Don't worry, the Antarctic isn't running out of snow...

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
The data is from 11 years ago, the study came out 6 years ago and was published 4 years ago.. And the article doesn't exactly paint a rosy picture. Record high temps have been set all over the globe this year.

tommy1

BAM
This is the climate change she was talking about!

The girl is a genius. We should spoon what she says

• Red
Reactions: Red

tommy1

BAM
Why do you idiots work so hard to deny the effects humans have had on the planet?
Show us the data and how it’s been measured...globally...for the last 200 years...to a standard of .1 degrees C...

Ridiculous.
IPCC reports have essentially contradicted each of themselves...but we are supposed to believe them NOW.

Need data.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Plenty of data out there showing climate change has been accelerated by human activity. Why wouldn't you people want to err to the safe side instead of burning and polluting everything in site? The fact that you people can't even consider the damage we are most likely doing is astonishing.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
Plenty of data out there showing climate change has been accelerated by human activity. Why wouldn't you people want to err to the safe side instead of burning and polluting everything in site? The fact that you people can't even consider the damage we are most likely doing is astonishing.
did you read the cute lil article about the climate change gal and the stark reality her father posted of what luxuries she would be without??? I do agree, that as a first world entity we generate alot of debris. Stuff that could easily be recycled in a sustainable manner. However that takes time & effort. You cant even get your boss to clean up his shithole... what they hell do you think the 3rd world entities are going to do Convenience... thats what we like!

Vegas12

BAMF+

There's also data that volcanoes add plenty to the equation.

The answer is simple:

Plug the volcanoes which would allow humans a break on reducing their emissions.

Start in Hawaii. Our very own Maui can lead the charge....but ice cubes won't work.

RobBase

Flippin Swiss fan of Tay-Tay
Then don't be a hypocrite. Start walking to work. Shut off all the electricity and natural gas (if you have it) to your house. Only eat what you can grow in your garden or kill in your yard and eat it raw. No more internet, TV, radio, books or magazines for you. No more heat, light or A/C (obviously) for you. Do it for just a month or so, then report back to us.
OK, that's settled.

CID

BAMF+
Start walking to work. Shut off all the electricity and natural gas (if you have it) to your house. Only eat what you can grow in your garden or kill in your yard and eat it raw. No more internet, TV, radio, books or magazines for you. No more heat, light or A/C (obviously) for you. Do it for just a month or so, then report back to us.

We're STILL gonna die.

habitable_Zone-olds.jpg

Freeze now or burn later when a meteor hits..... oh wait.....
excuse_me_while_i_yawn_sassy_girl_emoji_t_shirt-r44a2958d73ec49eeacc80506a801cf04_65ye0_307.jpg

Now.. where were we?

Vegas12

BAMF+
What's more interesting to me is that you've been a LABs member for 15 years and have 15 posts. 1 post a year and you wasted your annual allotment on a picture of a teenage pawn of the agenda?

Not only that but what is his name???

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
early 1900s everyone was worried about "global cooling"...
Why Victorians feared modern technology would make everyone blind

In the 1800s, the rise of mass print was both blamed for an increase in eye problems and was responsible for dramatising the fallibility of vision too. As the amount of known eye problems increased, the Victorians predicted that without appropriate care and attention Britain’s population would become blind. In 1884, an article in The Morning Post newspaper proposed that:

The culture of the eyes and efforts to improve the faculty of seeing must become matters of attentive consideration and practice, unless the deterioration is to continue and future generations are to grope about the world purblind.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
to be fair... the more you read the worse your eyes become...lol. Ask any pre-law or juris doc candidate... the tiny font is the worst...lol

Z

BAMF+
The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever

:ducmanic:

When future generations look back on the global-warming scare of the past 30 years, nothing will shock them more than the extent to which the official temperature records – on which the entire panic ultimately rested – were systematically “adjusted” to show the Earth as having warmed much more than the actual data justified.

Two weeks ago, under the headline “How we are being tricked by flawed data on global warming”, I wrote about Paul Homewood, who, on his Notalotofpeopleknowthat blog, had checked the published temperature graphs for three weather stations in Paraguay against the temperatures that had originally been recorded. In each instance, the actual trend of 60 years of data had been dramatically reversed, so that a cooling trend was changed to one that showed a marked warming.

This was only the latest of many examples of a practice long recognised by expert observers around the world – one that raises an ever larger question mark over the entire official surface-temperature record.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/globalwarming/11395516/The-fiddling-with-temperature-data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-ever.html

Why Victorians feared modern technology would make everyone blind

In the 1800s, the rise of mass print was both blamed for an increase in eye problems and was responsible for dramatising the fallibility of vision too. As the amount of known eye problems increased, the Victorians predicted that without appropriate care and attention Britain’s population would become blind. In 1884, an article in The Morning Post newspaper proposed that:

The culture of the eyes and efforts to improve the faculty of seeing must become matters of attentive consideration and practice, unless the deterioration is to continue and future generations are to grope about the world purblind.
Just like masturbation!

wormser77

BAMF+
Well at one time camels only lived in N. America and at that time temperatures in the Arctic were 14 to 22 degrees warmer than they are today.
It's all gauze pads and ball bearings from here folks.

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
In recent times I've swung over to the man-made climate change side

Yes, the climate has and will always be changing

Yes, the planet was warmer with no polar ice caps during the dinosaur era

Yes, we just recently had an ice age (15,000 years ago I think) which carved out the Great Lakes, and then the planet warmed

These are natural phenomena

The arguments earlier in this thread refuting man-made climate change don't hold water, though

I think it's naive to dismiss man-made climate with arguments pointing to past climate cycles

Because it's not that the climate is changing, it's the RATE of change that appears to be unnatural, and the main suspect is us

I cannot believe that us pulling out all that carbon from beneath the surface and throwing it into the atmosphere is NOT destabilizing the planet in some way. No way, no how

The question is what to do? I'm not a fan of government solutions

Nuclear power is the solution. I just read that Jeff Bezos has joined Bill Gates with his own nuclear power generation funding

Gates and Bezos might do to nuclear power what Musk is doing to space exploration and the hope lies in the private sector. There is no political will to take up the nuclear torch

Everybody here, no matter which country, should be lobbying whatever elected official represents them for an expedient migration to nuclear power

And stop with the fucking windmill and solar nonsense

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
sadly i dont think the biggest roadblock to more nuclear plants is the past disasters...but instead the fossil fuel industry.

nuclear is cheaper and cleaner, and even if you could the past "meltdowns" still likely impacted (or killed) far less folks than coal has!

BilletMan

BAMF+
Bravo, LS for the WIN!
In recent times I've swung over to the man-made climate change side

Yes, the climate has and will always be changing

Yes, the planet was warmer with no polar ice caps during the dinosaur era

Yes, we just recently had an ice age (15,000 years ago I think) which carved out the Great Lakes, and then the planet warmed

These are natural phenomena

The arguments earlier in this thread refuting man-made climate change don't hold water, though

I think it's naive to dismiss man-made climate with arguments pointing to past climate cycles

Because it's not that the climate is changing, it's the RATE of change that appears to be unnatural, and the main suspect is us

I cannot believe that us pulling out all that carbon from beneath the surface and throwing it into the atmosphere is NOT destabilizing the planet in some way. No way, no how

The question is what to do? I'm not a fan of government solutions

Nuclear power is the solution. I just read that Jeff Bezos has joined Bill Gates with his own nuclear power generation funding

Gates and Bezos might do to nuclear power what Musk is doing to space exploration and the hope lies in the private sector. There is no political will to take up the nuclear torch

Everybody here, no matter which country, should be lobbying whatever elected official represents them for an expedient migration to nuclear power

And stop with the fucking windmill and solar nonsense

Top Bottom