Finally. The Search has ended

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
I would say that builder is "optimistic" hes going to sell 300 homes nowhere near a military base or office complex and west of 95.
The realtors for the big builders up here are limited to 5 sales a month...lol. They usually make them in 1 or 2 days to close those...
Turnaround is currently at 6-11 months right now from slab to final for single story units. Lil longer for 2 story and larger homes like in E town.
In 2017 there wasnt even a road built just an exit off 295.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I pretty muched ruled out living west of 95 if I'm down in Fl.. unless I'm on the West Coast of FL but want to be close to the water... not enough to flood but enough to keep it slightly cooler.

chuck356

BAMF
No place is perfect, I feel fortunate to have what we have, I hope to live here till I die. Having a second shop 8 miles away isn't always an ideal situation, but I don't have room for it all in the new building either. My master plan changed a bunch when I got re-married several years ago, so some things are not ideal, but it all works. I hope you can find someplace that you like soon. I don't like being crowded, the population density in my township is 27.6 people per mile, and it suits me fine.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
We got them in GA.. but they are starting to die out now.

Panhandle is a dicey investment with storms and such.. but I had some great fun in Destin every time I went there

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Well. I'm a house owner..

With every box checked.. pool... big garage... separation of neighbors.. front and rear deck... training area for dogs... safe area with good location.. warmer weather ... and great kitchen.. and a place to burn the bodies

closed on a house today and took possession.

Now here the huge difference of living in NYC and small town ga. I had to wire transfer the money to the title company .. I use TD bank.. closest branch is in SC.. they would not do any transfer by phone even though they thanked Me for using the voice recognition system..

So I go to my small town bank who I established a bank account with to prove residency.. I go in and asked them is there any way they could help with the transfer. The manager let me cut a personal check for 300k and deposit in my account.. then let the bank wire the money... no hold no wait for the personal check to clear.

No way no how that would have happened in any NYC bank. I thanked him and told him by next week all money will be transfered here.

as promised pics of the house.
20211223_145506.jpg

20211223_115325.jpg20211223_145529.jpg20211223_145846.jpg

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Cool back yard!
Front yard lawn needs work.
Any crazy single women living nearby?

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Cool back yard!
Front yard lawn needs work.
Any crazy single women living nearby?
I won't have lawns.. I have working dogs come and go .. just have to keep everything short and pick up poop. I'm on top of a mountain nothing under me but rock .

I was talked up by a crazy Walmart check out girl... she gave me her life story and wanted to here all about NYC.. I why does she think I'm from NYC. She said you don't sound like your from around here.. you sound like your on the Saprannos ... I said theybare from New Jersey and I assure you I'm not from New Jersey.. so she says we'll where ever your from I love how you talk, I could listen to you all day long. I thanks here and wished her a Merry Christmas...

She was indeed crazy. But not the crazy skinny long hair type girls I like

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I'd stain that new treated wood deck.

RollieFree

BAMF
I won't have lawns.. I have working dogs come and go .. just have to keep everything short and pick up poop. I'm on top of a mountain nothing under me but rock .

I was talked up by a crazy Walmart check out girl... she gave me her life story and wanted to here all about NYC.. I why does she think I'm from NYC. She said you don't sound like your from around here.. you sound like your on the Saprannos ... I said theybare from New Jersey and I assure you I'm not from New Jersey.. so she says we'll where ever your from I love how you talk, I could listen to you all day long. I thanks here and wished her a Merry Christmas...

She was indeed crazy. But not the crazy skinny long hair type girls I like
How did she know you were from NYC? First 4 sentences. I’m sure you told her. New York and Texas. Never fails. HaHa!!
RF

zxfan

BAM
Congrats Paul!I
Place looks great!

Two very important questions.

Are there any good dirt bike trails nearby and how far is the closest drag strip?

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Nice.
How big is the lot?
Only just under 2 acres ... my neighbor has the 50 acre wooded lot next to me that he won't sell or develope. He already gave me permission to hunt or shoot on the land

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Congrats Paul!I
Place looks great!

Two very important questions.

Are there any good dirt bike trails nearby and how far is the closest drag strip?

Not sure about dirt biking plenty of 4x4 parks and trails though..

Drag stips. I'm well covered ..

Screenshot_20211223-225258_Google.jpg

But I'm doing top speed runs with my set up these days so I have to travel a bit for that

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
How did she know you were from NYC? First 4 sentences. I’m sure you told her. New York and Texas. Never fails. HaHa!!
RF

Nope .. I never say where I'm from.. I never admitted nor told her I was from NYC ...

Besides I was born here. It was a previous life but I am an old Southern Gentleman from the cotton days

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Good job Paul 👍 that’s a nice place and it didn’t break the bank. Is that a efficiently apt above the garage ?

ask the owner of the 50 acres to give you “Right of first refusal” :cool:

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
It's a full 2 bedroom .. it's on a shared water heater but the old owner has a separate new water heater with electric hooked up in the garage.. all I have to do is run the water lines and cap the old ones. And then it would be on its own.

RollieFree

BAMF
Nope .. I never say where I'm from.. I never admitted nor told her I was from NYC ...

Besides I was born here. It was a previous life but I am an old Southern Gentleman from the cotton days
Sorry dude I forgot about that. Now I remember hanging back in the day smoking sweet tobacco, southern belles and you being the only dude around who could cook like you were from NYC.
we need to do that again.
RF

Website
www.bikeland.org
It's a full 2 bedroom .. it's on a shared water heater but the old owner has a separate new water heater with electric hooked up in the garage.. all I have to do is run the water lines and cap the old ones. And then it would be on its own.
Congrats on the house! I don't understand this... what's a shared water heater? Shared how? Don't have this around here.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Congrats on the house! I don't understand this... what's a shared water heater? Shared how? Don't have this around here.
With the rest of the house, dummy.

When he gets the new water lines up to the two bedrooms, those bedrooms/bathroom(s) will have their own water heater....

Website
www.bikeland.org
With the rest of the house, dummy.

When he gets the new water lines up to the two bedrooms, those bedrooms/bathroom(s) will have their own water heater....
Are you in a round about why trying to say there is an outbuilding of some sort fed by a water heater from the main house? Sorry it's just unclear trying to picture it

Vegas12

BAMF+
Are you in a round about why trying to say there is an outbuilding of some sort fed by a water heater from the main house? Sorry it's just unclear trying to picture it

Good job Paul 👍 that’s a nice place and it didn’t break the bank. Is that a efficiently apt above the garage ?

ask the owner of the 50 acres to give you “Right of first refusal” :cool:

Try and pay attention, ollie.....

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Very nice place, my friend. Any pictures of the kitchen and inside garage?
Garage needs a few things.. I'm doing a spray foam insulation and a split unit .. kitchen is decent but has electric stove. I'm going to convert that to propane as I hate electric ovens.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Garage needs a few things.. I'm doing a spray foam insulation and a split unit .. kitchen is decent but has electric stove. I'm going to convert that to propane as I hate electric ovens.
I noticed you have a bigass propane tank in the yard. Is the house/kitchen plumbed for gas, or is it going to be a bit of work?

S.C.

Since my daughter and her boyfriend now work in real-estate in Arizona for my Ex-wife real-estate company, my daughter has been looking for a house for me along the Colorado river near Bull Head City area near Nevada state line. I like that area since I love to fish and have a boat and jet ski, plus her and her boyfriend can use my house while I'm living in California. I also like Prescott Arizona also so she's looking for a cabin up in that area.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Since my daughter and her boyfriend now work in real-estate in Arizona for my Ex-wife real-estate company, my daughter has been looking for a house for me along the Colorado river near Bull Head City area near Nevada state line. I like that area since I love to fish and have a boat and jet ski, plus her and her boyfriend can use my house while I'm living in California. I also like Prescott Arizona also so she's looking for a cabin up in that area.
Get further out from Prescott proper. Prescott has grown a lot, and in the summer, it's a clusterfuck in and around town.

S.C.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Looks good, very good in fact. Some of those trees may need cut, and that one snag needs cut for sure.
Ill bring my cutting tools when my room is ready.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I noticed you have a bigass propane tank in the yard. Is the house/kitchen plumbed for gas, or is it going to be a bit of work?

S.C.

That is the small tank ... 250 gallon.. that will be for the whole house Generator and the BBQ and pizza oven I'll build.

I have a 500 gallon on order that will do the HVAC and the water heater... I'll blurry that tank rather then have it above ground.... I'll plumb lines for the stove.. apartment will be electric stove and a split unit electric .. they have a window unitvac and a small propane wall heater in there now.

I

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Looks good, very good in fact. Some of those trees may need cut, and that one snag needs cut for sure.
Ill bring my cutting tools when my room is ready.

I have a few trees that are too close to the house that need to go..

You are always welcome here my friend for as long as you want .

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Thanks, my final tour before I'm too fucking old is from here to Maine. Might be next Spring, or the year after. Id really enjoy seeing that part of the U.S. on the way.

Be dragging my camper behind the Dodge.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Thanks, my final tour before I'm too fucking old is from here to Maine. Might be next Spring, or the year after. Id really enjoy seeing that part of the U.S. on the way.

Be dragging my camper behind the Dodge.
I got plenty of room for the camper set up.. Hopefully have the shop built by then

Top Bottom