Del Taco coming to town.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I hope the place is good, all we have now is Taco Hell. I can' t remember if I've ever been to one. If I have, it was decades ago. How long after a new joint opens, do you give it to work the bugs out?

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
It's basically a Taco Bell.

They have a great burrito with french fries in it.
And the super cheap fish tacos are tasty.
The sauce has the same texture/packets like Taco Bell has.
The Macho Fries (if they still sell them) came in a 32oz cup. Crinkle cut and taste good.

They came to Austin for a year or two and then closed up and went back West.

Oh, and they bizarely had a cheeseburger. I can't remember the details but it was one of my favorite cheap 2AM foods after I got out of the bar.

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
The best? C'mon now......, out of ALL the fries in the World?

Link? 不不不
I stand by my claim

The genius of McDonald's is the scale and that you can be in any armpit on this planet, you will always find the Golden Arches and know exactly what to expect

That goes a long way when you find yourself somewhere off the beaten path and McDonald's is the only alternative to crispy silkworms or some such

Austin_F

BAMF+
I hope the place is good, all we have now is Taco Hell. I can' t remember if I've ever been to one. If I have, it was decades ago. How long after a new joint opens, do you give it to work the bugs out?
I would think the best tyme to go is right after opening.

Equipment is brand new, fresh oil in the fryers, all the ingredients just delivered, mold mildew rat droppings etc haven't had time to build up.

Right after opening is the cleanest the kitchen will ever be.

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF
I stand by my claim

The genius of McDonald's is the scale and that you can be in any armpit on this planet, you will always find the Golden Arches and know exactly what to expect

That goes a long way when you find yourself somewhere off the beaten path and McDonald's is the only alternative to crispy silkworms or some such

Not true. Depending on country, menu changes a lot and some items don't tastes anything like American McD's.

Ninjaman12R

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
I stand by my claim

I can agree with you on that.

CZLoco

McDonalds "fries" are the only ones that still taste edible after three hours sitting under the heat lamp.
All greasy and limp in the fry box but I can still chow down on them.

Vegas12

BAMF+
McDonalds "fries" are the only ones that still taste edible after three hours sitting under the heat lamp.
All greasy and limp in the fry box but I can still chow down on them.
I respectfully disagree.....McDonald's fries have to be eaten seconds out of the fryer or they're nasty.

I always order them "fresh" and wait.

Rocco

BAM
Visited a brand new Del Taco in Phoenix. While we are eating our lunch, a cockroach scoots by on the floor, than another and still another. The wife goes up to the condiment bar and finds a dead roach in the lemon slice tray. Wife complains to the manager about it and the manager just shrug's his shoulders and walks away. First impressions are lasting impressions and we haven't walked into a Del Taco since.

-

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Del Taco kicks Taco Bell's ass, even for basic items like Bean Burrito's and Taco's. Much better ground beef seasonings and it's less greasy. A lot more is made fresh onsite, vs. large sealed bags of muck that Taco Bell boils/heats up and dumps in to their bins.
um... the problem with those places is the fucking people working there. I would much rather patronize a local taco truck vs eating shit with french fries and the owner/workers have pride in the product they are producing

CZLoco

um... the problem with those places is the fucking people working there. I would much rather patronize a local taco truck vs eating shit with french fries and the owner/workers have pride in the product they are producing
Roach Coaches?
You'll find just as much variety in cleanliness with those.
Some truly live up to the name "roach coach".

But yeah, a lot of them are amazing.
But unfortunately (for me), all of them are more traditional mexican food.
I prefer americanized mexican food for some things. Especially hot sauce. For tacos and burritos at least, I absolutely love Taco Bell or Del Taco hot sauce. I don't like the thicker/lumpy traditional mexican salsa sauces as much.
And I can't stand wet tacos filled with all that green stuff. Cilantro? It's good when used sparingly, but they use it like freaking parmesan cheese around here.

Last edited:

Austin_F

BAMF+
Yeah not a fan of the taco trucks. 'authentic' tacos are disgusting.

Give me an american taco with fresh tomatoes, sour cream, and cold crunchy lettuce all mixed together to explode in your mouth on the first bite, hell yeah brother.

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Not true. Depending on country, menu changes a lot and some items don't tastes anything like American McD's.
True

I've seen the menu augmented with local themed food but I've yet to visit one that didn't have the core items like hamburger/cheeseburger/fries/royale with cheese

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF
True

I've seen the menu augmented with local themed food but I've yet to visit one that didn't have the core items like hamburger/cheeseburger/fries/royale with cheese
I've had cheeseburger in Paris that didn't tastes the same (fries and coke where the same).
I'm guessing it comes down where meat comes from or what caws eat...

tinhead

Has never named a pet
What does Goat have to do with Venison? Completely different animals.

And I have never heard of Elk referred to as Venison. Venison is Deer meat.
A deer is just a weak goat. Hooves, antlers, eats grass and leaves. The same as humans and monkeys taste alike.

Venison originally described meat of any game animal killed by hunting[3] and was applied to any animal from the families Cervidae (deer), Leporidae (hares), Suidae (wild pigs), and certain species of the genus Capra (goats and ibex).

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
we used to have a BBQ place that listed all kinds of critters on its building awning. Armadillo, etc.
If I wanted to squelch my appetite...I could just drive by and want to vomit.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
A deer is just a weak goat. Hooves, antlers, eats grass and leaves. The same as humans and monkeys taste alike.

Venison originally described meat of any game animal killed by hunting[3] and was applied to any animal from the families Cervidae (deer), Leporidae (hares), Suidae (wild pigs), and certain species of the genus Capra (goats and ibex).
Stick to Mickey Ds commie

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Woo woo you hunt. :roll:
I've had a hunting license longer than you've been alive. A deer is just a big goat.
They even interbreed.

I hunt, AND went to school, too!

Top Bottom