Food and Booze

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Walked into Fry's this morning and saw EH Taylor and 1792 Full Proof on the shelf for $32. It's a great day! Maybe I didn't need to buy three more EH (I already have two), but they are very hard to find, and at that price, I can't just leave them there.

About the only thing I really want now that is not on the shelves, is any Pappy (fat chance) and an Eagle Rare, which I actually just got from a fellow bourbon guy in the Az. Bourbon Society. So, even better great day.

LS, no need to shit on the 80s booze cabinet. I know how you feel about it. :)

S.C.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
:eek: How's ,,,,,,,,,,da,,, liver........... :biggar:
I'm collecting them faster than I can drink them, so it's good for now. A few of those bottles are more than two years old and still not finished. I like some more than others. For example, once that Basil Hayden's is gone, I'll never get another. Same goes for that particular type of Ironroot.

S.C.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
So, until tonight, I've never had a brat in my life. Here's the very short story of popping that brat cherry.

Grilling the veg.

Then the brats. They were first boiled in a water/beer/spices/shitload of crushed fresh garlic.

I chose a bollio roll, which I hollowed out. I also picked up some hoagie rolls, as there were limited options, thanks to our food supply chain being fucked.

I went with a good dose of Maille Old Style, and a little Guelden's. I will NOT tell you who the ketchup was for.

The grandkid dug it. I really enjoyed it. I'll do it again.

As an aside, she stood by me as I prepped the peppers and onions, and then stayed with me through the grilling process. As a result, she wanted to try the veggies, and she ate some. Not bad for a two year old.

S.C.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Tried my first Pappy tonight. Not impressed. It's a fine bourbon, but no fucking way is it worth market price. And anyone paying more than that on the secondary market is a fucking sucker.

Don't get me wrong. It's good, but it's not worth the money. I have several bourbons in my collection which are better than this particular age. I'll give the others a try. I may like those more. But I never see a need to have this in the house (if I could ever get it) for any other reason than to provide a shot to a friend who thinks this shit is some amazing stuff........unlike myself.

S.C.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
20201203_164012.jpg

20201220_165419.jpg

20201216_173111.jpg

20201216_180811.jpg

20201206_152219.jpg

Since my commercial Kitchen Aid mixer died after 6 months of use and Kitchen Aid STILL not having a unit to send me even after 3 months the pizza and breads have been on a hold. Supposedly they are sending me a unit in two weeks.. amazing how they can advertise new units yet have no delivery date on when you would actually receive your order. Buyer beware. I switched to a Bosch mixer now as I need to mix a bunch of orders for Christmas cookies. Fuck Kitchen Aid.

kawachan

BAMF
Just cooked Cajun Cabbage at work.

Package of bacon diced and cooked in my wok sized pan.20201225_184418.jpg
Add a chopped head of cabbage, a diced onion, some bell pepper, and a can or two of Rotel. Top it off with some Tony's (More Spice) and enjoy. Cajun dude here at work told me how earlier this year and I've been experimenting with it. Even people that profess to hate cabbage have tried it and liked it.
20201225_192709.jpg
That is our side dish for deer steak at work tonight.

kawachan

BAMF
3 nights ago at work. Large baker potatoes ...sliced in the middle, layer with butter and generous onion slices with a touch of Tony's. Wrap in bacon, cover with thick aluminum foil and put in a pan 400 degrees for an least an hour. These we did @2 hours because they were pretty big. Add BBQ and it's more than anybody needs to eat for one meal.
20201223_182500.jpg
20201223_182941.jpg
20201223_205445.jpg

Anonymous Elvis 5

Anonymous Lurker Poop
You mother fuckers are on it.

We need to do a cookbook.

Fuck the haters.. Some of yall are impressive.

Anonymous Elvis 5

Anonymous Lurker Poop
Id love a cook book with motorcycles, bike pics, track pics, tits, and banging food shots with recipes.

kawachan

BAMF
Ranch Hand Tacos recipe from a guy I worked with from Oklahoma. He learned it over a fire on a ranch, hence my name for it.
Resized_20200802_113659.jpeg
@2 lbs of pork diced in cubes. He used pork butt. I found out it's a heck of a lot easier to buy boneless pork chops and trim the fat off the edges. Cook in a pan or skillet with a lil oil until pork is cooked. Usually right after the grease / water comes out which I dip out, the meat is usually done. I find the biggest piece and make sure. Add @8 oz of water with a mild chili and half of a hot chili seasoning OR a whole two alarm package. Simmer on low until it thickens and it's ready. I always stop at a local Mexican place and pick up a container of fresh pico. Add a lil lettuce and cheese on a tortilla. Deeeeeelicious
Resized_20190129_105820.jpeg

Anonymous Elvis 5

Anonymous Lurker Poop
Ranch Hand Tacos recipe from a guy I worked with from Oklahoma. He learned it over a fire on a ranch, hence my name for it.
View attachment 50349
@2 lbs of pork diced in cubes. He used pork butt. I found out it's a heck of a lot easier to buy boneless pork chops and trim the fat off the edges. Cook in a pan or skillet with a lil oil until pork is cooked. Usually right after the grease / water comes out which I dip out, the meat is usually done. I find the biggest piece and make sure. Add @8 oz of water with a mild chili and half of a hot chili seasoning OR a whole two alarm package. Simmer on low until it thickens and it's ready. I always stop at a local Mexican place and pick up a container of fresh pico. Add a lil lettuce and cheese on a tortilla. Deeeeeelicious
View attachment 50352
What is the sauce on it? More detail

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Some goodies delivered to my door to enjoy while attending a few online company Christmas parties

Writer's Tears could very well be my new go-to...

I've yet to try the stuff in the metamucil looking bottle

Ed

Here ya go:

I don't do business with King Arthur Flour any more, for philosophical differences (read as: fuck them) but this recipe will work great without their ingredients (I used Pillsbury Unbleached AP flour).

For butter, I used a European-style unsalted but Land O' Lakes unsalted will be perfectly suited... Kerry Gold is my fave salted but the consistency (too sticky) of their unsalted didn't work well in previous batches.

Top Bottom