FFU - Fat fuckers united - Pledge to lose weight and gain muscle by 4-12-2019

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Anyone game to post your current weight stats.
And pledge to lose 20% or something, by the 20th reunion party on April 12th, 2019 in Austin, TX?
And show up lean & mean.
And cut 1/10th a second off your 1/4 mile time.
And get a discount from ho's for being a sexy mofo.

I figure if BigGar stops eating Burly's cream puffs then he could do it.
Same for me if I could put some more cardio into my lifestyle.

I dunno, I'm just thinking out loud.

--------------------------------------------

Edit. Here's the game plan and initial progress report.

Do this five days a week and eat healthier.
And you'll slowly appreciate your damn self.

CARDIO/STRENGTH:
3 sets x 30 seconds

1. Squats
2. Lunges
3. Planks
4. Push-ups

STRETCHING:
3 sets x 30 seconds

1. Calf Stretch
2. Quadriceps Stretch
3. Shoulder Stretch
4. Triceps Stretch
5. Runner’s Stretch
6. Butterfly Stretch
7. Standing Side Stretch

23 week plan------->

1. Calf Stretch

2. Quadriceps Stretch

3. Shoulder Stretch

4. Triceps Stretch

5. Runner’s Stretch

6. Butterfly Stretch

7. Standing Side Stretch

C. Dolan

BAMF+
20 % ain't gonna work for me. :eek:

I started 2 years ago and lost 60 Lbs in 1 year, went from
40 inch to 32 pants.

Went from 230 to 170.

Bikes did get quicker, especially the small ones.

Some diet and bicycle 2x a week, total 60 mile avg.

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

Holy crap, not bad Dolan!!

I'd suggest you head to Carlsbad racetrack but...

C. Dolan

BAMF+
Holy crap, not bad Dolan!!

I'd suggest you head to Carlsbad racetrack but...
Yeah, Carlsbad went tits up about 15 years ago.

Got the ranch 14 years ago and do the lean 'er over thing on Palomar every Sunday. :devil:

Last edited:

BigGar

high on placebo
Working on it. Trying to drop 70 lbs by January 15th. I'm about 30 down now, but those are the easy ones. Time to get really disciplined if I want to win.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
I filled out all the paperwork for Medicare's Silver Sneakers at the Y 3 weeks ago.
Haven't heard one peep since.
But I'd bet the gubmint already heard from those crafty Christians to send the money to cover my "membership".

Billy V

BAMF
Never go more than 2 days without a deliberate workout.
(30 minutes of interval cardio - 45 minute maximum)

don’t eat stupid all the time -

keep lots of fruit (apples,bananas,kiwis at home) and peanut butter. If you get hungry... eat, but make it an apple or banana with peanut butter - not In-and-Out.

Snack food is the stuff I mentioned above, and olives, carrots, prunes,

Carry an Igloo Cooler with stuff - dry fruit, apples, nuts, quinoa, pretzels. I always have one in the car or boat.
- don’t forget the water - always carry water. Don’t drink anything else, except green tea.

I prefer the 1 liter bottles, it’s easier to keep track of how much you drank.

stay away from Mexican, Pizza, or Cheese/Pasta Dishes - order the Chicken, or Fish when you eat out.
- I eat out most days and nights.
Fish and Vegetables
Pho soup Shrimp and Vegetable- I eat it twice a week
Thai Food - lots of good fish dishes there - lots of spice to keep you interested.
Chipolte is a good stop.

don’t bring cake, cookies, soda, cold cuts, cheese, or candy into the house.

never leave Costco without buying a rotisserie chicken - it’s cheap as dirt and even if you eat one piece ... that’s one piece of shit food you didn’t eat.

for you single guys this is going to be easy - when you get hungry - just eat....

but if your married and have to eat on Her Time- you’re fucked. It can go wrong fast - you are probably go to have some unwanted advice or remarks as you try to control your eating habits.
- I don’t know what to tell you there - except try it anyway because it works.

If if you catch too much shit - straighten her ass out.

oh, one more thing - I don’t go to a gym. Everything I do is at home, or outside near by.
- if you are going to waste time driving to a gym, waiting for a machine with your thumb up your ass don’t expect too much results.

30 minutes at home is INSTANT, and no nonsense.
- have that cup of coffee - then get busy - and it’s over... Done for the day!

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
It was like you read my mine on this stuff CZ.

I do need to drop a few or 40 lbs and the gym is close by.

My eating is already close to what Billy V posted except I have to have a rich meal every now an again or life just isn't worth living.

Had a version of spaghetti last night with zucchini noodles, via the little machine that cuts them in angel hair size/shape, instead of pasta...
...and I skipped the marinara and just went a mixture of my own with Italian sausage, olive oil, lots of garlic, red onions and a few other seasonings to pour over the noodles.

I guess I should switch to wine instead of the beers though...dammit.

Now, if I could just get my hips to stay in place so I could ride the fucking bicycle.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
i am back down to my high school wrestling weight... 175 lbs... 32 in waist...

but i was 6 ft in HS... now i am down to 5 foot 10 inches...

was tipping the scales @ 230 plus pounds and sporting a 36 in' waist...

the little bikes do respond better to the wait loss... so do the little ladies...:pimp:

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
the real secret to weight loss is portion control...

and eat your carbs early in the day... not late... drink lots of water... stay busy... walk your dog a lot...

good luck getting skinny ... You fat fuchs... :wink:

agri

BAMF
I'm lucky and have a gym near work, so I get 5 workouts a week and walk the dogs 7 days a week for an hour.
Although I can 't make the reunion I'm in to go from 187 lbs to 175 lbs.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
I could surely stand to lose 30 pounds...I’m in

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I'm just trying to loose that last 5 lbs. I started doing intermittent fasting a few months ago and dropped a ton of weight. I'm down to 175lbs at 6' with a 32" waist. I don't think I would want to be any lighter than 170lbs.

I don't think there is any secret to loosing weight. Just consume fewer calories than you burn. With Intermittent fasting it is a little easier as you can only eat so much in two meals a day. I burn a bunch of calories riding my bicycle and going to the gym. I've been doing Orange Theory classes and I like it. The workout is basically intervals on a tread mill for 30 minutes and then 30 minutes of circuit training.

Billy V

BAMF
- There Ya go - just finished 30 minutes of mixed High Intensity interval cardio - done and done.

Who's Next?

Last edited:

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Nope. Any time I said I was going to lose weight I gained more.. like Billy said it's not brain surgery.. no diet will work with out a REAL commitment to cardio/heart rate increase..

If I lose weight fine. If not, fine too.. either way I still ride every day..

Billy V

BAMF
Nope. Any time I said I was going to lose weight I gained more.. like Billy said it's not brain surgery.. no diet will work with out a REAL commitment to cardio/heart rate increase..

I use the Air Assault Bike because it's a controlled workout.

At the very least you WILL feel better - which leads to more exercise because you will crave the endorphins.
- then a good cycle begins - positive, confident, and sense of wellbeing.

Try this:
Leave the weights alone - peddle that Air Cycle - get your first 10 minutes IN - then hit it hard for 10 second bursts - followed by recuperative peddling 30 - 40 seconds.

- You don't have to kill yourself here - I am laying out a beginning scenario for this type of exercise and barring any heart trouble you will be able to accomplish this.

After 2 cycles of this you will get a pump in your legs and throughout your body - fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers are warming up! that 40 second period of recuperative peddling is washing away lactic acid that burns your legs.

- you may want to steady peddle for a couple of (2) minutes - but then hit it hard AGAIN.

-The 10 second HIT will seem much easier this time around - do the second 10 second interval followed by the same 30 - 40 second recuperative peddling.

4 times total during your 30 minute workout. I'd like to know how it felt/worked afterwards.
- It's an accomplishment you should feel afterwards.

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF

Hard to drop pounds while living in NYC, too many great places to eat. :)

I lost 60 pounds a few years back and kept them off.
Lost another 15 this summer, lets see if I keep them off during Holidays. :lol:

TurboBlew

BAMF+
Website
www.youfuckmyleftovers.com
I like the psuedo fast thing Stuman mentioned...
maybe some protein for breakfast
keep the carbs low
no eating after 5pm.
other than those basic rules... if you do eat, keep it clean!

Also roadczar makes an interesting point... most people I see in the morning have a 24 oz+ coffee loaded with sugar or flavor syrup. Whats the calorie count on something like that? Could be near 900 calories!
Now anyone thats been to an epic LAB party knows... coffee is only served black! No candy coffee served here - Dino

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

Good stuff!

Let's add some basic fitness goals too?

Like pushups now vs April.

I'm way out of shape the last few years, 25 pushups now.
Want to get to 50 by April.
If I don't make it then shots are on me!

roadczar

BAMF
Website
www.roadczar.com
My last workout was sets of 70, 60, 50 pushups and 25 pullups. Been trying to get to 100 and 30 for the last few years, but no cigar. At my age it may be a lost cause.

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

25 pullups is some shit. Wow.

Billy V

BAMF
Another one in the books... Done for the day.

For you guys that are serious about doing this diet, cardio, fell better goodness for you thing I want to make a suggestion.
- Go look on CraigsList right now and find yourself an old Schwinn Airdyne.
These machines are no joke, and built like a brick shithouse.
I picked this one up a few/several years ago for $150 - it is about 30 years old and is more effective than anything out there today - sans for a few HD machines - or the New Version - Air Assault Bike (which I have as well)
I'm pushing you a little here - just do it!
The seat is more comfortable than any other bike in existence, so if you are a big guy no worries.

Highside

BAMF
You can put me in for 20 pounds. I'd like to fit comfortably in my old Vansons.... if I ever get a chance to use them again. I can't wait to see all of you again. I wonder if we will even recognize each other... 20 years is a long time.

pimpslayer

BAMF+
I had already gone on a diet regime back in July/Aug. My wife wanted to lose a few pounds, so we joined a local T.O.P.S. club. It's nationwide. It has been around for over 60 years. One weekly meeting and weigh-in, and a quick class on dietary information.

The nice thing is...no crazy food requirements, no need to buy anything special in the way of food. Just do what you have to do that works for you. I still eat 3 meals a day, I just eat half of what I normally would.

I joined to support my wife and help her, which is crazy. She's been the Registered Dietician for 40 years, she knows what to do. I just need to be there to keep her on track. And it's working, she's lost more than me so far! Over 22 to my 13.5 (as of last night). I'll keep at it until I'm back down to 170-175. I was 197.5 last night, which isn't bad on my 5'11" frame. I want to lose a pound or a pound and a half every week...slower it comes off...the longer it stays off.

DaCat

BAMF
You can put me in for 20 pounds. I'd like to fit comfortably in my old Vansons.... if I ever get a chance to use them again. I can't wait to see all of you again. I wonder if we will even recognize each other... 20 years is a long time.
I doubt anyone would forget you... as for the rest of the old farts, who cares :p :lol:

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

Yay FFU has a chick member! hahah

Can someone come up with an extremely, extremely basic workout plan?
Like just the four most basic muscle core exercises someone can do at home.
And the four most basic core stretches.
Something mega simple just to get as many folks as possible on the same plan, for someone who would only diet but the workout is so simple they may say fuggit and try that too.

Like pushups + pullups + curling milk jugs + squats?
Just as an example.
And then toe touches, something to stretch back muscles (for the old folks), etc.

Drakhen

BAMF

Something mega simple just to get as many folks as possible on the same plan, for someone who would only diet but the workout is so simple they may say fuggit and try that too.

Just as an example.
And then toe touches, something to stretch back muscles (for the old folks), etc.
https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a19547311/spartacus/

Pretty basic, but you'll have to figure out the stretches yourself. This can definitely be done at home with a very minimum of equipment, and, done properly and combined with a half decent diet, will contribute to rapid weight loss while getting in better condition. I've done it in years past, and dropped from 215 to 190 (I'm 6'2") in about four months.

I might have to go back and do this workout some. I had a couple years where I really slacked off, and now I'm back in the FFU category...

BilletMan

BAMF+

Just as an example.
Lifting weights ain't the solution. Cardio, cardio, cardio.....burn that shit off thru SWEAT! You fucker, I invited you to join me at the Austin Half Marathon a long time ago, right after you moved to Austin. There some trim women hanging around wearing scant tight running shorts and little jog bra....you liked the idea until I told you to meet me down there at 6am....HAA!! Go run a 5k....then work up to a 10k, then keep training and go knock out a half marathon....You'll be a fit motherfucker about then! THEN pick up the muscle toning....Tons of cardio...

Top Bottom