Florida - State of the State Address

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
I really hope Trump passes the baton and steps aside for the vaccinated DeSantis
DeSantis is Trump policy in a package that would be more palatable to a wider audience

I think RD would win with a landslide so I hope it happens for 2024
Keep dreaming.
Sure, DeSantis would be more palatable to many, if not most. But he would be attacked no less viciously by our leftist communist overlords. If it's a politically amicable America you desire, you're going to have to wait until after the war... and hope the right side wins.

braindead_organdonor

unpopular opinions
Dems have no strategy except hopes of division in their opponents.
I'm not a big fan of this strategy, although if they run trump again it will probably work out.

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Dems have no strategy except hopes of division in their opponents.
I'm not a big fan of this strategy, although if they run trump again it will probably work out.
They'll attack all opponents by billing them as a mini-Trump and I foresee the smart repubs start to distance themselves from Trump

Of course, the best thing that can happen for the republicans is for HRC to win the nomination lol

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
They'll attack all opponents by billing them as a mini-Trump and I foresee the smart repubs start to distance themselves from Trump

Of course, the best thing that can happen for the republicans is for HRC to win the nomination lol
If you don't think every woman and democrat on welfare wouldn't vote for Killary, you'll be in for a nasty surprise.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
and since the media wont ever cover conservative successes... biggest quote from his speech.

"
Florida’s revenues have exceeded estimates by billions of dollars over the past year. December’s revenues came in at more than $500 million over the latest monthly estimate.

And this is all being done with no income tax and the lowest per capita tax burden in America.
"

Website
www.bobbywarns.com
I pocketed around $800 a month just moving to Florida from the communistwealth of Virginia. Plus they exempt all of my property taxes due to being permanently and totally disabled through the VA. Virginia only discounted certain taxes which ensured they would get their pound of flesh.

Anal Disco

"Disco, Anal Disco"
and since the media wont ever cover conservative successes... biggest quote from his speech.

"
Florida’s revenues have exceeded estimates by billions of dollars over the past year. December’s revenues came in at more than $500 million over the latest monthly estimate.

And this is all being done with no income tax and the lowest per capita tax burden in America
"
"Conservative success"...is that where the state that is slapping itself of the back for its wonderful revenue numbers still sucks up more federal funds than it pays in? A mostly red state bailout, provided by the generosity of mostly blue states.

Yep, pretty easy to brag about having little to no taxes when people like me in CT end up subsidizing your budget shortfalls. :D

braindead_organdonor

unpopular opinions
like new york and cali?
I meant more like Indiana guess. I love your state, just hate all your fees. When said I left 500 there in one week I meant 500 in taxes, fees, parking, and tolls. Florida tourism is where they are getting all their money. Read all about it while I was down there. December was a good month for you all, pre pandemic revenues.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Who pays into Federal tax scam? We all do. My salary is paid by the Navy. The Federal Income Tax I pay comes back to me. Well a tiny bit of it.

braindead_organdonor

unpopular opinions
If you think Florida is bad about being Federally subsidized you should look at Alaska's numbers.
And no, none of it is worth crying over.

BigGar

high on placebo
so why not cry about california that gets WAY more in federal funding than florida, and has some of the highest and most ridiculous taxes in the world?
Because, incredible to believe, so I'm not sure I do, but California actually contributes more to the federal pile than it takes back. Lots of rich folks paying lots of taxes here.
This was a couple of years ago, so I'm not sure if it still is the case, or if it ever "really" was the case.

Anal Disco

"Disco, Anal Disco"
so why not cry about california that gets WAY more in federal funding than florida, and has some of the highest and most ridiculous taxes in the world?
You're only looking at half the picture when you talk about how much it receives - how much does it pay TO the federal government?

California is breaking even when it comes to paying the federal government what it takes in.

Florida, not so much.

Something else worth pointing out - Florida is operating at a budget deficit in the $2-3 billion dollar range.

California has a budget surplus in the $30 billion dollar range.

Anal Disco

"Disco, Anal Disco"
And let me be clear - I don't particularly care whether California or Florida has more money, it's not a pissing match.

I'm not one of those assholes that wants to cut federal funding to a state just because I don't like their politics. I hear way too often from people, usually posting from their own brokedick state on federal welfare, that seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to cut funding to states with a certain political lean. The federal bank is one pot and it should go to help the states who need it most. We don't call it the United States of America for nothing.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
whaaaat? there are different ways to evaluate state budgets and expenditures?

California has more money than it knows what to do with according to one of those creative accounting methods?

how bizarre that state always seems to be hard up for cash for any multitude of reasons with such a surplus!

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Because, incredible to believe, so I'm not sure I do, but California actually contributes more to the federal pile than it takes back. Lots of rich folks paying lots of taxes here.
This was a couple of years ago, so I'm not sure if it still is the case, or if it ever "really" was the case.
Elon Musk changed that with one years taxes

CID

BAMF+
And let me be clear - I don't particularly care whether California or Florida has more money, it's not a pissing match.

I'm not one of those assholes that wants to cut federal funding to a state just because I don't like their politics. I hear way too often from people, usually posting from their own brokedick state on federal welfare, that seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to cut funding to states with a certain political lean. The federal bank is one pot and it should go to help the states who need it most. We don't call it the United States of America for nothing.
florida.. lol
dont come crying when we boot your grannie off federal funded medicare after she moves here. aint nobody moving to cali to retire.

cali's just paying for mexcans and south central.

Last edited:
Top Bottom