Dallas electric MOTOR startup is cookin' with gas...

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
Linear labs

"These features produce a highly compact motor with two to five times the torque density, at least three times the power density and at least twice the total output of any conventional permanent magnet motor of the same size. This also eliminates the need for gearing in many applications, reducing costs and weight while gaining 10-20% more range from a given battery pack."

I love this kind of shit. Father and son team with serious creds and now $5M in seed funding about to rock the planet

Home - Linear Labs

Last edited:

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
seriously the stupid colors make it really hard to read

pimpslayer

BAMF+
Sounds too good to be true, like lots of vapor ware.

If they just claimed 20% here, 20% there, an overall gain of 20% range...it would be more believable.

Need to wait until some independent testing is done...I hope it's true.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Not too long ago the capabilities of a model s were thought to be too good to be true.

Or how about a rocket that returns from space and lands on the head of a pin?

tinhead

Has never named a pet
So they have millions of dollars, and some computer renderings.
All they are missing is a product. There's not even a model.

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Not too long ago the capabilities of a model s were thought to be too good to be true.
I would disagree. The first cars (carriages really) were electric. The technology was always limited by the battery. Electric carriages were 2-3 times more expensive than ICE carriages. Everyone (the automotive industry, consumers, etc.) knew that electric power was the best choice over ICE and steam, but lacked battery technology. In the early days it wasn't as big a deal as it was uncommon to travel very far. Roads were poorly maintained outside of your local area.

It wasn't "to good to be true"... more like not feasible when money is an object and money is always an object. :wink:

BilletMan

BAMF+
Have they built a prototype? If you've done all that work on the computer, build the motherfucker!

Last edited:
This is the last we'll hear of them.

Remember the 100 mpg carburetor?
I have a paper written by Boeing of a study they did on the 200 mpg carburator. It clearly states that yes, you could manufacture a unit that would meter precisely enough to allow 200 mpg. They also pointed out that the mixture would be so lean the engine it was on would have 0 power and would melt down under load. They probably received millions of tax dollars for the study.

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
In other news, GM and VW are sending their hybrids to the historic trash heap

All EV going forward

GM to rollout 20 new EVs in the next 4 years

Austin_F

BAMF+
I would disagree. The first cars (carriages really) were electric. The technology was always limited by the battery. Electric carriages were 2-3 times more expensive than ICE carriages. Everyone (the automotive industry, consumers, etc.) knew that electric power was the best choice over ICE and steam, but lacked battery technology. In the early days it wasn't as big a deal as it was uncommon to travel very far. Roads were poorly maintained outside of your local area.

It wasn't "to good to be true"... more like not feasible when money is an object and money is always an object. :wink:
I was referring more to the idea of hundreds and hundreds of miles on a charge, combined with the ability to drive itself to your door, etc.

BilletMan

BAMF+
I'd like to see that report....it's beyond the theoretical efficiency of the Otto cycle process. Today with GDI and high compression ratio, 200 mpg is nowhere in sight.....that whole thing is complete bullshit!
I have a paper written by Boeing of a study they did on the 200 mpg carburator. It clearly states that yes, you could manufacture a unit that would meter precisely enough to allow 200 mpg. They also pointed out that the mixture would be so lean the engine it was on would have 0 power and would melt down under load. They probably received millions of tax dollars for the study.

Top Bottom