current phase of my local bike scene

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
is cops...

...thats the current phase. Every couple of years theres a new bigger (for here) influx of guys, it takes a little while but they get braver and braver, I just heard them a moment ago, a mile from my shop. Probably 10-12 or more sport bikes throttling the highway to the "look out" that has been the center of the riding scene here since the 80's...or at least thats when I started going there.

So now the cops are, once again, pissed. We go for years with no interaction, most people riding either by them selves or with one other person. But this 10-15 guys at a time deal really gets the local residents up in arms. Cops are setting up with laser detection on the straight right before the look out. You could come out of a nice banked left at about 70 and roll it to 120 or so. Speed limit is 30....pretty big on the ticket scale.

The current group, good guys all of them (met most of them) , just haven't figured it out. They're 20s and 30s, first bike, maybe second, some impressive choices too. About half wear leathers at least. After that its an assortment of partial collections of some with jackets, some with "pants" that are supposed to be protective....bascially one notch above a levi's? Its a really small notch. At least they almost all wear helmets.

I just encourage them to stay off the guard rails....

KEHALE

BAMF with a stick
The police are out in force in Malibu and the hills surrounding.

Revenue generating coupons are being handed out like last years Halloween candy.

I always considered the final few months of the year to be crunch time for them, try to grab as much cash as they can.
Giving out holiday cheer, unexpected holiday bills.

GSXRN99

CAPSLOCK
Hwy 33 in VC still low cops. Just did a hyper run this AM. Not a cop in sight. Got good mental health at the moment.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I think the uptick in ticket coupons is directly related to the lock downs and now the cites towns and municipalities need a cash flow generator. Here speed cameras and red cameras are going up EVERYWHERE even on small side streets.

Top Bottom