Dey,,,, charged,,,,, em

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
I'm the only one in this room professional enough that I know of to carry the Glock-40. *BOOM*

Interesting case. Everybody involved did something wrong, in my opinion. I'm not particularly familiar with Florida law, which will decide the shooter's fate. But in Ohio, you can't start a fight and then claim you feared for your life. In this case, the shooter confronted the deceased's girlfriend, which just might turn out to be the same thing.
The shooter didn’t “start a fight” with the one who physically assaulted him...

you pansy motherfuckers saying anything different should hem your dresses.
Youse fucking guys... I dumb it down for the masses, and you pick apart my words.

In Ohio, a defendant must prove three conditions to establish that he acted in defense of himself or another:

First, the defendant must prove that he was not at fault for creating the situation. The defendant cannot be the first aggressor or initiator.

That's a fail... if he had just shut the fuck up, there's no "situation".

Second, the defendant must prove that, at the time, he had a real belief that he was in immediate danger of death or great bodily harm and that his use of deadly force was the only way to escape that danger.

That's a tough sell, at best. The deceased knocked the defendant on his ass, and backed off.

Third, a defendant must show that he did not have a duty to retreat or avoid the danger. A person must retreat or avoid danger by leaving or voicing his intention to leave and ending his participation in the confrontation...

Well that looks like strike three, to me.
Sorry pal, you don't like the way my ol' lady parks, call the cops, or better yet, suck it up, buttercup.

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
And in other news...

"A Texas grandmother shot a man who was riding a bicycle, masturbating and trying to break into her Houston home Tuesday while her granddaughter was inside, police said."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/0...trying-to-break-into-her-home-police-say.html

Poor bastard. How's a man supposed to relax?

"The man had been arrested a week earlier for allegedly walking around the same area while naked, KPRC-TV reported.
The man was not immediately charged. Police said investigators were working to determine whether the woman would face charges."

BigHock

BAMF
And in other news...

"A Texas grandmother shot a man who was riding a bicycle, masturbating and trying to break into her Houston home Tuesday while her granddaughter was inside, police said."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/0...trying-to-break-into-her-home-police-say.html

Poor bastard. How's a man supposed to relax?

"The man had been arrested a week earlier for allegedly walking around the same area while naked, KPRC-TV reported.
The man was not immediately charged. Police said investigators were working to determine whether the woman would face charges."
Riding a bike, jerking it and some B and E? Well that just proves, Cirque du Soleil is in town. :up:

rumble phish

BAMF+

Youse fucking guys... I dumb it down for the masses, and you pick apart my words.

In Ohio, a defendant must prove three conditions to establish that he acted in defense of himself or another:

First, the defendant must prove that he was not at fault for creating the situation. The defendant cannot be the first aggressor or initiator.

That's a fail... if he had just shut the fuck up, there's no "situation".

Second, the defendant must prove that, at the time, he had a real belief that he was in immediate danger of death or great bodily harm and that his use of deadly force was the only way to escape that danger.

That's a tough sell, at best. The deceased knocked the defendant on his ass, and backed off.

Third, a defendant must show that he did not have a duty to retreat or avoid the danger. A person must retreat or avoid danger by leaving or voicing his intention to leave and ending his participation in the confrontation...

Well that looks like strike three, to me.
Sorry pal, you don't like the way my ol' lady parks, call the cops, or better yet, suck it up, buttercup.

Maybe you missed the part where this happened in FLORIDA.

And in other news...

He should be a shoe in for an outstanding career, anyone that can multitask like that is an asset to any corporation.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Was it really one guy or was it three ducks in a naked luckystrike suit?

Supposedly in Indiana you can shoot cops if they try to force themselves into your house without a warrant. Wanna test that? You got an extra 100 grand layin' around for your defense? Have fun.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Girlfriend and her lawyer are live right now on CNN.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
Hows Drejka doin'??? Anyone?

Plus they used the confining "Manslaughter" charge... what if Markeis identified as a lady?? Freaking lawyers! :fu:

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
majority would be related to the jury selection...and if they had been improperly "tainted" by seeing the video or news/etc regarding the situation prior to the trial.

most folks mad their decision of guilt or innocence within a few seconds of watching the video...and most of THOSE folks are smart enough to escape jury duty. Id hate to put my fate in the hands of what the state defines as my peers.

Vegas12

BAMF+
majority would be related to the jury selection...and if they had been improperly "tainted" by seeing the video or news/etc regarding the situation prior to the trial.

most folks mad their decision of guilt or innocence within a few seconds of watching the video...and most of THOSE folks are smart enough to escape jury duty. Id hate to put my fate in the hands of what the state defines as my peers.

That's all covered in voir dire.

Now jury misconduct would be grounds for an appeal....but usually that's brought up during the trial and the attorney will ask for a mistrial.

And while I agree there are some people that I would not want judging me, the jury was 100% correct in this case.

Stetson

BAMF
and most of THOSE folks are smart enough to escape jury duty. Id hate to put my fate in the hands of what the state defines as my peers.
The one and only time I got a notice for jury duty, when they were asking the whole room about law enforcement experience, I raised my hand, but when asked, told them I felt I could still be a fair and impartial juror. One of the next questions about knowing the defendant, I went down to have a sidebar with the attorneys to let them know I had actually arrested her before, for the same thing. I didn't want to taint the whole room by yelling it out. They released me from jury duty after that. :green:

Vegas12

BAMF+
The one and only time I got a notice for jury duty, when they were asking the whole room about law enforcement experience, I raised my hand, but when asked, told them I felt I could still be a fair and impartial juror. One of the next questions about knowing the defendant, I went down to have a sidebar with the attorneys to let them know I had actually arrested her before, for the same thing. I didn't want to taint the whole room by yelling it out. They released me from jury duty after that. :green:
]

I've read maybe thousands upon thousands of pages of jury selection to help my wife with her transcripts.

Getting out of jury duty is quite easy.

Do NOT use your job, money or lack of babysitting as an excuse.

Simply state a bias for or against law enforcement if it's a criminal case.

Claim a bias for or against the government.

You can claim the Simon520 clause regarding firearms if the case has a gun aspect to it.

My wife's judge wanted proof if you claimed you had a noncancelable trip.

There were dozens of other excuses where the judge would be able to "accommodate" you.

My wife did have one judge that if he let you off, he would order community service for 1/2 the hours the trial was expected to go. A lot of people were magically able to put aside their beliefs after that choice.

OP
OP
Z

Z

BAMF+
In Fla. :ducmanic: all ya need ta do is be,,, 70,,, errr older. :oldman1:

Ta blow off,,, :D bein on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, a jury :yahoo:

BigGar

high on placebo
]

I've read maybe thousands upon thousands of pages of jury selection to help my wife with her transcripts.

Getting out of jury duty is quite easy.

Do NOT use your job, money or lack of babysitting as an excuse.

Simply state a bias for or against law enforcement if it's a criminal case.

Claim a bias for or against the government.

You can claim the Simon520 clause regarding firearms if the case has a gun aspect to it.

My wife's judge wanted proof if you claimed you had a noncancelable trip.

There were dozens of other excuses where the judge would be able to "accommodate" you.

My wife did have one judge that if he let you off, he would order community service for 1/2 the hours the trial was expected to go. A lot of people were magically able to put aside their beliefs after that choice.
Unless the summons is sent registered mail and you sign for it, they can't even prove you received it. No bubbles no troubles.

BigGar

high on placebo
And in regards to this case, the old fucker had been reported for road rage, brandishing his gun, and other crazy shit numerous times. Fuck 'em. He's the sort of hot headed idiot that fucks it up for folks who just want to protect themselves and their family. He should have minded his own fucking business. Good riddance fuckwit.

Austin_F

BAMF+
I just wrote down my own brushes with the law.

A few days later I received a very terse one sentence reply in the mail.

"You have been excused from jury duty".

Haven't gotten another summons since. I must be on a list.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
Haven't gotten another summons since. I must be on a list.
Ive never gotten a jury summons...ever. Anytime Ive had to go to court (3x)...I got a bench trial. Just the facts ma'am.

Hope the Old Goat Busy Body gets some time to think about this in the Grey Bar Hotel. Will be even more realism for him when the estate of the thug files on him while he is at the Hotel wearing the soap on a rope around his neck lol.. Keep your yap shut. Call the Po Po about the parking problem SMH!

Vegas12

BAMF+
Hope the Old Goat Busy Body gets some time to think about this in the Grey Bar Hotel. Will be even more realism for him when the estate of the thug files on him while he is at the Hotel wearing the soap on a rope around his neck lol.. Keep your yap shut. Call the Po Po about the parking problem SMH!

Lol!!!...You really think he has any assets for a civil suite....or really even cares????

But yes, he will be bubba's(s) bitch.

Whatever he does have will be gone is the point... Too bad for him...

Top Bottom