Fieros Forever - Forever Flooded

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
😥

I'm a bit of a Fiero fan, but more importantly, I've lost valuable collectables to a flood so I know the pain. Like this loss, insurance is bullshit on collectables... they use some bullshit 80% of current value as defined by purchase price and some depreciation table.

rumble phish

BAMF+
😥

I'm a bit of a Fiero fan, but more importantly, I've lost valuable collectables to a flood so I know the pain. Like this loss, insurance is bullshit on collectables... they use some bullshit 80% of current value as defined by purchase price and some depreciation table.
Collectibles... the misrepresented value of something someone finds sentiment in.

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Collectibles... the misrepresented value of something someone finds sentiment in.
It should be valued at what the market will bear based on items recently sold. Insurance will always charge whatever maximum premium they can and nickel and dime the hell out you on payout. Biggest legal scam ever.

I am forever getting into these conversations with "collectors" of various things. In my case, arcade games. I'm usually the buyer and the seller says "it's worth thi$". I say it's worth what someone will pay for it. My brother was into baseball cards back in high school. He'd pull out a card and say "this card is worth $20". I said he should sell it. He said "I can't actually get that much, but Beckett's says it's worth that". Okay.

Anyway, I still morn the loss of so many Fieros.

rumble phish

BAMF+
With the passing of my and my wife's parents, my biggest take away is that nobody really cares about your "stuff" when your gone. Be it sentiment or perceived value as a "collectable", it doesn't really mean anything to those left behind in the long run. Most of it just becomes a burden to those left to deal with it.

Sure, there are things I want to keep from my parents that hold sentimental value in my eyes and heart, but they're mostly photos or small items. My memories hold the real value. Others may have stuff that is worth something, but they are far and few between. If you really want to leave something behind that will do your family good, buy real estate. Otherwise, "stuff" just collects dust.

I've had an epiphany of sorts and I'm now working on reducing my "stuff". I do not want to leave a pile of old crap behind for my someone to deal with. I told him "If it's not in the safe, it really didn't mean anything to me beyond it's immediate usefulness.".

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
With the passing of my and my wife's parents, my biggest take away is that nobody really cares about your "stuff" when your gone. Be it sentiment or perceived value as a "collectable", it doesn't really mean anything to those left behind in the long run. Most of it just becomes a burden to those left to deal with it.

Sure, there are things I want to keep from my parents that hold sentimental value in my eyes and heart, but they're mostly photos or small items. My memories hold the real value. Others may have stuff that is worth something, but they are far and few between. If you really want to leave something behind that will do your family good, buy real estate. Otherwise, "stuff" just collects dust.

I've had an epiphany of sorts and I'm now working on reducing my "stuff". I do not want to leave a pile of old crap behind for my someone to deal with. I told him "If it's not in the safe, it really didn't mean anything to me beyond it's immediate usefulness.".
I only have one item that I cherish, it's my great grandfathers tie/stick pin... A cool little bull with ruby eyes... I gave it to my son, because to me its the most valuable gift I could give.

Stetson

BAMF
I had a Fiero GT for a spell. I enjoyed it. They were actually pretty good in snow, too, except for turning. They just wanted to go straight a lot.

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
A mark of a car's interest isn't always solely performance. If I had billions, I'd likely have the most eclectic collection of cars and bikes you've seen.
I agree, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Many vintage bikes, I would have a 92 Lumina in mint shape...old trucks ice cream trucks minivans, weird and cool tricked out shit...

I came to that exact same epiphany less than a year ago when my last parent died.
When though their stuff. And then started going though my own stuff. It's been enough years to know I'm never going to use some of this stuff, and no one else will either.

Vegas12

BAMF+
A mark of a car's interest isn't always solely performance. If I had billions, I'd likely have the most eclectic collection of cars and bikes you've seen.

GM Finally dumped the Chevette suspension which made the car actually work.....then promptly stopped production.

Buelldozer

BAMF+
One of the biggest shitbox motors ever.....

Neighbor threw a supercharged 3.8L Buick into one....it was OK.
Yeah, the 3800 Series II SuperCharged motor is a direct fit into the Fiero and was stock at 240-260HP and can easily be pushed up over 300 with just a cam change and pulley swap. A Fiero project is on my bucket list, maybe in a few years when I'm done with my Ranger projects.

OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Did the engines in those thing sit in there east to west?
In the MR2, yes. Fiero, I can't remember. Likely yes to accommodate the trans/drive half shafts.

I saw an Aztek on the road today, some people have no pride!
That "thing" should have never left the designers sketch pad... wadded up in the waste basket is where it belonged. That's a car that would not be in my collection.

When I was in high school I rolled in a few fieros. Most were slow. A few blew up when running them into things. I remember one incident in Indiana some unknowing trucker dragged a flaming fiero down the interstate for a minute or so before he noticed there was a melted glob of plastic stuck under his trailer.

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
I had the preasure of driving one from denver to indy and back, only stopping for gas .. and to pick up my dumb ass wife and bring her home, something I later regretted .. oh, there was a dog included on the way back, somewhere around deertrail in eastern colorado it ventalated the block, if I remember correctly, that was the 3rd moter in that pig, I think was an '87, 4cyl.

Top Bottom