Doc Simon here AMA

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
When the liberal media says "stay home" automatically something stinks.
Sorry, ill take my chances.
I won't give up freedom for a flu.
The economy, well, i suppose we ll have to put those hunting expertise to use if need be.

CID

BAMF+
I'm not a healthcare "official" and don't think in terms of saving every life that crosses my path -- I think in terms of killing off the shit that causes this kind of issue and that's where the line is drawn for those of us that don't get paid by Insurance or the Government.

As far as Trump being "crazy" enough to go to war ---

When the entire world has to stay home for weeks or months at a time to curve some virus that came from another country's citizen supposedly eating shit they shouldn't eat... ?? (...so say the "officials") ....it's ALREADY war.

No.. the final solution isn't to just prepare for the next sickness by giving over our entire economy to government healthcare "officials" so they can buy ventilators and then just waiting to see if you die or not. The excuse will ALWAYS be that we aren't spending enough money. Who's gonna pay? Guess what the 3 million people that just left the workforce won't be paying, that's for sure.

Keep the borders CLOSED until we get this shit figured out. Anything else is communist agenda and you're stupid to think otherwise -- just as "you’re a fool if you don’t follow the restrictions and don’t isolate yourself."

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
When the liberal media says "stay home" automatically something stinks.
Sorry, ill take my chances.
I won't give up freedom for a flu.
The economy, well, i suppose we ll have to put those hunting expertise to use if need be.
I know where Simon went to medical school, he was my doctor for a while, but where did YOU get your medical degree from?

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
I could use a box of 50 rounds, 100 maybe if you re feeling generous today
No preservative filled beef jerky for me, thanks.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
What is also well documented is that they knew the japs were coming to attack way in advance. Look it up.
They knew the Japanese might be planning an aggressive move somewhere (try reading 'A People's History of the United States' by Howard Zinn), but you specifically referenced radar- the planes were indeed picked up by the rudimentary radar system that existed at the time, but the signal wasn't properly interpreted.

Look it up.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Cmon dude.
You re only naive when it suits you.
Suuuure, they saw 500 planes and thought oh don t worry it s our own boys.

Yea.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
It was the message getting passed up the chain of command that it changed from
information from a radar operator to a staff officer interpretation of said information,
determining that the mass seen on the scope was an expected flight of B17 bombers coming in.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Cmon dude.
You re only naive when it suits you.
Suuuure, they saw 500 planes and thought oh don t worry it s our own boys.

Yea.
Well, you just go on and believe what you want. You realize this wasn't modern radar that showed separate planes, right? It showed a mass that was subject to interpretation (in this case, an incorrect analysis). And, as noted, it was thought to be a squadron of planes that was expected that day.

This is the actual readout:

CID

BAMF+
You re gonna kill us allll CID damn u!!
Get under them blankets now!
I'm commenting on the knee-jerk reactions of humanity and the life experiences I've garnered worldwide in the course of my life traveling around it. I don't have the answers..... I have my own thoughts and communicate them here, hopefully, in a way that doesn't demean those providing an essential service to us all... that being.... caring for us when we get sick. But I'll be dammed if I'll live in a world where the primary goal of society is to keep the sick alive and just on a basis that I might die as well.

CID

BAMF+
...idjit, we already live in such a world...
The primary goal of society (imo) is to provide a somewhat collective effort to achieve a better living standard. That doesn't mean that the collective gets to call the terms of admission and decide that I AM part of that collective no matter what. It just means that, as an Individual, I 'should' contribute to a collective effort that better serves my own agenda. The balance gets screwed when people start deciding that being a slave to process is a better society than anarchy. Somewhere there's a middle and destroying the worlds economy to save a very few (statistically speaking) falls on BOTH sides of that -- not in the middle.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Fuck. Why did I think it would be different this time?

putting the statin questions on hold for now.

the issue isn’t the mortality rate. It’s how fucking sick the survivors get🙏. The WHO reported some areas of China the survivors had a 20% rate of hypoxia. That means 1/5 of the infected ones needed supplemental oxygen. And a significant proportion of those needed to be placed on a ventilator. For WEEKS. Maybe 1/10,000 flu victims get sick enough to be on a ventilator. Their experience was a few percent. That’s almost 3 orders of magnitude worse.

this is the real deal. A big fucking problem. The flu is orders of magnitude less harmful. We have roughly 2 hospital beds per thousand of population. And much less ICU beds. Maybe 2-3% of those hospital beds are icu beds. When At least 1% of the population needs a hospital bed- from where? they’re already 90% utilized by regular illnesses. People haven’t stopped having heart attacks and strokes. And because of how insurance companies work and Medicare you can’t run a hospital profitably if you’ve got empty beds so hospitals have actually contracted. A few years ago the federal government told us that we were overcapacity by 25%. Obama care or the authors of Obamacare said that we had 25% more hospital beds than we needed and sure enough there’s been a big contraction in the hospital beds there still overcapacity but we lost about 20%.

that’s why hundreds of thousands could die. People you know. We can’t absorb a surge like this. The flu and other seasonal viruses result in more ER visits and more urgent care visits and more care in general but it’s still pretty rare to get so sick that you have to be placed on a ventilator. Not so with c-19.

what they’re not telling you what is the social isolation works- it does “flatten the curve” but there’s really no quick end to the benefit- in other words you have to socially isolate for many months like 6 to 12 months to get the full benefit. Not Just 14 days.

Mark my words there will be somebody on this board who dies because of it and it’s going to suck.

this is the scariest thing I’ve ever faced as a father and a medical professional. I think the world’s economies are going to be indelibly changed. I think Trump is crazy enough to go to war over this. I think that this is going to result in nationalized healthcare for the United States and it’s going to dictate who becomes president and it might be Bernie because of this.

I learned from the 1992 LA riots that the first thing the cunts in power do is shut down the gun stores in the ammunition stores. I vowed I would never be in that situation again and I’m not. My cunt wife stole tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition from me I’m still OK but all my really high-quality defensive handgun ammunition went with her. I have maybe 600 rounds of 9mm hollow points left (she couldn’t take what I had in my possession) but she took ALL my 10mm. As well as my IMI razorcore and all the .50BMG. I have a few hundred rounds of hollow points but I had TENS OF THOUSANDS. I still have a few thousand rounds of 5.56 and .308 but I had tens of thousands. She took all my M14 mags, the HK 91,93 and the AK-74 mags. The guns are no good without the magazines. I only have maybe 500 rounds of belted .50 for the ma deuce left. On January 10, She took 200 pounds of line caught Alaskan salmon and halibut. And the freezer. Seemed like a annoying thing at the time And I was debating if it was worth 550 bucks an hour to have my lawyer even mark it down and go after it but it sure takes on a different view when that was my survival food for times Just like this. She took my fucking generators too. and the motorhome which was another one of my emergency contingencies. I’m still finding shit she took- like today went looking for my Kryptonite New York chains- all gone. $150 apiece. Guess restraining orders don’t apply to women.

this is going to really suck. I’ll let you know if/when We figure out a drug regimen that works. I will tell you that we are trialing new antivirals and combinations of existing medications- I mean if someone is fucking dying might as well throw the kitchen sink at them but there’s nothing that’s really outstanding right now.

just be aware this is real. It’s not propaganda it’s not something manufactured in the lab it’s real and it’s going to kill people you know and you’re a fool if you don’t follow the restrictions and don’t isolate yourself. I think this has the potential to certainly crash the economy worse than 911 or 2008 ever did. what even more so there’s going to be societal changes from this so get ready protect your family protect yourselves and if you have specific questions let me know.

I'm 9 blocks from a NYC hospital that lost 13 last night alone.. hospital is past capacity and FEMA set up two tents. The Javititz center is being transformed into a hospital for non corona virus treatments. And the Navy Ship in the Harbor is almost operatinal to accept patients. NYC is a Ghost town. Some supplies are if you find it buy it.. but finding it is impossible. Im pretty well set up 4 months 5 months tops to not have to leave the house. If you don't have some cash saved you are fucked as I don't see many businesses surviving. And that 1200 bucks isnt going very far for any one. I figure by day 100 martial law will be called and then the real fun will start here.

The two bigest questions I have is how long does it live in puddled water. And can it live in a public water supply or well water supply?

So far I'm virus free.. but for how long?

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
just keep your level head and all will be fine... You have prepaired for the worst...

just pray for the best...

if i am way wrong here... well We are fooked...

if i am right... things will be back to normal before the ecconomy collapses...

Pick the answer that will make you want to keep getting up everyday...

that's what i did...

CID

BAMF+
CID is talking as if the economy would still be chugging along all puppies and rainbows were it not for that meddling government.
Not even close. What I'm saying is pretty clear.

If you were taking a check from an individual based on the services YOU can provide to somebody and not a government entity that mandates it -- we wouldn't even be HAVING this conversation.

So that means you shouldn't have a say at all at whether or not "government" decides to quarantine a whole economy based on the services you provide. (not you but your industry)

Here's another way of saying it -- I own multiple properties. I pay property taxes specifically for the Hospitals that exist in my county. People that don't pay property taxes use the same hospital. And now there's a threat that there will be too many people that use it. At the same time the same people that mandate my hospital ....care for people that dont pay for it .....now want me to close business, so that it doesn't get overcrowded? .....Seriously??

Last edited:

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Be well Simon. My question, is the level of exposure associated with the severity of the disease? Example, is my dry hand on a shopping cart handle with bugs on it the same as a face full of an infected persons cough, in terms of how serious the reaction?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Be well Simon. My question, is the level of exposure associated with the severity of the disease? Example, is my dry hand on a shopping cart handle with bugs on it the same as a face full of an infected persons cough, in terms of how serious the reaction?
I guessed yes to this and used a small bottle of hand sanitizer on my hands and wiped them while wet with it on the handle.

I do miss twirling my mustache and stroking my beard though.

Stetson

BAMF
I brought a pair of gloves grocery shopping the other day, because it was a bit chilly, and I figured i wouldn't have to touch the cart. When I got to the store, I realized I had brought two left gloves, not a pair. :sad: Probably should have turned the closet light on when I was getting ready.

CID

BAMF+
Saw a guy wearing rubber gloves at the grocery and thought that was a pretty good idea. I use the same gloves prepping a bbq brisket with spices or a pork butt. I fucking hate wiping the cart handle. Then I thought to myself that just passing people in a store isle has got to be just as bad. ...and fuck knows if the apple or cabbage head I'm taking home has got some beer flu on it. What... you mean u don't dawn soap your fruit?? Everybody does it now and you're a fool if you don't! There's no winning at this point only ducking your head like you hear incoming artillery and you can only HOPE it's not in your vicinity when it hits.

Snail

Not sure i was clear, is a few bugs the same as a lot of bugs on how sick one gets?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Not sure i was clear, is a few bugs the same as a lot of bugs on how sick one gets?
I understand that answer to be yes from the doctors and healthcare experts I've asked but, we should wait to hear from the Doc here.
He may have better/newer info.

Not even close. What I'm saying is pretty clear.

If you were taking a check from an individual based on the services YOU can provide to somebody and not a government entity that mandates it -- we wouldn't even be HAVING this conversation.

So that means you shouldn't have a say at all at whether or not "government" decides to quarantine a whole economy based on the services you provide.
So you're saying that healthcare industry shouldn't have input on healthcare policy, even though that's their area of expertise?

CID

BAMF+
So you're saying that healthcare industry shouldn't have input on healthcare policy, even though that's their area of expertise?
My lawn gardener would love me to spend $1000 a month on landscaping since he's the expert on all things flora. :rolleyes:

AD -- you're a SERVICE provider -- you don't create. Simple as that. You can't stop creation so that service OVERHEAD thrives. Societies fail when that choice is made. If the mortality rates were high, I'd have a different viewpoint, but they aren't.

Last edited:

Snail

The young and restless see it one way, but for me at my advanced age its the clatter of hoves from the 4 horsemen that i hear.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Saw a guy wearing rubber gloves at the grocery and thought that was a pretty good idea. I use the same gloves prepping a bbq brisket with spices or a pork butt. I fucking hate wiping the cart handle. Then I thought to myself that just passing people in a store isle has got to be just as bad. ...and fuck knows if the apple or cabbage head I'm taking home has got some beer flu on it. What... you mean u don't dawn soap your fruit?? Everybody does it now and you're a fool if you don't! There's no winning at this point only ducking your head like you hear incoming artillery and you can only HOPE it's not in your vicinity when it hits.
Well since it's apparently aerosolized now, just walking through the air someone coughed in an hour earlier fucks you over.

I'm 9 blocks from a NYC hospital that lost 13 last night alone.. hospital is past capacity and FEMA set up two tents. The Javititz center is being transformed into a hospital for non corona virus treatments. And the Navy Ship in the Harbor is almost operatinal to accept patients. NYC is a Ghost town. Some supplies are if you find it buy it.. but finding it is impossible. Im pretty well set up 4 months 5 months tops to not have to leave the house. If you don't have some cash saved you are fucked as I don't see many businesses surviving. And that 1200 bucks isnt going very far for any one. I figure by day 100 martial law will be called and then the real fun will start here.

The two bigest questions I have is how long does it live in puddled water. And can it live in a public water supply or well water supply?

So far I'm virus free.. but for how long?

Been wondering about you 👍 stay safe my man..

Got my son out last weekend and grateful for it ...

that's what i did...
Pretty sure he wasn’t asking you ...

My lawn gardener would love me to spend $1000 a month on landscaping since he's the expert on all things flora. :rolleyes:

AD -- you're a SERVICE provider -- you don't create. Simple as that. You can't stop creation so that service OVERHEAD thrives. Societies fail when that choice is made. If the mortality rates were high, I'd have a different viewpoint, but they aren't.
The hospital is still going to be open and doing brisk business regardless of what you decide. In fact, what healthcare is advocating for is to reduce the number of patients, which means reducing their revenue stream.

You know, it's funny because Republicans were screaming about Obamacare death panels and having to kill patients because the healthcare system would be too overwhelmed to meet their needs....and here you are, advocating for that exact thing. :lol:

The icing on this hypocrite pie would be if you declared yourself a pro-lifer :lol:

CID

BAMF+
You know, it's funny because Republicans were screaming about Obamacare death panels and having to kill patients because the healthcare system would be too overwhelmed to meet their needs....and here you are, advocating for that exact thing. :lol:

The icing on this hypocrite pie would be if you declared yourself a pro-lifer :lol:
I dont care about panels...never did. My issues with nationalized care has been clear regardless of the republican party and is still clear in this thread COST. ....and here you are switching out to death panels and abortion.

Same old shit debate about the same old shit only this time the entire world is shut down. .. nice going.

I dont care about panels...never did. My issues with nationalized care has been clear regardless of the republican party and is still clear in this thread COST. ....and here you are switching out to death panels and abortion.
YOU may not care about the panels but that doesn't change the fact that OTHER people did.....the SAME people that support letting the virus travel freely so we can keep the economy going, who somehow think the economy would be immune to the effects of the coronavirus.

Irony at it's finest.

Top Bottom