First ride of the year

Parked it in late October when I started bow hunting ...

Got a buncha rain yesterday and washed the salt off the roads , It’s 50 degrees with a 40 mph cross wind but fuckit ..
Slapped heated handgrips on last night , it’s been a long fkn winter ..

Felt good :up:

Que the guy in Florida that doesn’t ride 1000 miles a year in 3 , 2 .... 15C4A7CA-E2E3-4CED-AFF5-ED0841139991.jpeg

We got the dirtbikes out yesterday, and the banshee to freshen up our trails. Ive been riding a lot this winter though, at work.

OP
OP
jhinderliter
I bought stock hd stuff , advertised as plug and play ... they work good , tied into the back of the cigarette lighter ...

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I have boxes and boxes and boxes and a bike very much apart.. .. but it's going to be an orange spring summer and fall

VFR Rider

BAMF
Had my first ride of the year about a week ago, then went out again yesterday. Damn it felt good. Hope to head south into the mountains next month.

20190227_143000.jpg

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
rode some last month, zero this month so far, been getting hit with major rains though, I got 130% of my annual rain fall in the first 3 weeks of Feb.

Was gonna try and get to the track on the 30th (Thill) but thats looking less likely every passing minute.

bike parked in my office right now, collecting dust.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Side cars are a handful in my experience..
Will the car tire help it track ?
Once you put a sidecar on, the rear tyre doesn't make that big a difference. You'll get more life outta the car tyre. Getting the proper alignment on the sidecar wheel makes a whole lot of difference.

LMR

BAMF
Side cars are a handful in my experience..
Will the car tire help it track ?
The car tire is suppose to have better wet traction, braking, mileage and all around more surface area on the ground. A lot of gold wingers use it with no issues in the corners. On mine, the rig doesn’t lean.

kratz74

BAM
I remember those says before I moved to Alabama....

Master-Cylinder

Goldwing riders who don't feel the difference in corners with a car tyre are just plain ass fucking morons! They're just trying to convince their cheap car tyre is just as good as a purpose built motorcycle. The bead shape between car rims/tyres and motorcycle rim/tyres are different.
As a motorcycle shop, we will not mount car tyres on motorcycles. Why? Because it is a liability lawyers wet dream!

LMR

BAMF
If you want to compare it to extreme lean than yeah. I want to be open minded enough to try it for myself. As I said, I no longer lean.

Goldwing riders who don't feel the difference in corners with a car tyre are just plain ass fucking morons! They're just trying to convince their cheap car tyre is just as good as a purpose built motorcycle. The bead shape between car rims/tyres and motorcycle rim/tyres are different.
As a motorcycle shop, we will not mount car tyres on motorcycles. Why? Because it is a liability lawyers wet dream!
Pretty much spot on with my experience with those people too. Cheap ass excuse makers. The best was the guy with the Rocket 3 Triumph. He had a wheel bearing failure so I had to cut his brand new street tire off his wheel, because no tire machine was takin' it off. Reason I needed tire off , it was so bad we had to cnc the wheel and put a sleeve in it, also used a larger bearing since the puny one triumph uses had already failed twice.

Master-Cylinder

Pretty much spot on with my experience with those people too. Cheap ass excuse makers. The best was the guy with the Rocket 3 Triumph. He had a wheel bearing failure so I had to cut his brand new street tire off his wheel, because no tire machine was takin' it off. Reason I needed tire off , it was so bad we had to cnc the wheel and put a sleeve in it, also used a larger bearing since the puny one triumph uses had already failed twice.
Those fucking tyres are a bitch! I've cut a few off myself! If the god damned rim had some drop in it, it would make the job easier to do.
Who'd you get to do the wheel? I would have guessed a Fle Bay wheel would have cost less than the fix.

Those fucking tyres are a bitch! I've cut a few off myself! If the god damned rim had some drop in it, it would make the job easier to do.
Who'd you get to do the wheel? I would have guessed a Fle Bay wheel would have cost less than the fix.
Wheel was a stocker with classic components chrome plate. Rocket 3 though it's like 8 inches wide obscurity, had to fix it. I have a friend I used to use for all our custom fab needs. We used to work together when I was making chips for a living. We fixed a lot of wheels, so many of them fail from not being set up properly, aftermarket wheels mostly, hub spacing, etc.

Winter here is actually my preferred riding season, took this yesterday after a 2 hour assault.
B06CBBC2-417E-4B8D-A45C-473CF3BF9952.jpeg

pimpslayer

BAMF+
I'm sure they think the earth is flat as well.

Darkside Motorcycle Setup
Great article. The blogger spoke the truth, as long as you ride like you're scared...you'll be O.K.

Down in the comments, a guy named Brian posted a good rebuttal also.

He mentioned several engineers he spoke with, one of them being TJ Tennant from Bridgestone. I know TJ. We're in the Nashville Ducati club.

I had the chance at a meeting a couple of years ago to sit and talk tires with TJ for a while, he's funny. He's also the guy that lawyers call to show up in court when they need tires explained to a jury during a lawsuit. Matter of fact, he just retired a year ago and works full time as a consultant now.

Top Bottom