Does someone have something to tell us...

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar
Where are the pictures Bert?
It is 48F and wet here today. Spent all of my morning trying to re-title it in IL.
Went to the local DMV. "Lady" said the VIN does not show up valid in their system. I'm like WTF? Then she throws another curve ball...
I had to pay $175 to transfer plates for which they accepted cash or credit, BUT for $25 to Illinois Department of Revenue they only accept personal checks or money orders. That's right no cash or credit. So another run home to take a picture of my frame/vin and to get my checkbook. WTF?

RobBase

Flippin Swiss fan of Tay-Tay
I checked out the Tuono's before buying the SDR.
Between the ergonomics, the Tuono had my knees too high and tucked and I could feel that in just a few minutes of seat time, plus I'm only 5'9" and the shitty tank range,
it was no contest.
But best of luck to you roadczar, may you enjoy your ride for a long time.

roadczar

I checked out the Tuono's before buying the SDR.
Between the ergonomics, the Tuono had my knees too high and tucked and I could feel that in just a few minutes of seat time, plus I'm only 5'9" and the shitty tank range,
it was no contest.
But best of luck to you roadczar, may you enjoy your ride for a long time.
Thanks man. I usually do not keep my bikes for more than couple of seasons. (Except for my gen 2 busa and ZX1400R). If it does not float my boat out it goes :D . It is my first "upright" since 80s.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Nothing major. Biggest is the Akra slip-on which eliminated cat. Previous owner claimed he was told that map adjustments are not required. Seems suspect. Can anyone confirm?
The longer the slip on the better they go as for fueling..

Shorties aren't recommended..

A race map is easy to install with an android phone or tablette using the app called tuneecu with a cheap FIAT car obd cable..

I recommend you add the race map to the bike.. if it doesn't already have it..

To tel if you have a reflash done, On the speedo screen on the loerr part in the middle you'll see a "racing" logo in red/ white ....like on this one :

The race map is the aprilia map when putting on a slip on..

If you need amything lemme know.. there is aldo a guzzydiag windows software( free) to calibrate throttlebodies, handle and pull out error codes...

Last edited:

roadczar

The longer the slip on the better they go as for fueling..

Shorties aren't recommended..

A race map is easy to install with an android phone or tablet using the app called tuneecu with a cheap FIAT car obd cable..

I recommend you add the race map to the bike.. if it doesn't already have it..

To tell if you have a reflash done, On the speedo screen on the lower part in the middle you'll see a "racing" logo in red/ white ....like on this one :

View attachment 66236

The race map is the Aprilia map when putting on a slip on..

If you need anything lemme know.. there is also a guzzydiag windows software( free) to calibrate throttlebodies, handle and pull out error codes...
Thanks! It will take me couple of days to get there. I'm sure I'll have some questions.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
You're missing the race map.

Cables needed :

Software :

Racemap

Last edited:

roadczar

You're missing the race map.

Cables needed :

Software :

Racemap

Thanks fr0st fr0st!

I'm guessing any Alfa Lancia cable will work? I don't want to wait for it from UK. Here is one from Amazon. Also, is there a source for downloadable shop manual?

Qiilu 3 Pin to 16 Pin OBD2 Adapter Connector Diagnostic Cable for Fiat Alfa Lancia

Wretch

amazingly graceful
It is 48F and wet here today. Spent all of my morning trying to re-title it in IL.
Went to the local DMV. "Lady" said the VIN does not show up valid in their system. I'm like WTF? Then she throws another curve ball...
I had to pay $175 to transfer plates for which they accepted cash or credit, BUT for $25 to Illinois Department of Revenue they only accept personal checks or money orders. That's right no cash or credit. So another run home to take a picture of my frame/vin and to get my checkbook. WTF?
They will just make shit up on the spot so that they can swing their bureaucratic dicks around, hoping to piss you off for wasting so much of your life, because they can.

When society collapses, DMV offices everywhere will be little more than a smoking hole in the ground.

roadczar

They will just make shit up on the spot so that they can swing their bureaucratic dicks around, hoping to piss you off for wasting so much of your life, because they can.
They definitely succeeded, I told her that I would have gladly have paid another $50 for not having deal with them again.

Last edited:

roadczar

Here is another DMV kicker. So I get there and it's 48f and raining. There is a line of around 30 people outside in the rain waiting to get in. An attendant is making sure all are wearing masks. (Most places in IL no longer require them). I'm like WTF! Luckily since I "only" needed my title transferred they let me right in. Inside the place is completely empty. The inside line queue zigzag can hold more than 50 people, but the fucker will let only let a couple of people in at a time. Fuck them.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Thanks fr0st fr0st!

I'm guessing any Alfa Lancia cable will work? I don't want to wait for it from UK. Here is one from Amazon. Also, is there a source for downloadable shop manual?

Qiilu 3 Pin to 16 Pin OBD2 Adapter Connector Diagnostic Cable for Fiat Alfa Lancia
But you're still gonna need the usb to obd2 plug cable ...that cable has a special chip driver in it and not all cheap versions work... The cable will plug into your tablet using a micro usb to usb adapter( easy to find off amazon) .

The other end of that cable ( the obd2 plug) will in the fiat cable .

Don't assume that a cheap chinese clone knock off of those cables will work.. i have had my share of those and some don't work and leave you thinking "why the fuck doesn't my tablet connect ?"

Better be safe than sorry and remove ALL doubts on the cables..

Buy the ones you'll be sure that work..

For manual i bought a cd version off ebay.. its a BIG pdf .

The one i got would be too old for your model

I leave a copy on my cell phone for enlightment purposes ;)

Tune ecu isin't free but its cheap and works great

.maybe you can calibrate the TBs with it..gonna try it and let you know !

EDIT :

Yep.. can all be done with tuneecu..including calibrating throttlebodies

Heres a tutorial how to download a map

Last edited:
Top Bottom