Extinct animals and cloning

shotlady

With a Damn Nice Rack
Extinct animals and cloning. should it be done? ethically speaking since we wiped them out, do we owe it to the species to revive it? would the ecosystem even be able to support this animal for it to live a beautiful wild natural life?? you know them bitches will keep it caged to "observe". would we then while it is caged or limited to a reserve or something change the nature of this animal to behave in a way that is unnatural for the species?

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Rich people are going to have genetically engineered animals as pets.
Horses with alligator tails.
Cats with chicken heads.
Dogs with bright red baboon asses.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Extinct animals and cloning. should it be done? ethically speaking since we wiped them out, do we owe it to the species to revive it? would the ecosystem even be able to support this animal for it to live a beautiful wild natural life?? you know them bitches will keep it caged to "observe". would we then while it is caged or limited to a reserve or something change the nature of this animal to behave in a way that is unnatural for the species?
No.

Ren

BAM
Website
www.fortunecity.com
I would think no, why would we bring back a failing species. If it went extinct there were some sort of extenuating reasons besides humans literally physically killing every last one of them. (With the one caveat in regards to large land mammals, like some species of Rhino's) Such as the fact it wasn't able to adapt to a changing environment. Many animals have adapted and evolved to deal with humans. More species of animals have become extinct on this planet than humans can count and that's only trying to count the ones before humans were even around. Humans are not responsible for all animals that are going extinct or endangered even today. Take for example the spotted owl which is actually being out competed by the Barred Owl, but all the environmentalists would have you think it's 100% endangered due to humans and logging. When in actuality it just can't compete and even if humans no longer existed on this planet it would still go extinct, due to the Barred Owl being the more adaptable species and taking over that particular ecological niche. So as a zoo or museum piece for display sure maybe bring back a species or few, but as something to reintroduce into the wild absolutely not.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
What mother nature takes out of the picture, should stay out of the picture.
Bringing it back is just asking for trouble.

Some people might even say disease and the common flu are natures way of weeding out what she doesn't want and humanity might be better off in the long run for it.

Can't say I haven't occasionally thought about collecting some of my dogs DNA in case I ever change my mind about the idea of having him cloned.
I'm sure it'll end up like some bizarre Stephen King experiment.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Here, wrap you head around this one..

I think we're gonna see those walking the earth again before we die..

And what's astonishing is that they are doing it for environmental purposes.

lanta

BAMF
What mother nature takes out of the picture, should stay out of the picture.
Bringing it back is just asking for trouble.

Some people might even say disease and the common flu are natures way of weeding out what she doesn't want and humanity might be better off in the long run for it.

Can't say I haven't occasionally thought about collecting some of my dogs DNA in case I ever change my mind about the idea of having him cloned.
I'm sure it'll end up like some bizarre Stephen King experiment.

• Red
Reactions: Red
Top Bottom