Drag race - Road Glide VS Ford Pick up

ZX11 Man

BAMF
While toodling through town today I happened to pull up behind a road glide at a stoplight, the other lane is a new Ford 4wd truck.

I assume these guys knew each other by the way they were carrying on.. I watched them race for 3 stop lights in a row and the Ford truck ran away from the harley, bad, every time.

The last stretch was about a mile or so, my Buick Encore (1.4L 150hp with no torque button) tops out at 125 mph, I could get around the harley, but I couldnt even get close to the truck! He gone!

Was pretty entertaining for me, the rest of you can just carry on...

OP

ZX11 Man

BAMF
Fords twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 is a blast to drive, it’s quite quick for a truck. The wife always has her foot in hers whilst sporting a big grin on her face.
A couple of years ago I went to Enterprise to rent a van or suv to take a weekend trip. The only thing they had was an Expedition with an eco-boost engine. I figured that 4 ton heap was going to be a slug getting around. It most definitely wasnt! I was surprised how well it ran!

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
My brother-in-law has been a Ford tech, then a Svc Mgr for the last 35 years.

He just got a 2021 F150, 3.5 EcoBoost. He traded in a 5 or 6 year old one just like it with 180,000 miles.

I asked him how the engine has been for them, like....do you have a pile of blown engines in the back corner of the service department? :biggrin1a:

He said it's been a real good engine for them.

But most owners drive like him, like a granny....:wink2:

Top Bottom