Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF

Looks like my dog business will be thriving in those places

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Logistics short notice really sucks on movers and storage.

Stetson

BAMF+
Closing dates get fucked up all the time up here, closing dates get set and then people start trying to get a moving company, only to find everything is booked....

I'm booking the 4th week of October now, anyone calling needing to be moved in a couple weeks is SOL.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
Do you have alot of "stuff"? My tools would be the hardest to relocate... but they are all wheeled boxes so. Household stuff would be given away or put at the curb.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Do you have alot of "stuff"? My tools would be the hardest to relocate... but they are all wheeled boxes so. Household stuff would be given away or put at the curb.

My entire garage and car stays behind. The house tools are the bitch.. I have A LOT.. my plan is to roll it all into storage then see if the area fits me or not.. I should know in two months if I want to stay or not.

rumble phish

BAMF+
My entire garage and car stays behind. The house tools are the bitch.. I have A LOT.. my plan is to roll it all into storage then see if the area fits me or not.. I should know in two months if I want to stay or not.
I would like to amend my previous statement of "you couldn't pay me to live there" with the caveat that that was said primarily due to the humidity and heat. The only place I've ever been to that had more oppressive humidity was Cancun, but then it was Cancun and you had the beach and resorts (all inclusive, including alcohol) to offset the humidity.

OTOH, the people I met in Georgia, and the South in general, were very friendly. I'm a "people person" and will strike up a conversation with just about anyone. It was doubly easy in Georgia as everyone I met, literally, treated me like a long time, friendly neighbor. :up:

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Yep white country..

I've already cooked for the most powerful family in the area and they are welcoming me with open arms.

Here is a great one star review of the place...

Dade/Trenton is a nasty, corrupt little corner of GA. They didn't join the Union until the 1940s because they wanted to keep hanging dark skinned people and not much has changed since then. The locals prey on outsiders who move here or buy a 2nd home to be near Lookout Mountain, which isn't exactly a mountain, but it is quite scenic. They have an unspoken rule of how they charge outsiders for their shoddy goods and services, which is usually twice as much as you would pay in Chattanooga. Most of the lower income people end up working for the handful of powerful families who run everything; business, law enforcement, the courts. There's also no accountability for unlicensed contractors. They can do whatever they want, over charge, change the terms, ignore GA building code. DO NOT ever build in dade county, whatever you do! If you ever cross one of these powerful families, they will all attack you. It's just a horrible place to live!

It's freedom my friends.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Yep white country..

I've already cooked for the most powerful family in the area and they are welcoming me with open arms.

Dade/Trenton is a nasty, corrupt little corner of GA. They didn't join the Union until the 1940s because they wanted to keep hanging dark skinned people and not much has changed since then. The locals prey on outsiders who move here or buy a 2nd home to be near Lookout Mountain, which isn't exactly a mountain, but it is quite scenic. They have an unspoken rule of how they charge outsiders for their shoddy goods and services, which is usually twice as much as you would pay in Chattanooga. Most of the lower income people end up working for the handful of powerful families who run everything; business, law enforcement, the courts. There's also no accountability for unlicensed contractors. They can do whatever they want, over charge, change the terms, ignore GA building code. DO NOT ever build in dade county, whatever you do! If you ever cross one of these powerful families, they will all attack you. It's just a horrible place to live!

It's freedom my friends.
Is there a "Double Deuce" roadhouse bar in that town?

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I was down there in August helping with a Dog Seminar.. something else that we will be doing there to put the place on the map. Weather was very decent for the South in August.. ya got to be in the foot hills or on a brow for the cooler areas. Low land water sources tended to be the more humid areas

BigBusa

BAMF+
Yep white country..

It's freedom my friends.
One persons 1 star review is another's 5 star review. Sounds like a nice place without lots of riff-raff, gang bangers and welfare queens.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Actually there is three of four resturaunts and only one decent one. They have a bojangles so they have that going for them.. I'm not much of a bar person so don't know about that scene..
One persons 1 star review is another's 5 star review. Sounds like a nice place without lots of riff-raff, gang bangers and welfare queens.

Exactly Don.. town was clean. People even after seeing my NY plates where friendly, and best of all ZERO traffic.. jump on 59 or 75 and you're on your way to any where.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Trenton, GA.

A little over 1,200 people in the town, and it's the County Seat. I like it already....

I'll try to meet you at the Huddle House for breakfast sometime next Spring. You're less than 4 hours from me.

We could leave the Huddle House and be in Tellico Plains 2 hours later,, eating a snack and getting ready to roll out onto The Cherohala Skyway...

You're in a good area. 👍

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
Yep white country..

It's freedom my friends.
well until the State completes its investigation of the local municipality...lol By law they have to follow IBC... which covers quite a bit. FL building code is stricter and has put in a law effective July 1 to keep those Fife types accountable. Last thing you want in FL is DBPR after you... they do not play.

Top Bottom