FLORIDUH BUILDING INSPECTION

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Our codes mean the buildings can withstand hurricanes!
Still night air presents unique stresses, though.
They thought the exorbitant permit fees meant things were inspected to conform to code.
Gravity remains merely a theory. :retard:

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Fuk off free.:fuckyou:
This collapsed building has nothing to do with Miami.
That other thread is an incoherent mess.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Watered down cement. Trade Center had to redo the foundation for the same reason

Billy V

BAMF
The old leaky AC units that weaken the concrete...

I saw it in a condo in Ft. Lauderdale - lots of cracks and weakened cement in the areas.

And I'm taking a FREE ONE too

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
You're all throwing shade trying to deny the involvement of white people in this disaster.
What color was the architect?
What color was the builder?
What color was the financier?
What color were the engineers and inspectors?

As white as a dead coral reef...

RobBase

Flippin Swiss fan of Tay-Tay
A loser in life, a loser in posting threads and an unsurpassed winner in self-hate...........................Tinhead has no equal!

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
A residential building that was structurally inspected LAST MONTH collapses. One person is dead, about a hundred are "missing". Rescue operations continue.

The buildings owner(s) walk free the day after. So do the inspectors. Thousands of column inches of news coverage, we haven't even heard who owns the pile of rubble and human flesh. The identities of the building inspectors remain a state secret.

Looks like a whitewash. šŸ·šŸ’°

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Going with Acts of God for $100, Alex!

Looks/sounds to me like it was the ground the building stood on that was more the problem than shoddy construction practices.

Maybe some inspection with ground penetrating radar is going to be up next for buildings so close to the sandy shores there soon?

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Yeah, nobody responsible for anything, shit happens, la dee dah. :retard:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Yeah, nobody responsible for anything, shit happens, la dee dah. :retard:
Nope, whomever surveyed the building site to begin with and didn't factor in geological changes would be the ones to point fingers at...

...as well as the inspectors who missed the changes going on underfoot.

So, mostly government officials, engineers, builders and of course the insurance company that wrote the policy for the building should be the ones toupee.

CID

BAMF+
Never liked that about florida....... this is one of a billion reasons why we shouldnt allow high-rises on the beach/side. There SHOULD be a set back...imo... of at LEAST a block where a street separates the structures from ocean side.

As is, these hotels and condos capture their portion of the beach like they own it then try and control its access points.

I wouldn't be sad to see every single high-rise on the beach side get bulldozed. Having said that.... no state income tax is a pretty good trade off.

Last edited:

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
So you want detailed reasons of the collapse after one day. You are kidding right. First inspection won't even start until the building and area is search for Human remains, spring up the property is first.. then a removal of ground debris coincides with further remain search.

Your looking at two months before you will start to see any evidence of the actual collapse .. the standing part of building will be what they will look at once all the people are gone and should provide the answers

Let the conspiracy theories fly.. maybe Bush did it.

CID

BAMF+
From what I read the "data" shows the building in a sinking state going all the way back to the 90s. So now they saying it was there they just didnt think it was a big deal.

Now they know the mean time to failure.... we'll need more money for government to monitor it. let the lawsuits fly baby!

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
tinhead's wrong......

It's Miami, so it's Cubans man...Cubans!

From the Cuban workers to the Cuban supervisors and the Cuban Inspectors, there's just too much of a Laissez-faire attitude.

Wait a minute, can I use a French phrase to describe a Latino attribute? Is that cultural appropriation? Or is it just plain racist? Are Cubans racist?

Too many questions , too early....

Hapo

Dog Boy
...indeed...I am very glad to not live in nor frequent such buildings...

...Imagine living in one in the adjacent area...sleep well...

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I was in a zillion story highrise hotel in Hong Kong, it was so, the chinks looked like ants in the park below. Anyway, that SOB was swaying in the breeze! I was wishing I had 1000 feet of rope and a pair of gloves. I saw shit there held up with bamboo scaffolding.

Top Bottom