Don't Fuck Around In Brazil

shotlady

With a Damn Nice Rack
what was he dragging? notice the chick in green just walks to the door when this got started. no hustle whatsoever.

luckystrike

non binary Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Here's one from Las Vegas- did the clerk (possibly the owner) of the shop go too far? No info (that I saw) on if the thief lived. I can't say I feel too badly about these guys, but I wonder if the employee gets charged.

The most offensive thing about that is a Korean engaged in cultural appropriation by dressing like a squatting Slav

Drakhen

BAMF
Here's one from Las Vegas- did the clerk (possibly the owner) of the shop go too far? No info (that I saw) on if the thief lived. I can't say I feel too badly about these guys, but I wonder if the employee gets charged.

I don't see any weapons. If they didn't have any weapons, I'd say he could be in deep shit.

• Red
Reactions: Red

Drakhen

BAMF
three on one? And we all know that fists kill more people every year than guns
I'm not saying it from a moral point of view. I'm saying it from the POV that the law may not agree with his actions. In the video above, I didn't see anyone threatening him, nor did I see weapons. Stabbing someone seven or more times, isn't a good look if all they were doing was stealing stuff.

Of course, I'm not gonna shed a tear over a dead scumbag, but I won't be on the jury if this guy gets charged.

rumble phish

BAMF+
The clerk's biggest mistake was not killing the leprechaun. Now BLM will hire the leprechaun a high priced lawyer (probably Jewish) to get him a pay day.

And that's IF he doesn't wind up getting charged with a hate crime.

rumble phish

BAMF+
I'm not saying it from a moral point of view. I'm saying it from the POV that the law may not agree with his actions. In the video above, I didn't see anyone threatening him, nor did I see weapons. Stabbing someone seven or more times, isn't a good look if all they were doing was stealing stuff.

Of course, I'm not gonna shed a tear over a dead scumbag, but I won't be on the jury if this guy gets charged.
I'm pretty sure the leprechaun was in the process of strong-arm robbing the place, so the threat (3 v 1) was real. However, what you're saying may well come to fruition.

Last edited:

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I don't see any weapons. If they didn't have any weapons, I'd say he could be in deep shit.
it sure does not look like self defense...not saying the guy getting stabbed was a prince, but a smash grab crime is not really a invitation to kill the guy..if the guy had died the clerk would most likely be looking at a manslaughter or possibly murder charge. My guess is that he's in pretty big trouble there...more than the guy who got stabbed anyway.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Somebody smashes and grabs from another persons business and they get killed in the process, TOUGH SHIT. There should be no legal repercussions against the store owner or any employees. Not saying there won’t be, the world is upside down these days.

The world wouldn’t miss that thief.
I can see your point but I also believe in a measured response. Steal a candy bar, broken finger etc. Steal a car, get run over...broken leg(s)? Use a weapon, get a weapon used on you. Rape=Rape, Kill = Kill.

Years ago there was a judge I think in NYC who sentenced a habitual thief to having his stuff taken from him by the victim. Said that the victim could enter his house any time they wanted and rummage his stuff until they found what they liked. The guy said well if they can do that he can't ever have nice stuff...the judge said exactly...

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
'Video games made me do it' doesn't sound like a great defense in court. 'I was in fear for my life' seems like a better line to take.

rumble phish

BAMF+
thought when he got the guy in a headlock he was gonna slit his throat there for a second!

and yea, hes gonna regret that reddit post when dindonuffins parents sue him in civil court.
Looked like he stabbed him in the neck. And were the perp leprechaun? Can't be sure from the video, but it looked like maybe a white guy under the ski mask.

Kirk

BAMF
This is a great example of how, when someone is mortally wounded and will be dead within minutes, the adrenaline in their system is enough to keep them in the fight long enough to get a hit on you and possibly kill you before they die.
Bingo.

There's several lessons in that video, but "fatal" does not equal "instant incapacitation", for sure.

rumble phish

BAMF+
I dunno …. Did the idiots he faced have any weapons ?
After watching the video several times, I can't see that they had any weapons. I assumed it was a strong arm robbery, where they were threatening to beat him. Even if it was, when the guy goes behind the counter it didn't look like he was the aggressor. The clerk was on him in a flash.

OP
A23

A23

BAMF+
After watching the video several times, I can't see that they had any weapons. I assumed it was a strong arm robbery, where they were threatening to beat him. Even if it was, when the guy goes behind the counter it didn't look like he was the aggressor. The clerk was on him in a flash.
Huh?

How much victim-hood should people accept before they can put up a defense?

In NYC the line is different than Las Vegas. Morally it should be consistent.

BigGar

high on placebo
Wait . . .

What ? ? ?

It didn't look like he was the aggressor?
He was behind the fucking counter.
If that particular shopkeeper didn't feel in fear for his life, he's a brave man than I.
Two bandits in the store.
One less now. Too bad he didn't get to kill both of them.
No way he's convicted of anything.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Huh?

How much victim-hood should people accept before they can put up a defense?

In NYC the line is different than Las Vegas. Morally it should be consistent.

the guy in NYC had the guy on top of him, the guys intent was not to rob but to assault. The guy in Vegas looked like he had a different deal, more of a robbery but I could be wrong.. Vegas12's point about he came over the counter is probably the biggest thing in the store clerks favor. Still it's going to be how the laws in NV are regarding self defense and how horny a prosecutor is. Hopefully the store clerk just gets a pat on his head and goes back to his normal life. Keep in mind that I don't have a law degree, I'm guessing like most of the rest of the people here.

Measure response in self defense is something you need to pay attention to to stay out of prison. I'm not saying whats right or wrong, just what might happen later. Going on Reddit and saying you play video games on how to kill people is probably not going to help. If he had just stuck to the 3 against 1 and I don't know what happened next deal, then thats a better defense.

Generally measured response is what it sounds like. Someone flips you off, you shoot them....no. Someone threatens your life, it's likely to be life for life at that point. Over simplified but you can fight for your life especially if you are cornered. Some states have castle doctrines which "I think" means you don't have an obligation to retreat. Other states will say if you have an easy way out you have an obligation to take it. Being cornered in its self I would think is a very strong defense. *IF you can....run away.. If you are defending someone else, and they can't retreat, then (I'm pretty sure) you can stay.

When it comes down to it though having a cool head in a situation like that is unlikely at best. Even if you have training once your animal instinct kicks in it's not going to end well for anyone. I think thats what we saw with the store clerk in NV....now if he could just stop talking he might be ok..

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
according to google:
In Nevada, self-defense is permitted if the non-aggressor reasonably believes he/she – or someone else – is in imminent danger of bodily harm. Furthermore, the non-aggressor must use no more physical force than necessary to defense himself/herself or another person.
this is what may be argued. Was the level of force demonstrated.

OP
A23

A23

BAMF+
the guy in NYC had the guy on top of him, the guys intent was not to rob but to assault. The guy in Vegas looked like he had a different deal, more of a robbery but I could be wrong.. Vegas12's point about he came over the counter is probably the biggest thing in the store clerks favor. Still it's going to be how the laws in NV are regarding self defense and how horny a prosecutor is. Hopefully the store clerk just gets a pat on his head and goes back to his normal life. Keep in mind that I don't have a law degree, I'm guessing like most of the rest of the people here.

Measure response in self defense is something you need to pay attention to to stay out of prison. I'm not saying whats right or wrong, just what might happen later. Going on Reddit and saying you play video games on how to kill people is probably not going to help. If he had just stuck to the 3 against 1 and I don't know what happened next deal, then thats a better defense.

Generally measured response is what it sounds like. Someone flips you off, you shoot them....no. Someone threatens your life, it's likely to be life for life at that point. Over simplified but you can fight for your life especially if you are cornered. Some states have castle doctrines which "I think" means you don't have an obligation to retreat. Other states will say if you have an easy way out you have an obligation to take it. Being cornered in its self I would think is a very strong defense. *IF you can....run away.. If you are defending someone else, and they can't retreat, then (I'm pretty sure) you can stay.

When it comes down to it though having a cool head in a situation like that is unlikely at best. Even if you have training once your animal instinct kicks in it's not going to end well for anyone. I think thats what we saw with the store clerk in NV....now if he could just stop talking he might be ok..
I understand what you're saying... and I agree for the most part... except for one aspect.
Why is it up to the victim to determine how many worms are in the can that the aggressor opened?

I think the clerk over-reacted... but that's in hindsight.
These three masked fucksticks walked in that shop with bad intentions... why is it up to the victim to determine the proper measured response when said fucksticks up the ante by jumping over the counter.
He gave them the opportunity to walk out peacefully. They chose not to and stepped up the aggression.

This one squarely falls in the "fuck around and find out" category.

We are being programmed to feel sorry for the criminals.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I understand what you're saying... and I agree for the most part... except for one aspect.
Why is it up to the victim to determine how many worms are in the can that the aggressor opened?

I think the clerk over-reacted... but that's in hindsight.
These three masked fucksticks walked in that shop with bad intentions... why is it up to the victim to determine the proper measured response when said fucksticks up the ante by jumping over the counter.
He gave them the opportunity to walk out peacefully. They chose not to and stepped up the aggression.

This one squarely falls in the "fuck around and find out" category.

We are being programmed to feel sorry for the criminals.
you are 100% spot on. I'm just pointing out that the law may not be on your side. Honestly when that guy came into the store to rob it he signed his life over. The level of sympathy I have for him is the "find out" part of "fuck around".

my point is keep you mouth shut and lawyer up asap.

gsteve

BAMF+
i think the clerk over did it...he had the smaller idiot in front pushing him ahead of him with ease. He continued to stab him , in areas he choose knowing the damage he was doing. I know , i know... and now hes flapping his mouth and might regret it.

Vegas12

BAMF+
I'm seeing the other side ......a little bit.

But I'm still firmly on the self defense side.

it was a split second decision after the POS jumped the counter....I hear some of the argument regarding whether he had a weapon or not....but I don't believe he needs to wait and find out.

But he has to STFU and claim how much he feared for his life/safety.....

It will come down to a good attorney if charges are brought.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
The guy who was stabbed looked like he was trying to retreat- he turned to his right and tried to run (giving up his back), and the counter worker kept coming after him. I don't think that's going to help his case either.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
The guy who was stabbed looked like he was trying to retreat- he turned to his right and tried to run (giving up his back), and the counter worker kept coming after him. I don't think that's going to help his case either.
the retreating bad guy's testimony has as much chance of standing up in court as he does.

Top Bottom