Food and Booze

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I've never cared. It's probably why I've always had a big ass.
I always "knew" what was up but looked the other way.
Never had a big ass but I've always had a belly, Man.
I kept reading about how this-that-and-the-other-thing are all good for keto diets.
But not losing any weight is forcing me to pay attention to portion control.
And I'm not happy about that.

Pic dump ahead!

Buddy was housesitting at his family's place, we cranked out some poorly shaped but excellent tasting pies.

Sweet grill set up.

Mozz / basil / garlic

Scallion / bacon / gorgonzola

Red onion / balsamic potatoe slices / parmesan

Feta / pepperoni / honey drizzle

Olive oil / mozz / garlic / cracked pepper

We were stuffed but had a buncha dough and ingredients remaining, so we made "everything left on the chopping board" pizzas.

First pic is with a stuffed cheese crust. Hey, we had to get rid of the cheese somehow :ducmanic:

Plenty of leftovers

The honey + pepperoni was an excellent combination, I recommend you try it. The raw potatoe slices and onion were my favorite, I thought it wasn't going to cooked enough but it was great.

Each pizza took about 90 seconds to 2 minutes to cook. Very quick. Takes longer to make it. This oven has been used to crank out pizzas for large parties with zero issue.

The dough is the most important part (good quality and rolled thin, don't forget the cornmeal on the bottom). Sauce is second most important ingredient, in my opinion. You could cut up a leather shoe for toppings and it'd taste great if the first items are in order.

Vegas12

BAMF+
:dash2:
View attachment 73398

View attachment 73400

We were stuffed but had a buncha dough and ingredients remaining, so we made "everything left on the chopping board" pizzas.

First pic is with a stuffed cheese crust. Hey, we had to get rid of the cheese somehow :ducmanic:

View attachment 73401

View attachment 73402

Plenty of leftovers

The honey + pepperoni was an excellent combination, I recommend you try it. The raw potatoe slices and onion were my favorite, I thought it wasn't going to cooked enough but it was great.

Each pizza took about 90 seconds to 2 minutes to cook. Very quick. Takes longer to make it. This oven has been used to crank out pizzas for large parties with zero issue.

The dough is the most important part (good quality and rolled thin, don't forget the cornmeal on the bottom). Sauce is second most important ingredient, in my opinion. You could cut up a leather shoe for toppings and it'd taste great if the first items are in order.

Thin, crispy crust....might as well use saltine crackers....🤮

Best pizza in the world is in Newhall (Santa Clarita) ca.
Dough is fluffy, almost like the center of sour dough.

(And there is still no "e" in potato....)

20210726_200007.jpg

:dash2:

Thin, crispy crust....might as well use saltine crackers....🤮

Best pizza in the world is in Newhall (Santa Clarita) ca.
Dough is fluffy, almost like the center of sour dough.

(And there is still no "e" in potato....)

View attachment 73403
1. Get that casserole outta here.

2. Thin crust, done properly, has a nice crispiness on the bottom with a soft inside, which this was. You should be able to fold without cracking. I suspect west coast has that garbage flatbread pizza, and so Californians use that DiGiorno's frozen pizza looking crust to overcompensate.

3. I thought "potatoe" looked a little weird.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
AD, Dough, sauce, and cheese are critical.. I fly cheese in from Wisconsin that I have custom blended.... sauce and Dough I make myself.. the dough must be a cold rise for it to be worth a damn...

I see over cooking occurring on the edges.. I have the opposite issue on my BBQ method.. I have to be real careful of the bottom of the pizza doesn't burn.. how where the bottoms ... a good hard yet soft crust is what I'm looking for.

The next house I'm going to build a brick oven and play with a few pies to see if I can get a good pizza going in the south.

Vegas12

BAMF+
1. Get that casserole outta here.

2. Thin crust, done properly, has a nice crispiness on the bottom with a soft inside, which this was. You should be able to fold without cracking. I suspect west coast has that garbage flatbread pizza, and so Californians use that DiGiorno's frozen pizza looking crust to overcompensate.

3. I thought "potatoe" looked a little weird.
Chicago garbage is casserole.....this dough is fluffy and airy.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
AD, I was looking at that same pizza oven, but the girlfriend was hesitant to drop over $2K on something like that for what would be not much more than an experiment to see if we even like cooking on something like that. So I ended up getting one of these, which so far, I fucking love for the convenience. I use it like a normal oven all the time. It's outside, so not getting the house. hot in these Arizona summers.

S.C.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...mu old pal Woody had some of those that worked well but cost like $150...

...he had a regular Pizza joint going on his front porch...he used to sell food stuffs at local fairs...

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Depends......on what diet the ass-e was on.

Reminds me:

What does 70 year old pussy smell like??

A) Depends.

Thank God I cannot smell since the mid eighties...

...I can only imagine what 96 year old pussy smells of but probably a mixture of piss/shit and yeast.

I see over cooking occurring on the edges.. I have the opposite issue on my BBQ method.. I have to be real careful of the bottom of the pizza doesn't burn.. how where the bottoms ... a good hard yet soft crust is what I'm looking for.
The charring of crust was from the pizza being close to the embers. One of the pizzas was overcooked in general and that came from focusing on beer and not the oven. These things cook damn quick.

The pizzas here are New Haven style (a happy accident) - oblong shaped, charring on crust, chewy dough. The underside was cooked nicely, nowhere near burnt. Sometimes you order from Pepe's and the bottom is dark and I don't like a heavy burnt taste, some people do.

The slices drooped, as any good slice should. A little more crispiness would have been nice and I think throwing the pizza directly on the cooking surface would have fixed that instead of using pans.

AD, I was looking at that same pizza oven, but the girlfriend was hesitant to drop over $2K on something like that for what would be not much more than an experiment to see if we even like cooking on something like that. So I ended up getting one of these, which so far, I fucking love for the convenience. I use it like a normal oven all the time. It's outside, so not getting the house. hot in these Arizona summers.

S.C.
Good call.

Cooking outdoors is the tits. Clean up is easier, doesn't heat up the house, enjoy the weather, etc. I'll definitely have an outdoor kitchen setup when I buy a house I'll stay in.

Drakhen

BAMF
20210822_092614[1].jpg20210822_095438[1].jpg

Finally bought myself a pellet smoker, a bit over a week ago. Trying a brisket on the smoker for the first time. Trimmed it myself, and likely made a mess of it, having not done it before and only watched a couple youtube videos on it. Injected and dry rubbed. Left side will be sliced, right side will be burnt ends.

20210822_092614[1].jpg

20210822_095438[1].jpg

BigGar

high on placebo
No pic but I made a perfect Old Fashioned tonight. Blanton's, bitters, simple syrup, Luxardo cherry, and I took two clear 2" x 2" ice cubes and broke them up just right for this particular cocktail. Stirred it all up in my duc glass. I regret the Bertness.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
No pic but I made a perfect Old Fashioned tonight. Blanton's, bitters, simple syrup, Luxardo cherry, and I took two clear 2" x 2" ice cubes and broke them up just right for this particular cocktail. Stirred it all up in my duc glass. I regret the Bertness.
I've been enjoying those lately, but I'm not using my Blanton's. Kate loves them and requires two of the Luxardo cherries.

BTW, Fee Brothers bitters is way better than the Angostura.

S.C.

Drakhen

BAMF
Ever wondered what the meat in a short rib looks like once it's been trimmed and de-boned? Amazing intramuscular fat. Looks almost like wagyu to me, though redder.

Then, attempted to cut it in a sort of "weave," botching it up a bit having never done it and not being super-deft with a knife. Into a Korean marinade for two hours, then about 8 minutes on the pellet grill set on 400 with direct heat. I could maybe have gone hotter for a little longer for more char, but it tastes delicious like this.20210915_175702.jpg20210915_180238.jpg20210915_212815.jpg

BigGar

high on placebo
Ever wondered what the meat in a short rib looks like once it's been trimmed and de-boned? Amazing intramuscular fat. Looks almost like wagyu to me, though redder.

Then, attempted to cut it in a sort of "weave," botching it up a bit having never done it and not being super-deft with a knife. Into a Korean marinade for two hours, then about 8 minutes on the pellet grill set on 400 with direct heat. I could maybe have gone hotter for a little longer for more char, but it tastes delicious like this.View attachment 77749View attachment 77750View attachment 77751
Those look fucking crazy good. Super tender?

Drakhen

BAMF
Those look fucking crazy good. Super tender?
They were pretty tender. A little longer in the marinade and a little longer on the fur might have helped a bit there, but i couldn't complain. The msrinade had bosc pear in it, and the acid is supposed to help tenderize the meat. I'd have let it sit overnight normally, but I was hungry and didn't have anything else in the fridge to eat, so...

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
I'm digging the breads...:up:
Dainty's specialty...bread, variety of pastries...all made from scratch. Real pumpkin, real apples picked from numerous trees, dough made with her dainty little hands.

Pickled tomatos carrots cabbage galic...all grown in my garden.

The apples that don t make it into apple pies and the like, end up being squeezed thru a juicer. The tart cider is out if this world good. No store bought apples have this aroma.

Top Bottom