COVID-19 front line update

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Spoke with the Lab Tech yesterday.
His suggestion is to take vitamin D3, 50 mcg (2000iu) but, no more that 10,000iu a day and that should keep the virus at bay.
The older you are 50 - up more D3 you need up to the above limit.
Young teenagers have growth still going on so you won't need as much D3.
Blood testing would be helpful but as long as you don't go nuts and poison yourself you should be fine.

Alternately, one could spend some time out in the bright sunshine to get your vitamin D naturally.
For pasty "white" people, you only need about 15 minutes around noon each day.
For folks with lots of melanin, you'd need a full 8 hours in the sunshine to get the same amount.

He's not a fan of President Trump, to say the least and thinks it's all been handled very poorly from the start.
The ships should have been allowed into port and effective testing begun immediately, he says.

That way they could have found the common factors much more quickly.

He isn't really that concerned about it as it's not anything like it could have been infection rate wise.
99% won't get deathly sick without the underlying health issues that complicate surviving; what with the numbers he's been seeing.

Continue to practice basic hygiene that we all should have learned as small children.
Wearing masks are along the lines of buying all the toilet paper.
It's doing something physical about something we all have little control over.
In case this got lost in all the horse shit that came after it.

Take it however you will.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
...how did you get stuck in that shit...???...jump in...???....

...only two new graves this week...
They asked for retirees in the skill set and certs needed to help out. I can not sit by and not help in a shit storm it's just something that is inside me being. Besides I have the best of the best PPE given to me to complete the job. But more importantly I know how to put on, take off, and dispose of PPE to keep my self as safe as possible. They test weekly to see if infected but so far I'm free of antibodies or virus.

Little known fact about FEMA is they are extremely undermaned so much so that some in their respected grades should not be there as they don't have the certs to be in those positions. They are fixing that but it is slow.

It's been a shit show for sure... I figure by December IF there truly is a second wave the shit storm shall return. Specially with the general stupidity of the general public.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I probably should have headed up that way myself...

...would have been much less stressful.

But, I really am needed here and it's nice to be needed...

...sometimes.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I probably should have headed up that way myself...

...would have been much less stressful.

But, I really am needed here and it's nice to be needed...

...sometimes.
First month was stressful ... probably due to wonder when the fuck was my turn to contract this thing and throw the dice with death .... but after the fifth week of getting tested I just figured it's not my time yet.

Top Bottom