These may be helpful...

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Well if the F4 hits..

Screenshot_20211229-204302_FirstAlert.jpg

I have all my eggs in one basket ..20211229_172129.jpg

well the jeep is still outside until I get a few projects I want done in the garage... I'm doing a spray foam, add a split unit and adding another 20x30. Lighting, outlets I'm also redoing.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Paul, I see a ol’ truck in your future….

Funny you mention that. I see some serious good shit here wasting away in fields. I always wanted a 58 Chevy pick up. There are 3 of them in decent condition just sinking into the ground. As I drive more and more in the back country there is automotive gold just waiting for someone to rescue them.

I woukd take that 58... mount the body on an modern pick up chassis and swap interiors and drive the piss out of it.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
just may have to come out for a visit :wink2:

Funny you mention that. I see some serious good shit here wasting away in fields. I always wanted a 58 Chevy pick up. There are 3 of them in decent condition just sinking into the ground. As I drive more and more in the back country there is automotive gold just waiting for someone to rescue them.

I woukd take that 58... mount the body on an modern pick up chassis and swap interiors and drive the piss out of it.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I just walked the property I have a lot of big ass bird nests in a lot of trees ...

I also have 6 Bald Eagles that fly off the mountain Daily.

But if I start seeing a bunch of those fuckers in my trees there will be a Forrest fire that will make Cali fires look like a camp fire. :)

chandler

BAMF
I don't see snakes in trees around here but there are definitely tons of Copperheads in North Georgia. I kill about two a year and I've had several close calls. I hate those fuckers!

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
I just walked the property I have a lot of big ass bird nests in a lot of trees ...
Are you sure they're bird's nests?

If they're about the size of a basketball (or slightly smaller), you might be looking at squirrel nests. My oak and pecan trees are full of them over here.

Regular bird nests have all been blown out of my trees.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Are you sure they're bird's nests?

If they're about the size of a basketball (or slightly smaller), you might be looking at squirrel nests. My oak and pecan trees are full of them over here.

Regular bird nests have all been blown out of my trees.
They could be squirrel nests... there is a TON of them around here. property isn't fenced in so I need to do that so I can bring the dogs here .. once the dogs are here the Squirrels will be vacating.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...it is likely you could seek out local air gunners to reduce the number of squirrels...

...those guys seek out land owners with pest problems who want the pests killed w/o getting the place shot up or disturbing their live stock...

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
My front yard has turned into mole city. Underground trails all over the yard. They sink in when I walk on them, makes the yard soft and cushy.
Me too, it was a bad year for moles. I usually use a couple spring loaded spike traps to kill them, but there were too many. I only got 2 of them.

Plus, I have an armadillo in the neighborhood. I hardly ever see him, but he shows up at night to dig up the same grubs the moles are looking for. As a result, I have dozens of little holes all over my yard. It looks like a Putt-Putt golf course out there! I don't like chemicals on my lawn, but I'm ready to spray the poison on the lawn that soaks in and kills the grubs just to get rid of the moles and armadillo.

BigGar

high on placebo
Me too, it was a bad year for moles. I usually use a couple spring loaded spike traps to kill them, but there were too many. I only got 2 of them.

Plus, I have an armadillo in the neighborhood. I hardly ever see him, but he shows up at night to dig up the same grubs the moles are looking for. As a result, I have dozens of little holes all over my yard. It looks like a Putt-Putt golf course out there! I don't like chemicals on my lawn, but I'm ready to spray the poison on the lawn that soaks in and kills the grubs just to get rid of the moles and armadillo.

NORTY

BAMF
...it is likely you could seek out local air gunners to reduce the number of squirrels...

...those guys seek out land owners with pest problems who want the pests killed w/o getting the place shot up or disturbing their live stock...
Falconer's do the same thing, at golf courses. During play.
Air guns aren't nearly as quiet as a hawk or falcon. In fact, they're getting to be like .22's.

For ultra quiet night work, there's owl's...

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain

Same here, except that it's a skunk instead of an armadillo. I have a bag of grub killer in my garage, that a fucking mouse chewed open and spilled all over the place. I just don't want to spread the poison on my yard. I kind of like my well water unpoisoned... 🤷‍♂️

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I'm in the crawl space fixing a water heater leak.. I took the 45 and the shot gun.. anything living down here is getting filled with lead.. REPEATEDLY
Find yourself some .22 shot shell ammo. Probably the best option, as you won't do much collateral damage with that round, compared to a big shotgun or pistol round.

S.C.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I actually grabbed a mole out of it tunnel once. Saw it burrowing in the yard, grabbed my welding gloves and scooped it out. Those little buggers are strong! If I didn't have on the gloves, it would have messed me up. I turned it loose in the bitch next door yard. She lives for her lawn. I'd dump a dozen over there if I had them.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
I actually grabbed a mole out of it tunnel once. Saw it burrowing in the yard, grabbed my welding gloves and scooped it out.
I was out in my front yard and saw mole action in the lawn, so I walked in the front door and grabbed the 12 ga.

Shot the area that was moving with some 7 shot, and it stopped moving. A big mole crawled out on top an hour later and died there...

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com

I also have 6 Bald Eagles that fly off the mountain Daily.

But if I start seeing a bunch of those fuckers in my trees there will be a Forrest fire that will make Cali fires look like a camp fire. :)

It was a little surprising to look up and see that .. :frEEk: Those squirrels are tasty, just sayin ..

Bandit Man

BAMF
When they put a neighborhood in down the street from the compound I put up a dogear fence, but before putting the slats up I put plywood between the posts to keep them from looking between the boards. Had to plant tall bushes on the outside too, they would stand on thier cars to look over the fence.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Fucking moving company tried to get me for an extra $850..

When these fuckers showed up they had a 30 foot truck..

Didn't read the contract until getting into a fight with them about not being able to get a tractor trailer onto the property.. seems it states if a tractor trailer can't get onto the property an $850 surcharge will be added for a transport truck and crew. .. seems these fuckers do multi moves on a run with a tractor trailer .. only local theybuse the small trucks

So I called my dog Client and he looked into it and got it cut to $200.. The cost of the truck rental is all I have to cover.

Yep I'm dealing with Russian Jews :)

LuxPride

BAMF
Congrats, Paul!

Mentone Alabama is pretty country, take a day trip when the weather's nice. Rome has grown a lot in the past few years. That's a great area to land, enjoy it in good heath!

Top Bottom