Did Niki Lauda pass away?

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Formula 1 Legend Niki Lauda Dead at 70

Legendary Formula 1 racer Niki Lauda has died ... according to his family.

Lauda, considered one of F1's greatest drivers ever, died Monday ... nine months after undergoing surgery for a lung transplant.

Niki won the F1 drivers' championship in 1975 and '77 with Ferrari and again in '84 with McLaren ... but he's most famous for crashing and catching fire in 1976 at the German Grand Prix.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I just watched his movie a few months ago.
I've never followed Formula car racing but the movie certainly made it seem as though it has an exciting history.
RIP Racer.

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Strange, nothing on formula 1 dot com nor any of the high profile auto sport sites

But Wikipedia has him down as deceased May 20 and his passing is trending on twitter

RIP Gladiator

He was my favorite driver back in the day.
I recall reading an article many years ago that mentioned the fact he easily could have afforded cosmetic surgery for the facial scarring that resulted from his fiery wreck, but he chose not to. He said at the time something to the effect that his scarring was a testament to the wickedness (awesomeness? help me out here) of the sport.

Niki Lauda said:
"The other day I was asked again 'why did you never do an operation?' To the woman I said 'where the (expletive) do I find an ear?' It's a very simple answer," he said matter-of-factly. "It is the way it is and what can I do?

"It's the same when you are in a wheelchair. Nobody asks anybody to get up and walk. Sure, people change their tits and ass and whatever. In my case there could be something done but I wouldn't. Because this is a fact of life and that's it."

Hapo

Dog Boy
:confused2: ...they wanted me to come back for more surgery to repair my face after the emergency procedures that one time but WTF for...???...LoL... :ugly1:

:wink: ...they did enough...it's not like yer not goona make a silk purse outa a sow's ear... .!.:D.!.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...Lauda looked 90...I guess fire ages one...

Top Bottom