First ride

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
When was your first ride as passenger? What bike?

For me I was 3-1/2 - 4 yrs old. Neighbor down the street (John) had a "motorlickelickel" (BMW) asked me if I wanted a ride when he saw me admiring it while he was sitting there at the curb talking to my dad, he put me on the gas tank. Took me around the block. I fucking loved it!! When we got back my dad had a huge smile, my mom not so much.

Vicious_Cycle

HOLYBAMF
Neighbor's home made mini bike. I was about 4. No passenger pegs, but I probably couldn't have reached them anyway. The seat was a taped up pillow. I remember most everything about that bike, more than 50 years later. Even the tire tread pattern.
Could feel every power stroke through that little centrifugal clutch. I was hooked!

A couple decades later, after climbing the ranks of Jap bikes up to a Z-1, I rode a buddy's Low Rider, and my mind instantly raced back to that first mini-bike ride. Raw, primitive, unrefined, not only did it not bother me, it enticed me to buy a full-dress FLT shortly after that.

Ninjaman12R

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
Between 3 & 4 years old, my old man got a brand new '72 Yamaha TX750 (🙄) I was hugging the tank with my knees and holding the center of the bars....😀 He rode me everywhere on that thing. I was hooked before we ever got rolling.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
funny I had to hide my love which was a Boys life mini bike and a honder z50 in the late 70s.
Basically bikes and friends got me out of what could have been a miserable childhood. 95% of the people Im associated with is because of 2 wheels. I dont have any aquaintances that havent ridden. Some voluntarily... most others it wasnt their decision.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I had to be under ten y/o I'm sure.
My first ride was on the back of my Preacher's Yamaha cruiser motorcycle.
He was ex Army and a good dude. :up:
It was a short ride that I can barely remember now.

NTRYDR

Been There. Done That.
Never rode bitch until a few years after I started riding..Rode on the back of my friends 1940 Harley UL. Didn’t have a pillion, but a luggage rack that I bungeed my leather to..Spent the day bar hopping..Ended up in some women’s bedroom.....Had this awful bruise on my ass for two weeks..

nickslick

BAMF
First ride I got on the back of a bike was a gold wing. The first real feeling of power and the first time over 60 mph.

quiver

BAMF
My first ride was when I was 14, on the back of my brother, David's, 1975 harley 1100 sportster.
My brother was very fussy, so I only rode with family or my husband.
I spent better than half of my life on the back of his or my (ex) husband's bike.
after my brother passed away, he was 39, i was 34.

I decided to borrow a beater bike (a 305 kawi) practiced, took a safety course.
i had parkinson's, i kept falling on my right side.
250-300 pound bikes were nicer to me than my top heavy sporty.
i had these ugly red, purple bruises from my hip to my ankle.

i worked at it, until i stopped stopped falling and kept her upright

I had so much pride and joy with my own bike.
all of those good feelings and memories of all my routine going to work
and good rides still carry me through tougher times.

even after i had my stroke and i have blocks or years of memories missing, my bike days are still there.

Last edited:

BarryW

BAM
Don't remember the very 1st ride, but remember the last ride on that 1st bike. I was 5 and got pillion, little bro was 3 and sat on the tank. It was Dad and his '68 Triumph Bonneville (below) and we t-boned a kid who blew a stop sign on a minibike. A broken femur left me in traction for 6 weeks followed by a waist-down cast for 6 more. Took a while before the urge to ride came back, but eventually it did. :turboblew:52724

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Allstate 250 my uncle had as a teenager, I think was the first ride as a passenger.

I recall the second ride clearly as on the same uncle's Honda 350 a couple of years later as I burned the shit out of my right calf on the muffler as I got off after the ride.

On the back of a `70 CB750. My cousin who owned it rode around with 3 other like minded loons. All of them were hardcore into the IOM TT. I was 13 and had ridden mini bikes and the mighty Twin Jet 100 for 3 years.. shit storming long 100 mph sweepers thru Algonquin Park on the K81`s of the 750 grabbed me `til today. Still my pick for top bike.

My first ride was when I was 14, on the back of my brother, David's, 1975 harley 1100 sportster.
My brother was very fussy, so I only rode with family or my husband.
I spent better than half of my life on the back of his or my (ex) husband's bike.
after my brother passed away, he was 39, i was 34.

I decided to borrow a beater bike (a 305 kawi) practiced, took a safety course.
i had parkinson's, i kept falling on my right side.
250-300 pound bikes were nicer to me than my top heavy sporty.
i had these ugly red, purple bruises from my hip to my ankle.

i worked at it, until i stopped stopped falling and kept her upright

I had so much pride and joy with my own bike.
all of those good feelings and memories of all my routine going to work
and good rides still carry me through tougher times.

even after i had my stroke and i have blocks or years of memories missing, my bike days are still there.
Wow...champion of a woman. Impressive.

Top Bottom