Dey,,,, charged,,,,, em

Z

BAMF+
:cool: Shooter in fatal Florida 'Stand Your Ground' case arrested for manslaughter.

A Florida man was arrested on a prosecutor's warrant Monday in connection with a fatal shooting last month that a sheriff said was justified under the state’s "Stand Your Ground" self-defense law.

Michael Drejka, 47, was charged with manslaughter in the July 19 death of 23-year-old Markeis McGlockton during a dispute over a handicapped parking spot at a convenience store in Clearwater.

The shooting, which was caught on video, reignited debate around the "Stand Your Ground" law and led to demonstrations by protestors who criticized Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gulatieri for not arresting Drejka, a white man who shot and killed an unarmed black man.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/1...ur-ground-case-arrested-for-manslaughter.html

rumble phish

BAMF+
Think this is just going to be a waste of time and tax payer money. They are simply trying to appease the black community. As far as the letter of the law goes, the shooter was 100% justified in his actions. The civil trial will be what does him in.

aww yea...and the media jumps on the race bandwagon within an hour!

headline of the local newspaper here reads: "White man charged with fatal shooting of unarmed black man"

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Think this is just going to be a waste of time and tax payer money. They are simply trying to appease the black community. As far as the letter of the law goes, the shooter was 100% justified in his actions. The civil trial will be what does him in.
Bullshit, the white guy's life was never in danger. He was an asshole, he started the whole thing.

I hope he goes to jail.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Bullshit, the white guy's life was never in danger. He was an asshole, he started the whole thing.

I hope he goes to jail.
You're wrong. An older man getting pushed to the ground hard by a younger, larger, stronger man can certainly consider his life in danger.

Yeah, he was a bit trigger happy.
Possibly, but he never physically provoked the other guy nor did he ever threaten with the weapon. Like I said, reading the letter of the law, he was within his rights to defend himself. The civil suit will be a whole different ball game, and I feel like they're setting up the criminal trial to get to the civil trial.

If the law allowed for the summary execution of people illegally parking in handicap spots, then this would have never been an issue. :cool:

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
You're wrong. An older man getting pushed to the ground hard by a younger, larger, stronger man can certainly consider his life in danger.

Possibly, but he never physically provoked the other guy nor did he ever threaten with the weapon. Like I said, reading the letter of the law, he was within his rights to defend himself. The civil suit will be a whole different ball game, and I feel like they're setting up the criminal trial to get to the civil trial.

If the white geezer got up and the bro-ham came at him again, blast away.

Vegas12

BAMF+

I don't agree with ANYTHING you've written.

And the DA could not give a rat's ass if there's a civil suite or not.

what part of the law requires a victim to wait for a 2nd physical assault to defend themselves?

not that my armchair quarterbacking agrees with the shoot on principle...but as far as the law goes...this seems fairly easy to defend.

"I was disoriented and in severe pain after I was assaulted by the man...possibly even concussed!"

"when I was able to gather my wits and identify my attacker to see he was still within a few feet of me I drew my weapon and fired in defense of what I felt would be a follow up attack"

blah blah blah...hell it wouldnt even take saul goodman to convince 1 of 12 folks he isnt guilty.

Vegas12

BAMF+
what part of the law requires a victim to wait for a 2nd physical assault to defend themselves?

not that my armchair quarterbacking agrees with the shoot on principle...but as far as the law goes...this seems fairly easy to defend.

Again, deja vu all over again....

With all the stories of the ass beatings administered by some of the bad ass LAB's members over the years, wonder what the verdict here would be if they'd been shot.

You're correct in the defense will be how he feared for his life.....we'll see if the jury buys it.

My slant on the video was that he wasn't.

At least there is a video so the jury doesn't have to rely on the word of a greasy POS HOA captain.

Interesting case. Everybody involved did something wrong, in my opinion.
I'm not particularly familiar with Florida law, which will decide the shooter's fate. But in Ohio, you can't start a fight and then claim you feared for your life. In this case, the shooter confronted the deceased's girlfriend, which just might turn out to be the same thing.

Vegas12

BAMF+
I get the fear for your life defense.

My problem is I don't understand where the line gets drawn.

Thinking any weapon could trigger that "fear".....even a pocket knife.

But if we accept ass beatings via hand to hand as a legit reason to blow someone away, what's to stop the scared female from "lawfully" shooting the crazed honky because she "feared" for her life???

Walking MLK BLVD. after dark shooting EVERYONE.....because "I feared for my life."

Last edited:
But if we accept ass beatings via hand to hand as a legit reason to blow someone away, what's to stop the scared female from "lawfully" shooting the crazed honky because she "feared" for her life???
Why wouldn't we want a woman on the receiving end of an ass-beating to defend herself with lethal force?

Vegas12

BAMF+
Why wouldn't we want a woman on the receiving end of an ass-beating to defend herself with lethal force?

I see your point...especially during a sexual assault.

But can it digress to shooing someone because they were being yelled at???

Vegas12

BAMF+

I just reread my post and I wasn't clear at all.

I was writing about this particular incident.

If the woman had shot the white guy after yelling at her through the car window, could she have claimed the "feared for my life" defense???

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I have to drive somewhere in a couple of hours, I'm fearing for my life, based on that I get to kill people right?

sweet. :up:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I still think the shooter's best defense is that the black guy appeared to be 'reaching' for something after he shoved him (though I believe it wasn't a justified shooting- I'm just trying to figure out what the defense will be). While it's good the jury will have a video to watch, the defense attorneys are also watching it and using it to come up with a plausible motive- I don't think it's going to be too difficult to make a jury believe that he was actually worried about being attacked further by the guy who was the initial physical aggressor. It's not about what really happened at this point- it's about what will be believed...

It's possible that the 'Stand Your Ground' law will be revised over this incident, but that won't have any bearing on the outcome of this case.

Last edited:

Austin_F

BAMF+
Anal Disco would write the headline "man murdered for putting his car in Park"

right?

simon520

Fixes humans and shoots everything else
Shooter was an asshole. Not in debate.
However, he was not shoved by the female he was talking to.

he was body slammed by a third party. One he was not talking to.

The shooter didn’t “start a fight” with the one who physically assaulted him. And under no law I’m aware of do you have to wait for the threat against you to subside; he wasn’t a threat to the aggressor in the first place.

lets not forget that the woman was parked illegally. There is nothing in the law stating you can’t engage someone in a discussion if you believe they have committed an infraction or a crime. Talking is not assault. I’m sure the driver didn’t appreciate being berated about parking in a handicapped spot and probably ran her mouth. Tough shit. Wish more people would scout neighborhoods and confront cockholes like this. Fuck them and their arrogance/selfishness. Fucking laws don’t apply to them, right?

some stiff gets in your face about your parking? Tough shit; you shouldn’t be parking there. It’s not starting a fight; it’s breaking the law.

Some animal with a felony record and no impulse control then assaults with intent to do GBH because his baby momma is disrespected? Good shoot in my opinion. Keep your fucking hands off people unless you wanna get shot.

What kind of a fucking society do we have to live in where you can’t confront someone breaking the law because you’re worried they will react? Fuck em if they do.

you pansy motherfuckers saying anything different should hem your dresses.

BigHock

BAMF
If the law allowed for the summary execution of people illegally parking in handicap spots, then this would have never been an issue. :cool:
So you’re saying I can’t shooted someone if they park in a handicap spot? I don’t want to live in a country with such harsh laws.

BigHock

BAMF
"I was disoriented and in severe pain after I was assaulted by the man...possibly even concussed!"

"when I was able to gather my wits and identify my attacker to see he was still within a few feet of me I drew my weapon and fired in defense of what I felt would be a follow up attack"

blah blah blah...hell it wouldnt even take saul goodman to convince 1 of 12 folks he isnt guilty.
Concussed? He fell on his ass, but this might make sense. He definitely had is head up his ass.

simon520

Fixes humans and shoots everything else
Keep in mind that I believe drug dealers have a right to defend themselves from theft and assault by other criminals. Yeah. Get your head around that. I think most gang shoots are probably good shoots in self defense. Some asshole starts a drive by and the intended victims shoot back... exactly why are we arresting the victims and confiscating guns... ? But I digress.

keep your fucking hands off other people.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
But by all means play 'cop' while you're carrying a weapon and get in people's faces over what you perceive to be minor infractions of the law.

BigHock

BAMF
Rayner pointed out that the security video shows McGlockton retreating from Drejka after he pushed the man down in an effort to protect Jacobs and his children. She said that it took four seconds for Drejka to make "the conscious decision" to shoot McGlockton.

the mouthpiece for the deceased parents, sees it like this.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
It does look like he was backing away- I think he might have been a little shocked that the shooter ended up on the ground (like, 'Oh, shit- now the cops are coming')- he probably meant to push him back, but not down.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
This all seems like a bit much effort has to take place...

...can't we just set off a few hundred thermonuclear devices and call it good? :neutral:

Zimmerman turned out to be a piece of shit, they made a mistake on that one. When are people gonna learn to mind their own fucking business? Say your piece if you want, accept that the person is gonna be a smartass in return, then move on down the road, you aren't the designated parking lot police.

Vegas12

BAMF+

The shooter didn’t “start a fight” with the one who physically assaulted him. And under no law I’m aware of do you have to wait for the threat against you to subside; he wasn’t a threat to the aggressor in the first place.

lets not forget that the woman was parked illegally. There is nothing in the law stating you can’t engage someone in a discussion if you believe they have committed an infraction or a crime. Talking is not assault. I’m sure the driver didn’t appreciate being berated about parking in a handicapped spot and probably ran her mouth. Tough shit. Wish more people would scout neighborhoods and confront cockholes like this. Fuck them and their arrogance/selfishness. Fucking laws don’t apply to them, right?

some stiff gets in your face about your parking? Tough shit; you shouldn’t be parking there. It’s not starting a fight; it’s breaking the law.

Some animal with a felony record and no impulse control then assaults with intent to do GBH because his baby momma is disrespected? Good shoot in my opinion. Keep your fucking hands off people unless you wanna get shot.

What kind of a fucking society do we have to live in where you can’t confront someone breaking the law because you’re worried they will react? Fuck em if they do.

Now it's "body slammed."

You're as bad as the dipshits saying Zimmerman had his head "bashed against the sidewalk."

ANYONE who thinks they need to shoot someone because they got shoved to the ground is the pansy assed dress wearing motherfucker....

Melodramatic fucks...:roll:

rumble phish

BAMF+
Vegas, I feel where you're coming from but I also feel you are 100% wrong. But I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what the Jury says. I think it'll be a VERY tall order to get all 12 to convict. The defense only needs to get one to see it their way, and as we can see here there are more than a few who think he was justified UNDER THE CURRENT LAW to do what he did.

And as for being a "pansy assed dress wearing motherfucker", I can say with complete certainty that at 48 years old, overweight (not as much as I used to be) and with a bad shoulder and bad knew there's no way in hell I'd be going toe to toe with a guy half my age with twice my mobility. If someone were to come up to me and shove me to the ground the way the black guy did to the shooter I'd plug'em at least twice before I got up. So I guess I'll be shopping for my new dress :fu: :lol:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Now it's "body slammed."

You're as bad as the dipshits saying Zimmerman had his head "bashed against the sidewalk."

ANYONE who thinks they need to shoot someone because they got shoved to the ground is the pansy assed dress wearing motherfucker....

Melodramatic fucks...:roll:
Yeah, if I was in my 20's or 30's I could see a shoving being no big deal.

However, rapidly approaching 60 with worn out hips and arthritic joints, getting shoved to the ground can be a serious injury and a great deal of pain.

Keep your fucking hands to yourself.

God created Man, Sam Colt made him equal.

Granted, I don't go around starting shit with people because, it's not my fucking job to educate the masses on parking etiquette or any other piddly thing they may be up to.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
And as for being a "pansy assed dress wearing motherfucker", I can say with complete certainty that at 48 years old, overweight (not as much as I used to be) and with a bad shoulder and bad knew there's no way in hell I'd be going toe to toe with a guy half my age with twice my mobility. If someone were to come up to me and shove me to the ground the way the black guy did to the shooter I'd plug'em at least twice before I got up. So I guess I'll be shopping for my new dress :fu: :lol:
I doubt you go around looking for confrontations while you're armed (or under any circumstances- people who start shit over minor stuff with strangers have a screw loose). If you saw someone angrily accosting your wife while your kids were present, you might also react (or even over-react) strongly toward the guy who started it. Remember, this guy was defending his family from a guy playing cop and (seemingly- there's no audio) verbally assaulting his wife (of GF or whatever she was). As far as the shooter goes, if there are kids present, that was even more of a 'red flag' for him to just back the fuck off- carrying a weapon is a right, but it also comes with responsibilities, and the main one is to avoid getting into unnecessary volatile situations, and certainly not to initiate them.

That said, I also see your point, but the fact the guy with the gun was playing cop is what I think might sway a jury toward convict him of some sort of charge (it's currently manslaughter- they might go for something lesser) because everyone can relate to hating that kind of shit,

Vegas12

BAMF+
Vegas, I feel where you're coming from but I also feel you are 100% wrong. But I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what the Jury says. I think it'll be a VERY tall order to get all 12 to convict. The defense only needs to get one to see it their way, and as we can see here there are more than a few who think he was justified UNDER THE CURRENT LAW to do what he did.

Just because one juror doesn't convict (or acquit) doesn't mean the case is over...it's up to the DA if they want a retrial.

And I never even suggested going toe to toe if you're physically overmatched....I'm saying a shove on your ass does not require lethal force.

rumble phish

BAMF+
I get the fear for your life defense.

My problem is I don't understand where the line gets drawn.

Thinking any weapon could trigger that "fear".....even a pocket knife.

Walking MLK BLVD. after dark shooting EVERYONE.....because "I feared for my life."
Dude, you are so far off base here it's comical. A physical beating can certainly put someone in fear of losing their life. Remember, the legal standard isn't just "in fear of my life", it is also "fear of great bodily injury".

No, you can't shoot someone for verbally confronting you just the same way as you can't swing on someone for talking shit to you. But when the line of physicality is crossed, you can certainly AND LEGALLY defend yourself. With lethal force if need be.

The legal standard is "reasonableness" (Reasonable person standard) - The decision whether an accused is guilty of a given offense might involve the application of an objective test in which the conduct of the accused is compared to that of a reasonable person under similar circumstances. In most cases, persons with greater than average skills, or with special duties to society, are held to a higher standard of care. For example, a physician who aids a person in distress is held to a higher standard of care than is an ordinary person.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Well if he gets a jury of white republicunt men, he'll skip all the way out the door.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Dude, you are so far off base here it's comical. A physical beating can certainly put someone in fear of losing their life. Remember, the legal standard isn't just "in fear of my life", it is also "fear of great bodily injury".

No, you can't shoot someone for verbally confronting you just the same way as you can't swing on someone for talking shit to you. But when the line of physicality is crossed, you can certainly AND LEGALLY defend yourself. With lethal force if need be.

The legal standard is "reasonableness" (Reasonable person standard) - The decision whether an accused is guilty of a given offense might involve the application of an objective test in which the conduct of the accused is compared to that of a reasonable person under similar circumstances. In most cases, persons with greater than average skills, or with special duties to society, are held to a higher standard of care. For example, a physician who aids a person in distress is held to a higher standard of care than is an ordinary person.

OK.......like I said, if someone needs to shoot someone because they're getting their ass beat......snowflake comes immediately to mine. (Yes, that is how LAB's spells mind.)

if only common sense were more common! preach on sister!

I am fascinated at how many folks spin this story as the guy screaming bloody murder and baby momma just being a quiet passive victim cowering behind her steering wheel as the crazy white guy rips her a new asshole.

vs what is more likely that the guy merely asked why she was parking in a handicapped spot...and she flipped her shit on him and told him to go fuck himself (or something along those lines).

there is no audio in any of the vids (if there is one, please post it...im genuinely interested in hearing it)...but the guy never even gets within 2 or 3 feet of the car...isnt making wild gestures at the lady in the car...and the lady even gets OUT of the car during the course of the "argument"....seems rather difficult to claim she was scared of the guy or otherwise a victim at that point no?

one other interesting point thats not been brought up.... shooter has never been arrested in his entire life...while the shootee has a rap sheet a mile long...including 5 felonies ranging from resisting arrest with violence, to cocaine distribution, to domestic abuse.

but hey, im sure that was all just a misunderstanding.

rumble phish

BAMF+
I am fascinated at how many folks spin this story as the guy screaming bloody murder and baby momma just being a quiet passive victim cowering behind her steering wheel as the crazy white guy rips her a new asshole.

vs what is more likely that the guy merely asked why she was parking in a handicapped spot...and she flipped her shit on him and told him to go fuck himself (or something along those lines).

there is no audio in any of the vids (if there is one, please post it...im genuinely interested in hearing it)...but the guy never even gets within 2 or 3 feet of the car...isnt making wild gestures at the lady in the car...and the lady even gets OUT of the car during the course of the "argument"....seems rather difficult to claim she was scared of the guy or otherwise a victim at that point no?

one other interesting point thats not been brought up.... shooter has never been arrested in his entire life...while the shootee has a rap sheet a mile long...including 5 felonies ranging from resisting arrest with violence, to domestic abuse.

Pure conjecture, but I'd be hard pressed not to agree with every fucking word you said.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Eggackley... dat po blak lady an dem chilluns needs to be paid, plain and simple.

Still dumb.....one has nothing to do with the other.

She'll probably file a civil suite regardless of how the trial goes (ie: O.J.)

I doubt the asshole has anything worth being sued for.

Last edited:

Pat830

BAMF
So if the assholes didn't think they were above the law and didn't park in the handicapped parking space in the first place this all could have been avoided?

Vegas12

BAMF+

one other interesting point thats not been brought up.... shooter has never been arrested in his entire life...while the shootee has a rap sheet a mile long...including 5 felonies ranging from resisting arrest with violence, to cocaine distribution, to domestic abuse.

NOBODY here has spun the story that the baby momma was passive.....NOBODY!!!
I'm sure she got belligerent with quickdraw McGraw.

MOST think the asshole vigilante wannabe should have kept his mouth shut or kept the dialogue to a minimum....It wasn't like the dumb bitch took up the last parking space, in fact there were closer empty spaces in the front of the store. Say your piece and move on......But WAIT, metermaid asshole was packing....he feared no one; especially a loud mouth black bitch..

Your last point has no bearing on anything and is hardly interesing. The thug shoved a guy getting into his baby momma's face....Let me guess, all you would have done is bought the guy a slurpee and told your bitch to quit talking back.

Vegas12

BAMF+
So if the asshole didn't think he was the law and didn't get into the face of a dumb bitch who parked in the handicapped parking space in the first place this all could have been avoided?
Fixt!!

Top Bottom