Damn cheap Federal brass. You load it five or seven...

Truth

Busa Riding Old Bass
Some serious pressure judging from the crator inflicted onto the side primer

Some serious pressure judging from the crator inflicted onto the side primer
Case head looks fine. Probably just worn out.

I've seen 9mm loaded to major that you could barely make out the brand of brass, because the lettering had been smashed flat.

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
Seriously though Brad, if you're truly interested in extending the life of your brass you can get a cheap hobby kiln and anneal them after firing.

OP
ysr_racer

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Seriously though Brad, if you're truly interested in extending the life of your brass you can get a cheap hobby kiln and anneal them after firing.
Hey Rockefeller, I don't have "kiln money" like you do. The best I can do is my granddaughter's Easy Bake Oven.

Will that work?

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
Hey Rockefeller, I don't have "kiln money" like you do. The best I can do is my granddaughter's Easy Bake Oven.

Will that work?
Depends on how much longer you plan on reloading. Brass is expensive. If memory serves cartridge brass anneals below 500Ā°F. You could do them in the kitchen if you dont mind the residual heat.

While I'm spending your money I'd also recommend an economical thermocouple setup like Cisqo had on his doomed Grom.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Depends on how much longer you plan on reloading. Brass is expensive. If memory serves cartridge brass anneals below 500Ā°F. You could do them in the kitchen if you dont mind the residual heat.

While I'm spending your money I'd also recommend an economical thermocouple setup like Cisqo had on his doomed Grom.
Just use a propane torch, like I do on head gaskets.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Do you check and trim your brass before reloading?

Snail

Did you clean the failed brass or is that how it looked out of the gun fresh fired, not cleaned?

OP
ysr_racer

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Did you clean the failed brass or is that how it looked out of the gun fresh fired, not cleaned?
Yes, I dry tumble all my brass prior to loading it. I knew there was a "nager in the wood pile" when I poured the brass into a box.

I could hear it "clinking"

Snail

Measure it. You might be seating the bullets too deep (via machine set coal) on your older brass.

Top Bottom