Electric bikes

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
One of my favorite quotes is that life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% what you do with it.
Charles Swindoll

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
I want an EBike for my backyard only. I hate hiking back up my damn hill. Most trails in Michigan are not Ebike friendly. Most that show up with one aren’t hassled though. All the stupid people that say an Ebike rider will destroy the trail or run other riders over are idiot Strava dummies that want to protect their KOM record lol. That Specialized Qwik posted is the one I want. The Canyon I have currently works good for my downhill rides and my Giant is for pedaling. $2400 total with lucky buys from buddies. If it wasn’t for me just buying a brand new KTM I probably would sell both bikes and level up to that Ebike. Not ready yet

A01BD7DF-F4DD-457C-961A-501CE0FA4AE0.jpeg

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
I’ve looked at em also but I’m afraid I’ll abandon my traditional mountain bike that I need to be using for exercise…..so it’s a no go for me.
The last motor driven bike I owned was a sting ray with a Briggs and Stratton gas engine cobbed on to it that I used for my paper route.…in the 60’s :oldman1:
The pro riders that use Ebikes still get the workout they want. They are just able to get after it longer instead of bonking after a few rips

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Exactly.. I look forward to the FAST E bikes that will be coming.
I would imagine per bikefrk's suggested mental imagine of a supermoto version, that the mountain bikes could be fitted with a stickier road tire. The electric drive adds a new dimension possibly.

I personally don't see a version like that in my future as much as I see an e-mountain bike...which is getting closer every time I open this thread.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
I want an EBike for my backyard only. I hate hiking back up my damn hill. Most trails in Michigan are not Ebike friendly. Most that show up with one aren’t hassled though. All the stupid people that say an Ebike rider will destroy the trail or run other riders over are idiot Strava dummies that want to protect their KOM record lol. That Specialized Qwik posted is the one I want. The Canyon I have currently works good for my downhill rides and my Giant is for pedaling. $2400 total with lucky buys from buddies.
that is lucky...lol
Funny about KOMs... those are strava bitches. Nobody takes that shit serious except if you crack one and the 2nd place comes out and promptly beats it. and it goes back & forth. There is a segment by my house the roadies always fight over... so one day I put a wheel speed sensor on along with my HR monitor... taped my garmin on and off I went at a 33mph avg speed with 55 bpm HR...lmao

Sunday we went to a spot that has a 19 mile paved greenway coursing around a small town and surrounding landmarks, off the paved belt are several well maintained mtb trails, so you can rip asphalt for a little while then dip onto the trails and so on.
Well we did both and were there about 3 hours from unloading to leaving and I came back with 72% battery left, down from a full charge. That’s using “e-mtb” mode which is an automatic mode that senses pedal pressure and gives you the commensurate amount of assist, full power when your cranking and low when your cruising, for me personally I rarely take it out of this mode. On the bosch motor you have, eco, tour, e-mtb and turbo, in that order.

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
I would imagine per bikefrk's suggested mental imagine of a supermoto version, that the mountain bikes could be fitted with a stickier road tire. The electric drive adds a new dimension possibly.

I personally don't see a version like that in my future as much as I see an e-mountain bike...which is getting closer every time I open this thread.
This is what I’m talking about. Would be great to ride in my local city. I used to do it on my gas supermotos but there are some spots I couldn’t take those loud bitches

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
A full on throttle style Ebike would be fun for urban ripping. I would leave the trail tires on even though some sticky tires sound fun. We blast the city on the downhill bikes just having fun and hitting trails and downhills

7656E8EE-2A1A-4624-9152-88BF6D6CFB57.jpeg

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
Here is one line down my backyard trail. It is a tenth of a mile with almost 100’ of drop. Downhill is the best. No pedaling lol

LuxPride

BAMF
I was looking into this for a while. It's actually gone up in price $500, it's now $4100 from $3600.

It's basically a small e-moto with the option to add a crank and pedals when you want it. It's also not 10g's
You can Cisco it and get 80mph if you wanna tinker with the internals.

This guys first ride:

Some other Brits hooning about:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...skip to the last one, the Kuberg Ranger, if you are, like, not thirsting for knowledge n' shit...

• Red
Reactions: Red
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
72% battery left, down from a full charge. That’s using “e-mtb” mode which is an automatic mode........... personally I rarely take it out of this mode.
this is on the Yamaha ebike?

Terry_Schiavo

Only issue with the Yamaha is they didn't go high end on the components
in the MTB biz the frames tend to be the same on similar construction materials (alloys vs carbon) and the component group is cheaper to get to each price point. The Sur ron/ segway has 19" wheels... which doesnt have the best tire selection vs a 27.5 or 29er wheel.

Terry_Schiavo

So you are one of those Strava dickheads?
nah I just ride for fun... dont give 2 fucks about "virtual" awards or rankings. If I wanted to prove I was fast... Id be entering pro level races where you can actually make a lil bit of loot not paying $60/yr for strava premium like some assholds concerned about their ranking. Even the fellas that are atop the leader boards dont give a fuck...lol Its the ankle biters below that are the problem. There are a few professional cyclists that share ride data every so often... part of their sponsorship deal. The rest of the humps wanting to know where they rank... are the target audience.
The irony of strava is the original developer of the app got killed chasing a KOM in San Fran. Then his parents initiated a lawsuit wanting dangerous segments flagged or banned...lol
Also a funny trick... go in the settings and change your Gender...lmao. Watch the crying really start. Of course if you want to QOM thats your biz...lmao

But as a "free" app its pretty handy for ride recording, bike maintenance & equipment tracking. In my head Im thinking oh my drivetrain has plenty of life then I look at the last time I replaced the cassette & chain... 1100 miles ago. Whoops. Its my road bike that only has a few hundred on it.

BigBusa

BAMF+
The only thing that sucks about all these "E-things" are the batteries. As fun as they are, I hate buying rechargeable toys. They're all bound for the landfill because of the batteries. Look at used teslas.. $15k for a new battery... if you can even find one and labor to install it?! Fuck that. Look at anything "solar" that you bought. How long did it last. I do not buy solar powered anything anymore.

Maui, I see you doing something different. Bikes are old hat. For under $4k, get yourself a veteran sherman Electric Unicycle. 120+ miles per charge (think about that for a minute. 120 miles!). 52 mph. Unique. Stand out from the crowd. Electric bikes are for old, out of shape guys. Is that you?

info

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
The only thing that sucks about all these "E-things" are the batteries. As fun as they are, I hate buying rechargeable toys. They're all bound for the landfill because of the batteries. Look at used teslas.. $15k for a new battery... if you can even find one and labor to install it?! Fuck that. Look at anything "solar" that you bought. How long did it last. I do not buy solar powered anything anymore.

Maui, I see you doing something different. Bikes are old hat. For under $4k, get yourself a veteran sherman Electric Unicycle. 120+ miles per charge (think about that for a minute. 120 miles!). 52 mph. Unique. Stand out from the crowd. Electric bikes are for old, out of shape guys. Is that you?

info
Here ya go Don..
FB_IMG_1627862499053.jpg

LE05BUSA

GFY
I was looking into this for a while. It's actually gone up in price $500, it's now $4100 from $3600.

It's basically a small e-moto with the option to add a crank and pedals when you want it. It's also not 10g's
You can Cisco it and get 80mph if you wanna tinker with the internals.

This guys first ride:

Some other Brits hooning about:
My buddy has a hopped up Sur-Ron X that he put motorcycle Takasago Excel rims on and a bunch of other stuff. It will do ~45 the way it's geared, which is plenty for tight single track.FB_IMG_1627863312828.jpg

BigBusa

BAMF+
I'm digging the rad runner plus. It's no performance bike (20mph class 2) but it is pretty stout and easily upgraded. The exercise factor is nice too! I just put it in PAS-5 and all of a sudden I'm exercising like superman... with pedal assist, pedaling a bike doesn't suck anymore.

I added a suspension seat post, new seat with LED light, front rack, dual drink holder also holds my boom2 BT speaker and a bunch of other goodies. Rear panniers are coming. I have a cycletote cargo trailer that some of you might remember from my newspaper delivery days back in Albany NY 20 years ago. It's going on this bike soon. I rode it to the liquor store today to grab two 1/2 gallons of Fris vodka. Much fun! With traffic, I think I made the trip quicker than if I took my car.

In Ga. 50cc and under mopeds do not have to be registered or insured BUT they can't be ridden on bike trails. I think a moped would be more fun but I like being able to go on the bike trails.

CycleToteSmallUtilityTrailer.jpg

Center console is on the way.

Last edited:

gsteve

BAMF+
I'm digging the rad runner plus. It's no performance bike (20mph class 2) but it is pretty stout and easily upgraded. The exercise factor is nice too! I just put it in PAS-5 and all of a sudden I'm exercising like superman... with pedal assist, pedaling a bike doesn't suck anymore.

I added a suspension seat post, new seat with LED light, front rack, dual drink holder also holds my boom2 BT speaker and a bunch of other goodies. Rear panniers are coming. I have a cycletote cargo trailer that some of you might remember from my newspaper delivery days back in Albany NY 20 years ago. It's going on this bike soon. I rode it to the liquor store today to grab two 1/2 gallons of Fris vodka. Much fun! With traffic, I think I made the trip quicker than if I took my car.

In Ga. 50cc and under mopeds do not have to be registered or insured BUT they can't be ridden on bike trails. I think a moped would be more fun but I like being able to go on the bike trails.

View attachment 76727View attachment 76728

View attachment 76726

Center console is on the way.
View attachment 76730
Thats what my buddies has and we rode around the resorts.... not a ton of cool factor but they sure were a great way to tour around.

Top Bottom