Fastrak Violation, Toll Evasion, FU Calfornia Freeways

Dam they "Calif" are making almost every roadway or major Freeway where I drive into a Toll way or Fastrak roadway which includes motorcycles have to get a FASTrak device for using certain express lanes.

I got a Notice of Toll Evasion in the mail for $26, normally if using the toll lane it's a dollar.

I got lucky and I signed up for Fastrak and if you back date the sign up date for certain vehicle that you put into their system they will waive the $25 fine and just charge me $1.

If you live in California and get a Fastrak you can use it up to 5 vehicles on that one tracker.

I was driving home from Fremont area with my new motorcycle on my truck and was wondering why traffic was not using the fast lane than I seen a sign Fastrak lane so I moved over to the next lane over so I would not get a ticket or fine but some camera from a overpass in Fremont must have gotten a picture of my truck with my new motorcycle in the cargo bay.

Last edited:
OP
Cisco San Jose
Even the roadways in San Francisco and major cities such as San Jose, Cupertino, Sunnyvale and more are putting in bicycle lanes and removing a car lane.

Problem is now it's creating more traffic and I figure the vehicles pay more in taxes to use the roadway than bicycles why take away a lane for the vehicles.

OP
Cisco San Jose
What new bike? Fuck the toll bullshit....tell us about the bike☺
secret project, will have BST wheels, port polish head, and go like stink. Pictures to come when done, have all the parts just need time to update the project, remove all the oem parts and install all the go fast parts

Bandit Man

BAMF
Even the roadways in San Francisco and major cities such as San Jose, Cupertino, Sunnyvale and more are putting in bicycle lanes and removing a car lane.

Problem is now it's creating more traffic and I figure the vehicles pay more in taxes to use the roadway than bicycles why take away a lane for the vehicles.
Just another step in getting people on Busses.

Drakhen

BAMF

They had started doing the same shit in Portland before I moved. "Road diets" they called it. Remove a car lane or turn lane, if there was one, add bike lines, and then lower the speed limit. So fucking what if it makes already shitty car traffic even worse: it's "safer" for pedestrians who don't look before crossing and for bicyclists who give zero fucks about paying attention or following any rules.

Bandit Man

BAMF
Isn’t more use of public transport in major cities a good idea to ease traffic congestion?

That’s how we see it in Europe.
In major cities, yes. But the issue in a lot of big cities here is they are so spread out that a bus would take 2-3 hours to travel to a destination that is only a 15 minute car ride.

And a lot of people don't live close to a destination they need to travel to.

The public transportation is horrible here. Most cities don't have a rail system like NY and Chicago, the busses are slow and very limited on where they go.

It's like the issues with the electric cars, they should get the systems in place before they cripple the people, the old putting the horse before the cart comes to mind.

Bandit Man

BAMF
They had started doing the same shit in Portland before I moved. "Road diets" they called it. Remove a car lane or turn lane, if there was one, add bike lines, and then lower the speed limit. So fucking what if it makes already shitty car traffic even worse: it's "safer" for pedestrians who don't look before crossing and for bicyclists who give zero fucks about paying attention or following any rules.
Yeah, it's happening everywhere. The mayor of L.A. was out riding his bike and got tagged by a car so the started chopping lanes and making bike lanes everywhere. He probably got hit because of his policies or riding like a twat like most bicyclists on the road.

If they are going to be giving them so much of the road that they have taxed car drivers to build then the bikes should have some sort of registration fee and a way to ticket them when they don't think they have to follow any rules for the road.

hedgehog

BAMF
In major cities, yes. But the issue in a lot of big cities here is they are so spread out that a bus would take 2-3 hours to travel to a destination that is only a 15 minute car ride.

The public transportation is horrible here. Most cities don't have a rail system like NY and Chicago, the busses are slow and very limited on where they go.

It's like the issues with the electric cars, they should get the systems in place before they cripple the people, the old putting the horse before the cart comes to mind.
Yeah, we’ve had the infrastructure in place for decades now (in some countries more than 100 years) for underground rail networks servicing the cities, and regular bus routes with their own exclusive (well, busses and taxis) lanes.

Because I fucking hate driving in Madrid, I normally park on the outskirts and take a bus or the metro where i’m going.

Just for what I don’t pay for city center parking more than covers the cost of public transport there.

scottcolbath

BAMF+

Same with Phoenix. Try getting across town (Just Phoenix) in under an hour on the bus. And the people that typically ride the bus are not folks you really want to be hanging around.

S.C.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
If they are going to be giving them so much of the road that they have taxed car drivers to build then the bikes should have some sort of registration fee and a way to ticket them when they don't think they have to follow any rules for the road.
nope. They will add to the gas tax and then when they make ICE illegal they will Jack up the electricity prices

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Isn’t more use of public transport in major cities a good idea to ease traffic congestion?

That’s how we see it in Europe.

In the 80s there where many areas in NYC you could park a motorcycle.. these non official spots starting disappearing the 90s and finding a legal place you could park a motorcycle in became near impossible .. so people stopped commenting by scooter or motorcycle....

Nyc Also took away traffic lanes and created bike lanes.. sure there is bicycle use in the WARMER months. But November through the end of March no one uses the bike lanes... yet traffic is dead stopped...

Now they are coming up with peak traffic charges..if you enter midtown to down town you will be charged 23 dollars a day. .. so deliveries, and going to a hospital as well as going to work everyday just became more expensive

The transit system MUST be subsidized because a one was trip will coast $9.25 a ride not the $2.75 a ride the charge ... so they increase tolls on roads to pay for the transit system in stead of just increasing the train fair.

It's a very backwards system they have as they try to adopt European systems that will not work here..

rumble phish

BAMF+
Just another step in getting people on Busses.
And making up for the loss is gasoline tax revenue, and tracking your every movement.

California will eventually go to a "per mile" tax when registering your vehicle. Or maybe it'll just be a toll device/camera every 1/4 mile, like they do now with the "express" lanes in the bay area.

rumble phish

BAMF+
So subjects of the PRK vote left, then complain about the results...and continue to vote left, to see if that will make it better...
That's about the gist of it. But remember, there are a lot of us who DO NOT vote left, nor do we agree with these ridiculous policies. On the contrary, there are a lot of us who are actively trying to change this States's idiotic government.

OP
Cisco San Jose
Follow the money. Commiefornia is after your money, plain and simple.
The money in Taxes is to support the illegals that live in California

Even my Mexican neighbors don't like the illegals coming in.

Talking to friends who have children the same age as my daughter, they say most of their kids have been brain washed into the Democrat ways of thinking, gender changes, gays, tree huggers and so on. Only the smart family members such as the up coming Asians and India kids have their parents send them to private schools or at lease in Santa Clara Cupertino area to great schools out here and try to avoid the San Jose school districts.

You be surprise how many Asians are Republicans, it's just that when you brain wash the people into thinking you are going to get free stuff they will vote for the party that gives them those free stuff.

rumble phish

BAMF+
The money in Taxes is to support the illegals that live in California

Even my Mexican neighbors don't like the illegals coming in.

Talking to friends who have children the same age as my daughter, they say most of their kids have been brain washed into the Democrat ways of thinking, gender changes, gays, tree huggers and so on. Only the smart family members such as the up coming Asians and India kids have their parents send them to private schools or at lease in Santa Clara Cupertino area to great schools out here and try to avoid the San Jose school districts.

You be surprise how many Asians are Republicans, it's just that when you brain wash the people into thinking you are going to get free stuff they will vote for the party that gives them those free stuff.
Young people don't have to be "brainwashed" to be uber liberal. That's how 90% of them are, naturally. At that age they just don't have any idea about how the world really is, and what it really takes. They're still living the mindset of "fairness" and "why can't we just be nice to each other" because they haven't been kicked in the balls by life and/or their government yet.

There's an old saying that has been incorrectly attributed to the likes of Mark Twain and George Bernard Shaw, but I don't think anyone can say with any certainty where it came from. But one thing can be certain, that it hits the nail on the head for 90% of folks out there.

"If you are young and conservative, you have no heart. If you are old and liberal, you have no brain."

bombaybusa

President, Club Pra
Website
bombaymotorsports.business.site
Cisco that’s so weird. I got the same ticket in the mail from the Bay Area and I was never there. The license plate was my wife’s electric bmw but the car in the picture was totally different.
I fought it online and told them there was some mistake on the license plate as it’s not my car.
They checked again and apologized as it was misread by them and dropped the charges. They said they would direct the ticket to the correct plate holder.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Among the last bills cleared up from our summer long trip were $14.50 reduced to $11 because I opened an account with whoever runs bridge tolls in Washington state, and $53 to EZPass Mass because the credit card replenishing the account changed.

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
I’m probably going to get pulled over for it at some point but when I travel around the country I usually have a motorcycle or pedal bike in the rear hitch carrier. So far so good with it blocking the plate so the readers can’t get me.

Also, Michigan doesn’t require a front plate so good on that also

rumble phish

BAMF+
I’m probably going to get pulled over for it at some point but when I travel around the country I usually have a motorcycle or pedal bike in the rear hitch carrier. So far so good with it blocking the plate so the readers can’t get me.

Also, Michigan doesn’t require a front plate so good on that also
Haha! This is what happened when I took the Busa out to Sonoma Raceway on a trailer. My trailer didn't have the plate on it, just a temp tag that was too small for the camera to pick up. between the trailer and the Busa in it, the camera couldn't see the plate of my van when I went across the Benicia bridge in the FasTrak lane.

Unfortunately, karma caught up with me when I binned it at the track. 😳😒

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Couple tymes a year I get a toll violation fine from Miami or Tampa with my scooters license plate number. The picture always shows a black SUV. So I get to deal with that. You'd think they could use better cameras or software.

OP
Cisco San Jose
Fastrak in the house , looks like you can set it up for 1person,2 people or 3 or more in your vehicle that’s so there’s different charging rates.

• Red
Reactions: Red

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
There are two lanes for carpool. If you're between those two lanes you don't trigger the cameras
I've sometimes wondered about this.
But then every time I see a toll violation picture, you can see to the left & right of the car.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
It's a very backwards system they have as they try to adopt European systems that will not work here..
the MTAs annual bidget is 12 billion dollars... that would require ~33 miilion dollars a day worth of fares... or $4 a day from every resident regardless if they ride or not.

Top Bottom