Does someone have something to tell us...

TR3B

Old but forgotten
They will just make shit up on the spot so that they can swing their bureaucratic dicks around, hoping to piss you off for wasting so much of your life, because they can.

When society collapses, DMV offices everywhere will be little more than a smoking hole in the ground.
This is true. I have one lady at my local DMV that will find ANYTHING to send you on a fools errand over. Last time she did it to me I lost my fucking mind and had to find another DMV. Took the same paperwork in, no issues. Cunts. All of 'em.

OP
Terry_Schiavo

Terry_Schiavo

Scrap Bracket magazine cover model
Here is another DMV kicker. So I get there and it's 48f and raining. There is a line of around 30 people outside in the rain waiting to get in. An attendant is making sure all are wearing masks. (Most places in IL no longer require them). I'm like WTF! Luckily since I "only" needed my title transferred they let me right in. Inside the place is completely empty. The inside line queue zigzag can hold more than 50 people, but the fucker will let only let a couple of people in at a time. Fuck them.
My local DMV has cameras so you can see the crowd waiting. Now they only accept appointments scheduled online.
Hilarious to me... but thankfully I can do what I need to online.

OP
Terry_Schiavo

Terry_Schiavo

This is true. I have one lady at my local DMV that will find ANYTHING to send you on a fools errand over. Last time she did it to me I lost my fucking mind and had to find another DMV. Took the same paperwork in, no issues. Cunts. All of 'em.
sometimes you just have to be smarter than them. A lil tact and notarized docs always helps.

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
My local DMV... only accept appointments scheduled online.
The local title bureau apparently is by appointment only. I've walked in on 2 occasions without an appointment and been the only person in the lobby.

Six or eight women sitting at desks, doing nothing. One of them sees me, waddles up to the sliding glass window and asks if I have an appointment.

I scan the empty lobby and reply, "No. Can you squeeze me in?" 🤷‍♂️

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
fr0st fr0st If I have the TuneECU for Android then I don't need GuzziDiag / IAW7SMReader?

Should get the rest of my cables / adapters later today.
No you don't. Unless you absoluetly need a windows version..

Good news on the cables

Be sure to have a full battery on the tablet and don't touch anything while uploading a make.. it takes some time to do... like the little red wire with a little alligator clip on it, it needs to plug on 12 volts + .. it makes the usb/obd2 chip work.. be sure it doesnt dusconnect while uploading a map as you could lose connection and brick the ECU... have a trickle charge on the bike while doing it ..

For just reading data if you lose connection for a reason it won't do any damage...just reconnect ..

Start off with connecting to the bike and see if you can sync the throttlebodies and look at live data.. test stuff..rpm fuel pump etc etc..... don't do the throttle self learning if your throtle goes to 100% at wot.. its pointless

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar
No you don't. Unless you absoluetly need a windows version..

Good news on the cables

Be sure to have a full battery on the tablet and don't touch anything while uploading a make.. it takes some time to do... like the little red wire with a little alligator clip on it, it needs to plug on 12 volts + .. it makes the usb/obd2 chip work.. be sure it doesnt dusconnect while uploading a map as you could lose connection and brick the ECU... have a trickle charge on the bike while doing it ..

For just reading data if you lose connection for a reason it won't do any damage...just reconnect ..

Start off with connecting to the bike and see if you can sync the throttlebodies and look at live data.. test stuff..rpm fuel pump etc etc..... don't do the throttle self learning if your throtle goes to 100% at wot.. its pointless
So my understanding of the high-level steps are:

1. Test connectivity / functionality using TuneECU
2. Use TuneECU to backup stock ECU
3. Use TuneECU to flash "7614LD20Map.hex for Tuono 1100 MY 2017 Akrapovic / Race for ECU 7SMHW320 "
4. Use TuneECU to test WOT and calibrate it if not 100%
5. Hope this does not turnout to be a Bronco thread! :biggrin1a:
:question2:

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
So my understanding of the high-level steps are:

1. Test connectivity / functionality using TuneECU
2. Use TuneECU to backup stock ECU
3. Use TuneECU to flash "7614LD20Map.hex for Tuono 1100 MY 2017 Akrapovic / Race for ECU 7SMHW320 "
4. Use TuneECU to test WOT and calibrate it if not 100%
5. Hope this does not turnout to be a Bronco thread! :biggrin1a:
:question2:
Yep.. that's all

:up:

Also calibrate TBs ..i do it twice a year.. it makes a diffrence ..really !

Side note :

Also you might consider calibrating traction control.. look it up on google or user manual..

Theres a calibration button in the menu..then you ride in second gear( not other gears..2nd gear) on a peaceful street with no bumps and hold it steady at 25 mph or so..

Its a bit of a bitch to do sometimes.. but well worth it..

It Shouldn't have anything to do with the ecu reflash but its a good thing to to once in a while as with tire wear( rear) the speed sensors need to know so you'll get the best out of TC..

OP
Terry_Schiavo

Terry_Schiavo

6. Explore attractive 0% interest financing options so your bestest friend in North FL can get one of them pasta rockets

Hapo

Dog Boy
...lookit you poor bastards all trying to desperately compensate for your diminished vitality...

...I am so cool I can ride/crash a little girly bike all undiminished n' shit... .!.:D.!.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
fr0st fr0st opinions on going with either Brentuning or OpenFlash tablets compared to the Aprilia race flash?
People had better results with openflash as the tablet is easier to work with and they had made a few updates on their mapping..and there fueling is pretty good.. the thing is they ( like all of them) use the aprilia racemap and work from there..
it all depends on your needs.. the bike with the racemap is ready VERY good.. and the 17+ have worked out a few bugs the previous years had in terms of fueling...

But that being said , if you're looking for the ultimate experience and getting the the best out of a tuono, look up Gabro Racing.. they sell a modded rsv4 airbox with a ecu and his own tuning.. the guy is a god damn wizard of tuning in italy and works for a racing team..

He dosn't sell a tablet or just a map, he sells a oem ecu with the map in it and it's locked in there.. you can read the ecu's parameters with tune ecu but not the map ( thats how they make money ! Same goes for openflash )

Gabro racing is hands down the tune to get

I didin't get it as i don't think it would be cost effective for the roads here...and its pricy ! .but i guess if i would track the bike or use it to his full potential in terms of horsepower without landing in jail, i would have gone with gabro..

Since your bike is a RR, i'd look up an ohlins rear shock.. don't grt one from a rsv4 even if it fits, the valving is difftent as the dogbone lenght and other parts are also diffrent ..its really calibrated diffrently..

I went brand new at the dealer for that.. the comfort is hands down uncomparable for the busted roads here..

Last edited:

roadczar

People had better results with openflash as the tablet is easier to work with and they had made a few updates on their mapping..and there fueling is pretty good.. the thing is they ( like all of them) use the aprilia racemap and work from there..
it all depends on your needs.. the bike with the racemap is ready VERY good.. and the 17+ have worked out a few bugs the previous years had in terms of fueling...

But that being said , if you're looking for the ultimate experience and getting the the best out of a tuono, look up Gabro Racing.. they sell a modded rsv4 airbox with a ecu and his own tuning.. the guy is a god damn wizard of tuning in italy and works for a racing team..

He dosn't sell a tablet or just a map, he sells a oem ecu with the map in it and it's locked in there.. you can read the ecu's parameters with tune ecu but not the map ( thats how they make money ! Same goes for openflash )

Gabro racing is hands down the tune to get

I didin't get it as i don't think it would be cost effective for the roads here...and its pricy ! .but i guess if i would track the bike or use it to his full potential in terms of horsepower without landing in jail, i would have gone with gabro..

Since your bike is a RR, i'd look up an ohlins rear shock.. don't grt one from a rsv4 even if it fits, the valving is difftent as the dogbone lenght and other parts are also diffrent ..its really calibrated diffrently..

I went brand new at the dealer for that.. the comfort is hands down uncomparable for the busted roads here..

View attachment 66960
Thanks fr0st fr0st . I may have to order OBD2 scanner from lonelec after all as one from Amazon didn't work so I was looking for quicker alternative. I'll try another one from Amazon first it claims to have original FT232RL chip. Gabro has an available upmap for $450...

Last edited:

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Thanks fr0st fr0st . I may have to order OBD2 scanner from lonelec after all as one from Amazon didn't work so I was looking for quicker alternative. I'll try another one from Amazon first it claims to have original FT232RL chip. Gabro has an available upmap for $450...

Nice i didin't know they did that !

Back in 2012 you could ship your ecu to him and he'd flash it and ship it back for 250-300 .. times have changed

Hapo

Dog Boy
...good gloves too...I just sold a pair to the insurance company...

...I had gooten a real good deal on them from some guy years ago... (grin)

Last edited:

roadczar

Hell yeah !!!! :up: :up:

Now get that traction control down to level 1 !!
I was playing with all the settings. All set to 1s. Still feeling like wheelie control is way more intrusive than Panigale's. Haven't tried to turn it off yet. Even when set to 1 it cuts power abruptly. Ducati would carry front wheel and set it down gently.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
I was playing with all the settings. All set to 1s. Still feeling like wheelie control is way more intrusive than Panigale's. Haven't tried to turn it off yet. Even when set to 1 it cuts power abruptly. Ducati would carry front wheel and set it down gently.
I haven't tried the newer ones much. But on mine with WC ay lvl 1 at 70 mph in 3rd gear if i whack it , it will lift the wheel and hold it up 12" high for a long time. I think it maximum 30 seconds though... oh and will not lift if 5 or more degrees inclined ..something like that

Maybe its diffrent on 17+ MY

Hapo

Dog Boy
...that would happen some times on the Busa, usually in 2ed and 3ed...I always felt so cool when we did that...

...I wish I knew how the bike did that...I just tried not to fuk it up...LoL...

Last edited:

roadczar

I guess I have to remember that Panigale had more than 30 more horsepower and weighed less. Tuono feels little flat in comparison. Not a hint of wheeling in third.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
I guess I have to remember that Panigale had more than 30 more horsepower and weighed less. Tuono feels little flat in comparison. Not a hint of wheeling in third.
I noticed on mine that with more road going tires ( less sticky ones) like Michelin Road 5 it will not lift as much as trac control kicks in a bit even at lvl 1 !

I lift in 3 rd with throttle off and on real fast .my gearing is set lower though compared to a 17+.. i'm at 16/46 instead of 15/42.

Also, check if you have chosen the most powerful mapping.. for the 2017+ sport mode being the most direct throttle response.. even more than track mode..

On mine, track mode was the most direct throttle response.. but they changed the names of modes with the 1100 engine..dunno why..

roadczar

I noticed on mine that with more road going tires ( less sticky ones) like Michelin Road 5 it will not lift as much as trac control kicks in a bit even at lvl 1 !

I lift in 3 rd with throttle off and on real fast .my gearing is set lower though compared to a 17+.. i'm at 16/46 instead of 15/42.

Also, check if you have chosen the most powerful mapping.. for the 2017+ sport mode being the most direct throttle response.. even more than track mode..

On mine, track mode was the most direct throttle response.. but they changed the names of modes with the 1100 engine..dunno why..
I guess traction control could be the culprit. For some reason prior owner put a Dunlop Q4 in front and Diablo Rosso still on the rear. I have not gotten around on replacing the front which came with the bike. May be it is messing with TC, I'll try to recalibrate and see what happens.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
I guess traction control could be the culprit. For some reason prior owner put a Dunlop Q4 in front and Diablo Rosso still on the rear. I have not gotten around on replacing the front which came with the bike. May be it is messing with TC, I'll try to recalibrate and see what happens.

Yeah calibration TC when done properly can affect TC sensitivity to kick in

roadczar

Did some work on the Ape. Changed the front tire back to stock, removed the charcoal canister, and recalibrated throttle and APRC. It now feels like a different bike! Slightly more power and much crispier fueling. No more vacuum swoosh when I open the gas cap.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Did some work on the Ape. Changed the front tire back to stock, removed the charcoal canister, and recalibrated throttle and APRC. It now feels like a different bike! Slightly more power and much crispier fueling. No more vacuum swoosh when I open the gas cap.

View attachment 67372

Glad to hear that.. its a bit of a pita to get a mapping done but well worth it... also calibrate the TBs and tc

Have fun!!

Top Bottom