Food and Booze

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I don't think we have a thread dedicated to it.

I have scientifically concluded that this English cheddar.

Goes very well with this.

This cheese is Murray's, which is available at Fry's/Kroger stores, and made in the U.S. While it's not made in England, it is every bit as good as Kerrygold, or other English Cheddars from across the pond that I have tried.

Lucky will be racing in momentarily to tell me I don't know fuckall about English cheddars.

S.C.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...he doesn't know fukall aboot whiskey...

...I want to try both products...

...I haven't found anything I like more than Woodford's Reserve.......yet....

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
...he doesn't know fukall aboot whiskey...

...I want to try both products...

...I haven't found anything I like more than Woodford's Reserve.......yet....

As a fan of Scottish single malt whiskys I take exception to your comments, you fucking prosser-pig.

However I shan't chastise you for, it you crocodile fucking bum-whore.

Cheddar. If it is a genuine English cheddar (from Cheddar, in the U.K.) then it should be very good. I always wanted to know what 'American cheese' was? Is it a generic name for cheese made in America or is it a brand name?

Anyway, I like whisky and cheese.

They are good things...

tinhead

Has never named a pet
I prefer toothpick size chunks of steak alternating with sips of bourbon. Woodford reserve works fjne, the more peppery Bulleit also offsets the meat nicely.

Stetson

BAMF
I always wanted to know what 'American cheese' was? Is it a generic name for cheese made in America or is it a brand name?

I think the full and proper name is actually American Pasteurized Processed Cheese Food. It's not really cheese. It's the orange, thin square things that McDonald's puts on cheeseburgers.

OP
OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I think the full and proper name is actually American Pasteurized Processed Cheese Food. It's not really cheese. It's the orange, thin square things that McDonald's puts on cheeseburgers.
There is a real "American cheese". It's lame, but it is a real cheese, and not just some fake shit made with space age polymers and such. And the orange is from annatto, a coloring. It can impart some flavor in some foods, but never will you be able to tell the difference between an orange and white American cheese.

S.C.

OP
OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Dropped a few skeeters on these two today.

And a fancy ice cube tray to compliment the booze.

I cracked open the Woodford. It's amazing. Super depth to the flavor, and the color is amazing.

S.C.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...can I have some...???...

...I won't bring the Black Velvet...not after this...

BigGar

high on placebo
I've got a growing bourbon collection. Tonight I slummed it with unbeatable classic Jack and Coke. Tennessee whiskey, I know . . . Most of the bourbons I drink on the rocks. I'm just not a neet guy. I like the way the flavors change as the ice melts. That Basil Hayden's is one of my favorites for sure. Spooky smooth for a bourbon. There's a lot of good stuff out there now and it doesn't have to cost a bunch. Larceny is the best "cheap" bourbon you're going to find I think. I don't snack much when I'm drinking whiskey, or whisky :) Snacking is for wine. I do like a good Dubliner or other sharp cheese. Not big on summer sausage but I do like a proper salami. We need to keep this thread going for sure.

OP
OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Gar, try a high quality cheddar with the bourbon. I think you'll like it. No crackers or other shit. Just cheese.

S.C.

LE05BUSA

GFY
Ford Farms is good. I like a double Gloucester, and the red Leicester. My favorite is a huntsman...can't beat a double Gloucester layered with a good Stilton.

OP
OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
So the Clyde May's is my #1 favorite out of all the options so far. Maker's Mark was always my go-to for sipping. That has changed for now. Woodford Double Oaked is next. The Basil doesn't of it for me.

S.C.

OP
OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I brought home a bottle of Texas bourbon tonight. It's shockingly excellent. I think I'm up to about 15 bourbons now, in the cabinet. This one rates up there near the top.

This tequila also followed me home. Very good, but Don Julio 1942 is still my favorite.

S.C.

OP
OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Yesterday's grab. I like it, but I'm not really much of a scotch guy. Gar, you will have to enjoy some of this with me.

I've got this to enjoy as well.

S.C.

OP
OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Gar brought me a bottle of Basil Hayden. I got a few sips before it disappeared.
I have teenagers who believe it’s cool to steal parents alcohol.
I was given a Macallan red label bottle for Xmas from a client. I’ll post a pic. Daughter opened it and served her friends while we were away one night. My youngest saved it from being emptied. Turns out it’s $2200 a bottle real rare stuff. To say I was pissed is an understatement. It’s fucking amazing btw. Makes single barrel Jack taste like gasoline
Jack, of any type, is for sport drinking. I've had plenty over the years, but I'd never put any of their offerings in a class with a good bourbon.

Basil Hayden.......No. It's way to light for me. I want a full bodied, highly aromatic, woody bourbon. Basil is not that. I have some left from the one and only bottle I bought, over a year ago. It's yours if you ever get to Phoenix for a visit. I'll drink my Clyde May's, my favorite. :biggrin:

S.C.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Jack Black was always good for Saturday fight at the nights.

I stopped mixing it with Coke and it improved but, there was still going to be blood.

My "sport" drink was Crown Royal & 7Up.

Rarely taste the hard stuff anymore as it kills my happy buzz.

Tasted some awesome tequila at Sails place though.

I never thought I'd ever drink that stuff again but, my sister got our other sister a Margarita machine and sourced an awesome mix that makes them go down so easy...
...too fucking easy.

How fucking many cheeseburgers is that? I maybe have six a year. Maybe not even that many.

S.C.
Slice of cheddar is 110-120 calories. So roughly 1 cheeseburger a week, every week. Or 26 burgers if there are 2 slices of cheese.

5000 cals over a year isn't even a lot....

RollieFree

BAMF
I also recommend the Basil Hayden. A student gave me a bottle at graduation. The hot chick helper graduated but not before we went for a long ride, had lunch and said our good byes. She gave me a giant bottle of Crown Royal and a wonderful letter tanking me for all she had learned. No I never crossed the line in any way. I actually tried to simply add some fun and value to her life. It worked well for both of us.
RF

BigGar

high on placebo
Gar brought me a bottle of Basil Hayden. I got a few sips before it disappeared.
I have teenagers who believe it’s cool to steal parents alcohol.
I was given a Macallan red label bottle for Xmas from a client. I’ll post a pic. Daughter opened it and served her friends while we were away one night. My youngest saved it from being emptied. Turns out it’s $2200 a bottle real rare stuff. To say I was pissed is an understatement. It’s fucking amazing btw. Makes single barrel Jack taste like gasoline
Got you covered on The Macallan Simon. I had no idea the price had gone up so much. Bought it for a client years ago. Can't remember what I paid for it but it wasn't over $100. He asked me awhile back if I wanted it as he hadn't had any hard alcohol save the occasional margarita for years. Of course I happily took it!

He died last week. Brain cancer took him with remarkable speed. A few members have probably met him. Colbath had lunch with him. RIP B.B.

Attachments

OP
OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Got you covered on The Macallan Simon. I had no idea the price had gone up so much. Bought it for a client years ago. Can't remember what I paid for it but it wasn't over $100. He asked me awhile back if I wanted it as he hadn't had any hard alcohol save the occasional margarita for years. Of course I happily took it!

He died last week. Brain cancer took him with remarkable speed. A few members have probably met him. Colbath had lunch with him. RIP B.B.
Well, shit. Sorry to hear that. Good guy.

S.C.

hedgehog

BAMF
for the lovers of strong cheddar who would like to broaden their horizons, if you can find it, try some `queso de cabrales´.

it´s a strong pale marbled cheese from northern spain, and will make your tastebuds dance!

if there´s not an import restriction on it, grab a lump as it´s worth it!

edit - just checked and it´s not permitted for export….ah well, more for me :ducmanic:

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
for the lovers of strong cheddar who would like to broaden their horizons, if you can find it, try some `queso de cabrales´.

it´s a strong pale marbled cheese from northern spain, and will make your tastebuds dance!

if there´s not an import restriction on it, grab a lump as it´s worth it!

edit - just checked and it´s not permitted for export….ah well, more for me :ducmanic:
Maybe here...
Cabrales - Cheese.com

sailUSVI

Treat yourself to some of this premium teekillya, buy it direct from the bottler in San Diego. I have em send it to Maine :up:

C4A5AB30-35BD-4834-8CE3-B292D67EF4BE.jpeg

sailUSVI

Tried some of this in Vegas at cousins house a few weeks ago...:eek:

0B4B9941-5191-4ADD-9758-518D56E9049A.jpeg

sailUSVI

He didn’t divulge the price, must be expensive...worth it? Not sure but it was good.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
That sounds like their version of fromunda cheese.

Top Bottom