Finally

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I came down to Ga in August to see just how humid it got. It was WAY less humid and less hot then NYC during the same time.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Wherever you decide to move... the way to narrow down the exact part of the city to live in is by finding out which high school has the best football team every single year over the last 10-15 years.
That school district will most likely be your golden ticket to home and property valuation increases.
Not to mention, wealthy MILFS.

I cannot afford to live in the best two school districts around here that have the teams which are routinely a challenger to state championships.

whipit1K

BAMF
I came down to Ga in August to see just how humid it got. It was WAY less humid and less hot then NYC during the same time.
I have noticed in the last few years on multiple occasions that the heat and humidity in the northeast was actually worse in the northeast than in NC where I live.....talk about getting fucked by the weather both ways

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Wherever you decide to move... the way to narrow down the exact part of the city to live in is by finding out which high school has the best football team every single year over the last 10-15 years.
That school district will most likely be your golden ticket to home and property valuation increases.

I cannot afford to live in the best two school districts around here that have the teams which are routinely a challenger to state championships.

Ummm I lived in Freeport NY .. a mostly black area with an excellent foot ball team... the school.SUCKED yet the big apes played well... people want education not sports.. well the educated parents any way. :).

I narrow it down by going to the supermarkets, the churches, the schools, and the home improvements. I see WHO and WHAT my neighbors are.. these are the people I'll be dealing with on a day to day basis ..

Then I introduce myself to the local PD station as well as the FD station.. I get ALL the info of what areas of the city or town to avoid, which are the best places, and where to eat from those guys. :)

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I have noticed in the last few years on multiple occasions that the heat and humidity in the northeast was actually worse in the northeast than in NC where I live.....talk about getting fucked by the weather both ways

I just started looking in the Carolinas...

I'm hating the open floor design of Florida houses.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench

Jesus H Christ, that would be the last fucking thing I would think of, or consider. I think they should ban High school football. College and Pro football too. Add basketball and baseball. :fu:

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I would regularly get up to 100 degree+ in South Dakota, humid too, in the eastern side of the state.

lanta

BAMF

Here's example A---Buford has its own city school system, not the shitty county schools. Every last kid on their varsity baseball and football teams last year was committed to a D1 college. Every one of em.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins

whomever taught you that logic has never invested in real estate. Location location location

Terry_Schiavo

The football logic may be flawed, but a good school district is a huge part of that location rule.
depends on what your definition of good is. The toughest college prep school here is in the middle of shitsville ghetto. There is a more expensive prep school named Bolles thats basically a local business leaders kid club in a much nicer hood but also costs stupid money. They allow some kids of color to attend on scholarship who are not in the big money club. In the name of divershity.

Vegas12

BAMF+
depends on what your definition of good is. The toughest college prep school here is in the middle of shitsville ghetto. There is a more expensive prep school named Bolles thats basically a local business leaders kid club in a much nicer hood but also costs stupid money. They allow some kids of color to attend on scholarship who are not in the big money club. In the name of divershity.
I read that loud and clear, but I'm not sure the location of a prep school dictates the entire school district.

I'm sure there were other factors, but my kid bought a house in a decent neighborhood that has shitty rated schools.....property was at least 200k less than where it would be where I live.

He uses my address to send his kids to school here.

Terry_Schiavo

I read that loud and clear, but I'm not sure the location of a prep school dictates the entire school district.

I'm sure there were other factors, but my kid bought a house in a decent neighborhood that has shitty rated schools.....property was at least 200k less than where it would be where I live.
He uses my address to send his kids to school here.
right i had some childhood friends that did something similar... but the fact is the best neighborhoods dont care about school proximity. The town I grew up in could be walked for everything from basics to dining to retail. Of course all those assholes drive 6 figure sedans or suvs so they get wacked in parking $$

lanta

BAMF
The towns in and around metro Atlanta that have city schools are extremely desirable, and the housing prices reflect that. Not all of them have great athletics, either. The quality of education, student to teach ratio, etc. are the factors. County public schools really suck, so it isn't like there is a giant bar to clear. My neighbor is a teacher, she moved from Gwinnett county, the 2nd largest district in the state, to Jefferson City schools just to get her kids out of the 1st into the 2nd. She(told me anyway) took a 20K pay cut by doing so.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
We have a contender.. MAYBE ..

20211015_105948.jpg20211015_110538.jpg20211015_112520.jpg20211015_105419.jpg

View from back deck20211015_105652.jpg

Best part newly paved serious switch back up the mountain with a fresh anti ice coating that will be fun to rail up and down.

Just 3 miles to the Bama state line of nice straight smooth roads for some nice top speed runs through farm lands.

Side property is perfect for hang gliding launch if I get a landing sight below.

It has a small place that used to be a flower shop that I can sell some of my backed meals from..

Best part.. Dade county has no codes so I can do any thing I want.

I've also heavly expanded my Florida search so the big question is beach or mountains.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Watch out though, I grew up in a house that had jungle backed up it like that.
Snakes would routinely crawl up on top of that back fence to get some sun.

random pic

lanta

BAMF
NLR Sebastian lived or still lives up there, I think he was on Lookout. Maybe he would be of assistance...

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
NLR Sebastian lived or still lives up there, I think he was on Lookout. Maybe he would be of assistance...

We are good friends and is my current land lord.

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but...

Zillow stock tanked hard yesterday after announcing they will be suspending their home buyer program for the remainder of the year

Some say house flipping labor shortages

Some say Zillow doesn't want to be holding any bags when the housing market crashes

Some even say a market crash is already underway causing Zillow to stop buying

Might be a good idea to follow their lead

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I'm still renting as inventory is not producing what I'm looking for. And spending WAY over value is just not in me.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Most houses I'm seeing on the west costvof Florida are zillow offerings ... Strangely they are flipping for houses only 10 to 18k over buy in..

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Paul, how bout some land, build a metal building that contains a shop and living quarters.

I’m sure ya don’t need help :cool:

Last edited:
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Just another sign of a pending collapse... developer cuts size of project in halfof new houses ....AND is building 1500 Sq foot houses.. fuck here I am thinking how small a 2100 Sq for house is in an open design concept. 1500 feet is a freaking apartment

Top Bottom