Ever Had A Heart Attack?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
We have two BP cuffs at the house, one for me, and one for the wife. Hers sat unused for ten years in the box, she's using it now.
I had a test awhile back where they had cuffs on both ankles and arms.

Vegas12

BAMF+
too late... Ive already got dibs ahead of you. Ill give you the payment book though

8 minutes says you're mistaken....and once that bad boy is loaded on my trailer and thousands of miles away, no payment book is necessary!!

All kidding aside....VC, stop acting like you're a tough guy; +-50 post are kicking you in the ass to go get looked at.

Mr Lucky

The Voice Of Reason...
Right, all you fukken knownitall gobshites have had your yap, its about time someone who knows what they are talking about gave some decent advice to this poor man instead of sending him into a wild panic.

As you all know i am pretty much an expert on all subjects and i am as near as dammit a medical doctor in all but title.

So, VC, pay attention.

STOP BEING A FUKKEN ATTENTION SEEKING CRYBABY AND STFU!

Yeah ah sed it. We're all tired of your shit already.There is nothing wrong with you. At all. Your symptoms are psychosomatic (thats french for 'all in your head', stop me if i use too many doctor words, or buy a medical dictionary, you ignant fuck! I did, that is how i know Hagrid has syphilis of the tits).

Anyway enough about that fat tumbleweed, back to my expert diagnosis of your condition.
Those pains you think you are experiencing but aren't is your body's way of telling you to man the fuck up and stop being a fukken lezzer.

Stop worrying about this so called 'chest pain'. Its all in your head and is brought about by your insistence on masturbating like a fevered chimp at every opportunity. News flash, people do not want to experience your 'sex geyser' while they are trying on shoes, filling their car with fuel or testing the ripness of legumes in the vegetable aisle. No one wants to struggle up to the counter of their local grocery store, weighed down with their weekly stock of comestables, to find you hunched double on the stool behind checkout, pumping your fist. Keep your disgusting onenism where it belongs, behind the closed doors of your own home. And stay away from the windows or at least close the blinds, you filthy pig.

And stop bothering the hospitals, they have got real medical stuff to deal with and don't have the time to spare on your hand-wringing faggery. Just drink some vodka-redbull and stop your incesant whining already, jeeez.

That'll be 200 bucks...

Last edited:

RobBase

Flippin Swiss fan of Tay-Tay
Vicious, I always wanted a Takeuchi mini-ex, but since you bought a shitty Kubota, there's nothing for me to try to put a claim on, therefore, you'll be fine......................after you get checked out.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
I have all kinds of problems with my pancreas, acid reflux, and so on. I quit booze a few months ago but kept going hard with the 3-a-day energy drink habit until a few days ago. I don't want to pay for the full heart attack program if it's acid reflux, or energy drinks fucking with me. Figured I'd give it a few days to heal.
There's no guarantee I'll come out of the hospital in better shape than I go in regardless of the problem.
Right or wrong, I made up my mind that tomorrow is the day I bite the bullet and open my wallet to the hospital system, whether I need to or not. Now I just gotta live that long. 🤷‍♂️.
the 3 a day energy drink routine gives me concern. One because the caffeine can fuck up your sleep cycle which seems to be a common theme amongst adults. I was drinking a whole fucking pot of coffee to try to counter a sleep deficit which a hour or 3 daily adds up to alot of missed recovery time. Biggest issue was mental clarity & motivation... which isnt much with me anyways. I have noticed a much better memory recall since averaging ~7hrs of sleep a night.

OP
Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
What a fucked up day! Although it could have been much worse, obviously.

Sat through a couple conference calls this morning, chest pains returned, so the wife drove me to the ER a half hour away. They checked blood pressure, etc. and did an EKG. Told me to go wait in the lobby until they can take me back for imaging.
While I was in the lobby I heard an ambulance roll in. Couple minutes later they called a Code Red in the ER over the PA system. Little while later, I'm still waiting in the fucking lobby, and they put out a call over the PA for the chaplain.

I know they are busy and some people are having a much shittier day than I am. But I'm sitting in a lobby jammed full of fucking sick people. One guy is standing up, hunched over a counter and moaning out loud in obvious pain. People are coughing all over each other. Everyone including me has a goddamned mask on... the whole scene sucks.

Finally, after three fucking hours in the lobby, I went to the front desk and asked if there was a plan. Two people went into the back and stared at a computer monitor for a minute, then came back and told me the doctor has ordered imaging and blood work, but they are waiting for a room to become available for me. I asked when they would have a room, but they couldn't say.

So I went home. 🤷‍♂️

On the way home, I called my doctor's office and told the receptionist what was going on, and asked if my doctor could just order some outpatient imaging or blood tests, or whatever the fuck else. She insisted I turn around and go back to the ER. Told her it ain't gonna happen.

Long story a little shorter longer, I went in and saw the doctor. She did an EKG and compared it to the one I had earlier in the day, and she said they both look fine, and they both look the same. If I was having a heart attack, the EKGs would be all over the place and wouldn't match, or so I am told. So I gave two vials of blood to the lab, and I have to schedule an upper endoscopy that I failed to schedule 2 months ago when it was suggested. My doctor believes I have a major malfunction in my esophagus. Now I am doing web searches for esophageal cancer. :neutral:

Mr Lucky

The Voice Of Reason...

Sat through a couple conference calls this morning, chest pains returned, so the wife drove me to the ER a half hour away. They checked blood pressure, etc. and did an EKG. Told me to go wait in the lobby until they can take me back for imaging.
While I was in the lobby I heard an ambulance roll in. Couple minutes later they called a Code Red in the ER over the PA system. Little while later, I'm still waiting in the fucking lobby, and they put out a call over the PA for the chaplain.

I know they are busy and some people are having a much shittier day than I am. But I'm sitting in a lobby jammed full of fucking sick people. One guy is standing up, hunched over a counter and moaning out loud in obvious pain. People are coughing all over each other. Everyone including me has a goddamned mask on... the whole scene sucks.

Finally, after three fucking hours in the lobby, I went to the front desk and asked if there was a plan. Two people went into the back and stared at a computer monitor for a minute, then came back and told me the doctor has ordered imaging and blood work, but they are waiting for a room to become available for me. I asked when they would have a room, but they couldn't say.

So I went home. 🤷‍♂️

On the way home, I called my doctor's office and told the receptionist what was going on, and asked if my doctor could just order some outpatient imaging or blood tests, or whatever the fuck else. She insisted I turn around and go back to the ER. Told her it ain't gonna happen.

Long story a little shorter longer, I went in and saw the doctor. She did an EKG and compared it to the one I had earlier in the day, and she said they both look fine, and they both look the same. If I was having a heart attack, the EKGs would be all over the place and wouldn't match, or so I am told. So I gave two vials of blood to the lab, and I have to schedule an upper endoscopy that I failed to schedule 2 months ago when it was suggested. My doctor believes I have a major malfunction in my esophagus. Now I am doing web searches for esophageal cancer. :neutral:

Told you. Fuck-all wrong with you, you malingering spong-minkey.

Cough up my 200 fukken bucks...

scottcolbath

BAMF+

So I went home. 🤷‍♂️

I'm glad you did something. Hope it's not cancer. Don't get too wrapped up in that just yet.

S.C.

Rocco

BAMF
Now I am doing web searches for esophageal cancer. :neutral:

Don't even go there. Why worry about what will most likely turn out to be minor. I held back from saying anything until now, not wanting to influence your decision on going to the ER. I myself had 2 emergency room visits in the past 2 years for chest pain, arm pain, shoulder pain, all at the same time and being really screwed up to the point of fearing heart attack. The first time the EKG's and Tropolin were good and I got bounced . A year later I was back with the same symptoms and they duplicated the regimen, plus did an Angio. The heart checked out as OK. I have mild acid reflux and sometimes my Esophagus gets inflamed ( I take Pantoprazole ) and that was probably it . I thought your situation was probably the same as mine by your description. The Esophagus is close to the heart and a swelled Esophagus presses against your organs and will do all kinds of weird shit, like chest pain, arm pain, torso pain. Did your swallowing change at all ?, that would be a indication. I had a gastro Doc tell me the Esophagus can even twist if they get going good enough. So chill a bit and keep looking for the best, not the worst

-

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
I was on a full pot of coffee in the morning, and a couple of 16oz energy drinks in the afternoon. Then I started having chest pains a couple times a month.

Doc scoped me (camera down the throat), and told me I was suffering from Severe Stomach Erosion. Hope you have something less intense.

Now I drink a small pot of Cold Brew coffee every day (less acid), and only use an energy drink once or twice a month.

I also take a couple of Omeprazole pills every day (acid blocker).

I do miss my Rip-Its...

Anal Disco

"Disco, Anal Disco"
Yikes 3 hours, you're more patient than I am. I was in the ER on friday with my ex who was in a car accident and needed to get some xrays. What a crowd. One chick was having a loud conversation on the phone, talking about how the cops found her brother on the roof of McDonalds and is waiting to get in to see him. Another dude strolls in, gets registered, starts talking to these two girls who were clearly not interested in talking to him, but he wouldn't shut up about his street life. He eventually walked off into the night after getting nowhere. Weird crowd.

Presumably they ran a troponin, that will be key. You can have no EKG changes but still have a heart attack, albeit a small(er) one, if the trops come back positive. But seems the doctor is confident it's not cardiac related.

Anyway, keep the thread updated. Good luck.

OP
Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

This is my favorite non-alcoholic drink. I drank 3 a day up until last week.
I've had reflux problems for ages (somehow related to my asthma, apparently).
I had sleep problems when I wasn't drinking energy drinks. I slept shitty, woke up exhausted, so I started pounding a few energy drinks to get my head straight and solve a couple other issues... plus, I really like them.

(12 Cans) Rockstar Recovery Energy Drink, Lemonade, 16 fl oz - Walmart.com

OP
Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

Don't even go there. Why worry about what will most likely turn out to be minor. I held back from saying anything until now, not wanting to influence your decision on going to the ER. I myself had 2 emergency room visits in the past 2 years for chest pain, arm pain, shoulder pain, all at the same time and being really screwed up to the point of fearing heart attack. The first time the EKG's and Tropolin were good and I got bounced . A year later I was back with the same symptoms and they duplicated the regimen, plus did an Angio. The heart checked out as OK. I have mild acid reflux and sometimes my Esophagus gets inflamed ( I take Pantoprazole ) and that was probably it . I thought your situation was probably the same as mine by your description. The Esophagus is close to the heart and a swelled Esophagus presses against your organs and will do all kinds of weird shit, like chest pain, arm pain, torso pain. Did your swallowing change at all ?, that would be a indication. I had a gastro Doc tell me the Esophagus can even twist if they get going good enough. So chill a bit and keep looking for the best, not the worst
Thanks for that. I've been taking Pantoprazole too for my acid reflux. Today the doctor told me to up it to twice a day until further notice.

Rocco

BAMF
Thanks for that. I've been taking Pantoprazole too for my acid reflux. Today the doctor told me to up it to twice a day until further notice.
I do 20 mg of Pantoprazole twice a day, no matter the level of re-flux. I also bought an electric bed and keep the head elevated at night. If you sleep with your head placed 27 degrees above your legs, and you have a Hiatal hernia like me, it will keep the acid surges from coming up to your throat or spilling into your lungs and triggering Asthma type symptoms. Before I got the bed, I had acid surges that even went up the back of my nose. If you want something that burns like a fuck, try stomach acid in the nasal cavity. I wonder too by your descriptions if you also have sleep Apnea which will aggravate re-flux.

OP
Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

There is a reason Chest Pain complaints go to the front of the line at the ER
That's old school.
You know what they do now when you go into the ER with chest pains? THEY TELL YOU TO GO SIT IN THE FUCKING LOBBY!
I just got back from the ER... second time in 9 days, both times for chest pain. Today's visit was during active chest pains. I was leaning against the wall barely able to stand up because the pain was so bad. Clutching my chest. The lobby was FULL. The ONLY fucking medical evaluation that happened in the hour or so I was there, happened when I walked in the entrance and a machine took my temperature. After that, not a goddamned thing.

Maybe Grandpa Shit For Brains and the libturds should fire some more medical workers, eh? Seems to be working out really well.
I told my wife she should sue the living shit out of the hospital system if I die of a heart attack after all this. She's like, "how's that gonna work, when you keep walking out of the place?"
I said, "Good point, but at home at least I can hear the TV. And besides I don't see how sitting in a lobby full of sick people helps anything." She suggested that I'd be better off having a heart attack at the hospital than at home. I replied that I've either had 25 heart attacks in the past week and a half, or none.

So, what the fuck is a guy to do? 🤷‍♂️
Now is not the time to get sick or injured, my bruthas!
And if you do, stay home and rub some dirt on it. Then send $200 to Mr Lucky.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
That's old school.
You know what they do now when you go into the ER with chest pains? THEY TELL YOU TO GO SIT IN THE FUCKING LOBBY!
I just got back from the ER... second time in 9 days, both times for chest pain. Today's visit was during active chest pains. I was leaning against the wall barely able to stand up because the pain was so bad. Clutching my chest. The lobby was FULL. The ONLY fucking medical evaluation that happened in the hour or so I was there, happened when I walked in the entrance and a machine took my temperature. After that, not a goddamned thing.

Maybe Grandpa Shit For Brains and the libturds should fire some more medical workers, eh? Seems to be working out really well.
I told my wife she should sue the living shit out of the hospital system if I die of a heart attack after all this. She's like, "how's that gonna work, when you keep walking out of the place?"
I said, "Good point, but at home at least I can hear the TV. And besides I don't see how sitting in a lobby full of sick people helps anything." She suggested that I'd be better off having a heart attack at the hospital than at home. I replied that I've either had 25 heart attacks in the past week and a half, or none.

Does he take PayPal?

Terry_Schiavo

ride in an ambo... guaranteed VIP like treatment. Of course you'll get VIP type bills... let insurance sort it out!
Tell them youre on Obama Kare!!! :D

Terry_Schiavo

By the way, I will not be making any wisecracks about the Canadian healthcare system until further notice. What a fucking shithole our country has turned into... :screama::fu:.
well to be fair if you walked into the Mayo ER... they would take you right in!!! You have a friend that lives about 2 miles from the campus!! :D

OP
Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

ride in an ambo...
It's not out of the question.
The question is where do I have them take me? The titty bar? The fucking lobby at the hospital?
well to be fair if you walked into the Mayo ER... they would take you right in!!! You have a friend that lives about 2 miles from the campus!! :D
Oh that's it- I'll ask the ambulance driver to take me to the Mayo Clinic! I'll keep a roll of hundreds in my pocket for fuel money!

BigGar

high on placebo
I've gone to not the closest ER to my house to avoid a long wait, but I'm still surprised they don't get a chest pain right in. Call yourself an ambulance next time, wait it out, or drive an extra half hour to a less crowded venue. I'd do ambulance though.

OP
Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

I've gone to not the closest ER to my house to avoid a long wait, but I'm still surprised they don't get a chest pain right in. Call yourself an ambulance next time, wait it out, or drive an extra half hour to a less crowded venue. I'd do ambulance though.
I went to one almost a half hour away the first time. Today, the wife was taking me home from the endoscopy center when the pain flared up. We were damn near right in front of a different hospital. I hesitated to go in, but the wife was just about in tears because she's afraid she is going to wake up next to a corpse any day, now. So, I rolled with it.
BTW, the endoscopy found no major problems. Reflux, but no damage. They gave me a list of what not to eat or drink. It's all stuff that I already wasn't eating or drinking. The doctor was a complete dick to me because I don't want to get a bullshit vaccine for a bullshit pandemic.

Top Bottom