Detailing

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I'm noticing I'm getting some sun streaks in only certain parts of the car in direct sun.. I'm using20190919_131833.jpg and

20190919_132129.jpg
Changing microfiber towels often but still got the damn streaks
Am I using too much product? Not applying correctly? Or not leaving it on long enough? (I'm doing one panel of section at a time. Car is super clean when applied.. and using new pads with each waxing

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Did you stroke out there? You okay?
Sausage fingers hit reply before the tread was complete. Had to go in and edit. This is what we get when we cant DELETE an entire thread.. stupidest thing about this board is no delete thread option.

BigGar

high on placebo
Try going over the areas with a fresh microfiber and some quick detail spray. Collinite is still my favorite ultra long lasting carnuba wax, but it's a rare day that I ever put wax on a car anymore. The new spray coatings are so fucking good and long lasting that once I get paint corrected to my liking I just hit them with the spray and they're good to go for months. Considering most of them are getting cleaned up every so often by me, they're getting a fresh coat of it fairly regularly. I almost don't even need to touch a car with a wash mitt anymore. I just blast them with the pressure washer and DI water and everything comes off.

Last edited:
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
This stuff is also a favorite.

I'll get some and try it out.. I been using the Adam's detail spray..

One thing I found is this car attracts dust.. sort of like a static type thing is happening..

I remembering owning the black trucks and it was a bitch to keep them super clean..

The Wax Shop used to make a pro glaze that worked EXTREMLY well on black vehicles but they went out of business.

Last edited:

BigGar

high on placebo
I'll get some and try it out.. I been using the Adam's detail spray..

One thing I found is this car attracts dust.. sort of like a static type thing is happening..

I remembering owning the black trucks and it was a bitch to keep them super clean..

T hff e Wax Shop used to make a pro glaze that worked EXTREMLY well on black vehicles but they went out of business.
The P&S Beadmaker I like a little better than the Meguiars. Nothing sticks to it. It's kind of crazy.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
20190919_143117.jpg

20190919_143122.jpg

20190919_143135.jpg

20190919_143203.jpg

Hard to catch what I'm talking about with the camera but I can see it as you walk around the car.

BilletMan

BAMF+
I hope Vicious Cycle is tuned in to this topic....

I used to use "liquid ebony", many years ago....

BigGar

high on placebo
View attachment 24038

You ever use this Gar? I'm impressed .. it shines better than Meguiars quick detailer.
It's not bad at all, but the newer stuff I posted above kind of makes any quick detailer product obsolete. Even my revered Formula113 BeadX spritz that I've recommended to you all for years is not relegated to clay lube duties in my truck. The new stuff is basically like putting a really nice, long lasting wax job on your car, but as quick to apply as your No Rinse, or my Formula113. Spray, wipe, maybe one more wipe with a completely dry microfiber, and you're done. Both products also work great on windows inside and out with a little patience. And nothing fucking sticks to it. Crazy.

rumble phish

BAMF+
I used to swear by the old formula of Honda Polish. That shit was amazing. I used it on my 12 and my Busa. Never had to put a drop of water on the bikes. Spray the bike down, let it sit on it for @ 10 minutes and then wipe off with a clean microfiber towel. Fucking mirror polish and bugs and grim wouldn't stick to it. After a couple of coats yo could just wipe bugs guts off with a soft towel and that was it. I really miss that stuff.. fucking C.A.R.B. :fu:

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
I used to swear by the old formula of Honda Polish. That shit was amazing. I used it on my 12 and my Busa. Never had to put a drop of water on the bikes. Spray the bike down, let it sit on it for @ 10 minutes and then wipe off with a clean microfiber towel. Fucking mirror polish and bugs and grim wouldn't stick to it. After a couple of coats yo could just wipe bugs guts off with a soft towel and that was it. I really miss that stuff.. fucking C.A.R.B. :fu:
its still available...
Spray Cleaner & Polish - Original Bike Spirits™

unless youre WarpSpeed WarpSpeed

WarpSpeed

BAMF+

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
Gregg what needs to be done to get paint ready to apply bead maker?

Would it be best to buff and polish the paint to remove contaminated materials?

ZX11 Man

BAMF
My corvette was ceramic coated. If it got dusty, just drive it down the street and the wind would clear it off 100%. Paint, glass and wheels were all coated and the car was literally never dirty the two years I owned it. You could just hose it down and what very little water that didn't immediately fall off could be blown off with a leaf blower. I could wash the car from start to finish in less than two minutes

BigGar

high on placebo
Gregg what needs to be done to get paint ready to apply bead maker?

Would it be best to buff and polish the paint to remove contaminated materials?
You can put it on pretty much anything at any time Scott. No big prep necessary. I just it like any quick detailer, it just lasts way longer and looks great. I like to clay cars as they just feel so smooth so that's always a good thing. Clay Magic Blue clay is the best IMHO. Then you can polish out whatever scratches and haze bother you, or not and just put it on. Exterior, interior, fuck, some people put it on their leather seats. I've never done that, but I might give it a whirl. Great on interior smooth plastics, touch screens, windows, etc... Leaves windows just a touch streaky. It's super subtle, but the bugs don't stick, rain don't stick, and the inside windows seem to stay cleaner longer.

Stites

You can put it on pretty much anything at any time Scott. No big prep necessary. I just it like any quick detailer, it just lasts way longer and looks great. I like to clay cars as they just feel so smooth so that's always a good thing. Clay Magic Blue clay is the best IMHO. Then you can polish out whatever scratches and haze bother you, or not and just put it on. Exterior, interior, fuck, some people put it on their leather seats. I've never done that, but I might give it a whirl. Great on interior smooth plastics, touch screens, windows, etc... Leaves windows just a touch streaky. It's super subtle, but the bugs don't stick, rain don't stick, and the inside windows seem to stay cleaner longer.

Awesome, my paint in the truck is 5 years old and showings it’s age after the winter weather we have annually. I try to stay up on and when I do it’s usually 8 hours of washing, buffing and waxing and that seems to be an annual gig that I have grown to dislike.

So to get out micro scratches should I start with clay to remove contamination and then a buff with 3Ms polish and detailer in with a two stage pad and then seal the fucker with that bead maker?

BigGar

high on placebo
I honestly don't know. Read some reviews and talk to car people up where you're at. I'm sure there's a few good guys up there. $250-500? Faaaaaack... No idea.

Stites

I honestly don't know. Read some reviews and talk to car people up where you're at. I'm sure there's a few good guys up there. $250-500? Faaaaaack... No idea.
It’s all good, I bought a gallon of the bead maker and will do both the wife’s car and my truck

Stites

Gar have you ever use The Last Coat? Was reading about it today.....that said my Bead Maker will be here Monday. Going to prep the cars this weekend

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
What does it cost to get a car Gar-azized?

Gar, before you answer I have two questions. How long would you need my car for, and are those prices in pesos or American money?

:)

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I'm assuming "$250-$500 IDK" means "a lot less than what I charge". :D

..unless of course you have 30-50 vehicles and then maybe we can talk.

BigGar

high on placebo
I pretty much just charge for my time and just depends on how far someone wants me to go with things I guess. A reasonably comprehensive 3-5 step clay / compound / polish / fine polish / orbital fine polish / final wax or spray coating paint correction (not colorsanding), engine light clean up, wheels detail, interior detail, glass, doorjambs, etc. . . Probably a full day job if the car is in decent condition (not an eight year old kidwagon that's had zero fucks given). Every car is different. Every client is different. I try to do to the car what my client wants done, but I also have a hard time turning it off. I'm not going to do a half-assed job because that's what their budget is, but if someone gives me a number to work with, I can usually let them know what I can and can't do for what they're looking to spend. I've been doing this shit too long to fuck myself over by agreeing to do a shitty car for a reasonable number and then spending way more time on it than I'm getting paid for. Been there. Done that too many times. New client hourly rate is $100-125 before LAB's discount. If I work with a helper, it adds $50 to the rate, but we're getting things done quite a bit faster.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
After doing my own cars.. specially the trucks.. You are selling your self cheap my friend. it is serious work to get a car show ready clean... and like Gregg said you cant turn it off as you find things to clean...

This V I have is the first car I actually Clean and wax the brake calipers. The amazing thing is what ever coating is on them Bembo calipers.. they clean up extremly well.

BigGar

high on placebo
Colorsanding is super time consuming work, as well as being labor intensive, beyond normal detailing labor intensive :) Happy to do that sort of work when I have time to do it, and a client with deep pockets to pay for it! It ain't all Lobster and Glo-Kote.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
can you Poly Kote a lobster painted Sierra Mistic Mountain Blue???

Years ago you posted a tip about using steel wool & rubbing compound. Now I got swirl marks & hail damage on my prized 22 yr old truck!! All your fault BigGar BigGar !!!20190921_122424.jpg

ysr_racer

I pretty much just charge for my time and just depends on how far someone wants me to go with things I guess.
It's my daily driver, so it doesn't have to be show quality. Next time I'm down in Oceanside, I'll ping you, and we'll set something up.

Thanks.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
It's my daily driver, so it doesn't have to be show quality. Next time I'm down in Oceanside, I'll ping you, and we'll set something up.

Thanks.
I find Gar loves when his customers have a shit ton of contingencies as part of the hiring process. At a minimum you should list 10 conditions under which you'd like your car detailed. He also likes when you blow up his phone!! :D

ysr_racer

I just have two, it looks better than it does now, and it doesn't require me hanging out in Oceanside all day.

Oh, and that I don't pay retail. So I guess it's three :)

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I been looking for a side molding as the car has not one ding. If I take to ANY parking lot here in NY you can have a sure bet some asshole will ding it.

My Escalade had a color effect thick molding that prevented door things. So far I havent found something I like

Stites

Today I washed my truck, then the wife and I coated the entire thing. After all that madness we stopped into Summit Racing and bought new 8” medium cut pads and fine pads along with cutting polish and glaze. She also helped me cut and buff the big bitch which took a few hours with the both of us. She put on the polish and I buffed it with my variable speed buffer. Afterwards we wiped down all the seems of the truck as they tend to fill with polish and glaze. And fuck once we were done with that because of all of the polish the buffer flings we washed the fucker again.

Other than some minor dings and a few light scratches I don’t think the paint hasn’t looked this good since new. Excited to apply the Bead Maker Monday when it comes in tomorrow.

Fuck if I didn’t promise the wife we would do the same to her car tomorrow. Thankfully it’s silver and much smaller than the pig of a truck I drive.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Today I washed my truck, then the wife and I coated the entire thing. After all that madness we stopped into Summit Racing and bought new 8” medium cut pads and fine pads along with cutting polish and glaze. She also helped me cut and buff the big bitch which took a few hours with the both of us. She put on the polish and I buffed it with my variable speed buffer. Afterwards we wiped down all the seems of the truck as they tend to fill with polish and glaze. And fuck once we were done with that because of all of the polish the buffer flings we washed the fucker again.

Other than some minor dings and a few light scratches I don’t think the paint hasn’t looked this good since new. Excited to apply the Bead Maker Monday when it comes in tomorrow.

Fuck if I didn’t promise the wife we would do the same to her car tomorrow. Thankfully it’s silver and much smaller than the pig of a truck I drive.

Took me six days to get the paint where I was happy with the results on the V... it may be smaller. But it has a lot of hidden areas.. in the trunk, under the hood, in the door jams. Yes I clayed and waxed every pained part on the car. :)

Where are the after pics of the truck

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Cleaning jambs and soft plastic is the worst part of the job, IMO.
I feel like I shouldn't have to worry about that stuff.
I'm sure there is a polish or wax out there that makes it so.
I just haven't found it yet.
And I'm sure it doesn't shine or last as well as the stuff that makes jambs & soft plastic look like crap.

Top Bottom