COVID-19 front line update

OP

simon520

Fixes humans and shoots everything else
No shit.

that actually makes aLOT of sense.
We have found out that ventilators are futile, essentially. There is an 80% chance you’re NOT getting off that ventilator alive. That’s WAY different than usual- healthy young people have a 5% or less chance of dying on a ventilator Plus we’re seeing a different picture than ARDS or pneumonia just like the article states.
Current group-think is to use high PEEP and early intubation (mostly to save exposure to other caregivers if you have to do it emergently).

We KNOW ITS NOT REGULAR PNEUMONIA OR ARDS.

what the fuck is it? This article actually makes sense.
Plus it explains the strokes and heart attacks we’re seeing if people survive

OP

simon520

We had a patient go for ECMO (essentially heart lung bypass). We don’t have the capability to do it for longer than a typical surgery length. It’s very resource intensive and people are in a very low survival category if they need ECMO (you’ve failed ventilation- still can’t oxygenate you despite the vent and 100% oxygen).

the pt survived but then had a stroke. Healthy you g pts don’t have strokes in an intensive care setting. Just doesn’t fucking happen. So this is something way different and we’re grasping at straws.
Transfusions of convalescent serum seem to be working but maybe for the wrong reason than we think.

Hapo

Dog Boy

Dr. Duc Vuong, the World's #1 Weight Loss Surgeon and author, explains Cytokine Storm in an easy and understandable way. It is ultimately this immune response that allows coronavirus infection to progress to pneumonia, ARDS, sepsi, and eventually death.

Last edited:
OP

simon520

how is it all these celebrities seem to make full recoveries after being in "ICU"?

us regular po folk just happen to all be in that 80%?
no.

there’s one practice that drives me fucking nuts.It’s the idea that there is a “VIP” in the hospital. They get treated differently. And that’s a problem.

so you’ll put a celebrity in the ICU who really doesn’t belong there because you’re doing “more” for them. Once you deviate from a protocol, you’re doing harm. I got news for you. I treat everyone with the same loving care. I don’t give afuck if you’re the president of Nigeria; you get the same care from me. Mostly because think I treat folks the same no matterwhatwalk of life they come from. But mostly because I don’t really like people and everyone gets my shitty attitude. Also because the implication is that we are NOT treating the rest of the people well and only VIP’s are getting the “right” treatment. Bullshit.

the celebs are surviving because they aren’t sick to begin with. Thus they seem to survive an ICU stay whereas little people don’t.
I’d hate to be the douchebag taking care of Boris Johnson, for example.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...what do you think of that chink doctor's opinions...???...(Simon not tinhead :razz:)

Brokenfly

BAMF+
no.

there’s one practice that drives me fucking nuts.It’s the idea that there is a “VIP” in the hospital. They get treated differently. And that’s a problem.

so you’ll put a celebrity in the ICU who really doesn’t belong there because you’re doing “more” for them. Once you deviate from a protocol, you’re doing harm. I got news for you. I treat everyone with the same loving care. I don’t give afuck if you’re the president of Nigeria; you get the same care from me. Mostly because think I treat folks the same no matterwhatwalk of life they come from. But mostly because I don’t really like people and everyone gets my shitty attitude. Also because the implication is that we are NOT treating the rest of the people well and only VIP’s are getting the “right” treatment. Bullshit.

the celebs are surviving because they aren’t sick to begin with. Thus they seem to survive an ICU stay whereas little people don’t.
I’d hate to be the douchebag taking care of Boris Johnson, for example.

OP

simon520

...what do you think of that chink doctor's opinions...???...(Simon not tinhead :razz:)
shit man I don’t have 40 mins to waste but cytokine storm is basically what kills these folks. So if he explains it in a way you can understand then great.

just know there has been decades of research on cytokines storm and the release of inflammatory substances during sepsis and ARDS and fulminant organ failure. Pretty much every single time we’ve identified a specific substance that causes inflammation and they’ve devised a substance to block or moderate it- it works well in the lab but does not translate into clinical success. Fundamentally we don’t know why things work well in the test tube but don’t work in the human body. It’s probably because this is such a complex process; there’s probably so many different pathways and chemicals with many different ways to triggger the storm that blocking one or two triggers makes no difference.
So things like vitamin c and steroids and IL-6 are used in sepsis and there are anecdotal reports they help but no big studies showing a consistent benefit.

What we need is someway to assess the status of somebody’s inflammation when they first show it and monitor continuously and when they start to worsen use whatever specific substance or more likely combination of substances that block(s) the specific pathway(s) that’s being activated. I suspect there’s probably 10 different pathways to starting a cytokine storm and that’s why I One two or even three agents don’t consistently work because there’s many different ways of triggering it. you have to have a very specific tailored response which is not possible right now.
That’s why for some folks using malaria drugs works. But not others. And why only SOME people get fulminant disease and most others don’t. Your outcome is almost certainly dependent on your genetics and specific proteins you produce in the inflammatory pathway.

shit man I don’t have 40 mins to waste but cytokine storm is basically what kills these folks. So if he explains it in a way you can understand then great.
He spends 38 minutes asking you to like and share his video and trying to be funny while throwing in random cuss words to the detriment of the point he's trying to make.
2 minutes explaining the phenomenon.
As a guy who has bad asthma and inflammation issues, I get the general picture. One good whiff of coronavirus and my body will eat itself alive.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
got my eye on this place...with a partner.

In the BUG OUT cabin, for the next couple of weeks, Adirondack Mountains (inside park)..1/4 mile drive way, hunting motion-detectors alerts if anything on driveway...only 4G LTE for internet..kinda slow..

View attachment 33096

Rhino

K-9 BAMF

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
That looks like it has great potential. Whats the zoning?

BigGar

high on placebo

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
I talked at length with my brother about that yesterday Paul. Pretty compelling stuff. I'm curious what Simon's take is on it.
The past 48 hours or so have seen a huge revelation: COVID-19 causes prolonged and progressive hypoxia (starving your body of oxygen) by binding to the heme groups in hemoglobin in your red blood cells. People are simply desaturating (losing o2 in their blood), and that’s what eventually leads to organ failures that kill them, not any form of ARDS or pneumonia. All the damage to the lungs you see in CT scans are from the release of oxidative iron from the hemes, this overwhelms the natural defenses against pulmonary oxidative stress and causes that nice, always-bilateral ground glass opacity in the lungs. Patients returning for re-hospitalization days or weeks after recovery suffering from apparent delayed post-hypoxic leukoencephalopathy strengthen the notion COVID-19 patients are suffering from hypoxia despite no signs of respiratory ‘tire out’ or fatigue.

nomad

BAMF

Dr. Duc Vuong, the World's #1 Weight Loss Surgeon and author, explains Cytokine Storm in an easy and understandable way. It is ultimately this immune response that allows coronavirus infection to progress to pneumonia, ARDS, sepsi, and eventually death.
He says Morbid Obesity s #1 risk factor for death from CV. Why does this plastic surgeon bug me so much?

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I talked at length with my brother about that yesterday Paul. Pretty compelling stuff. I'm curious what Simon's take is on it.
I'm still waiting to talk with my uncle who works in a lab but, I have talked with my aunt, a surgeon, and she found it compelling.
Uncle has only had time to plate stuff and ship it out for the testing but is handling it daily.
Lucky he's a germaphobe and OCD so, not much chance he contract it through casual contact.

Austin_F

BAMF+
I thought Simon commented on it the other day? He mentioned how patients were dying on respirators and no one could figure out why.

I read an article this morning that backed up Simon, ventilators aren't working very well at all and they are finding high oxygen through the nose is working fairly well in some cases.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
My Aunt read the paper on the hemoglobin hyjacking article mentioned earlier here, somewhere.

Says it makes sense that it is the issue, with some patients and covid19.
Haven't spoken with the Lab Tech yet as he just got home last night and needs a day to decompress but, it should be an interesting discussion.
I'll share it once it happens.

OP

simon520

I’m good
Just slept the sleep of the dead- was up 40 hours straight. Not necessarily do the Covid it’s just people picked some bad times to go on vacation. But they choose the dates months in advance how the hell were they to know.

we are paid to work 24 shifts; if we’re dumb enough to work 26 (I.e. every other week on) we don’t get paid extra. So they went on “vacation;” basically sitting at home. And I got paid extra to cover them.

People smarter than me pointed out that that’s actually a way to get paid for your vacation by taking a vacation week. Then volunteering to cover the week you’re down a person (you get paid overtime for extra shifts). It worked a few times until they figured it out.

I’d covered a week by splitting it with another dude. So I did 11 days straight then 3 days off then 7 days on. It’s a tough 21 days with 3 days off. And I picked the absolute worst time in history to do that. We set it up months in advance it just so happened to coincide with the peak COVID time. Me and the other dude have the distinction of being the most “exposed” docs on the team.

still alive tho.

OP

simon520

I’d caution anyone thinking there is one specific cause of these complications by the Covid virus. It basically activates a inflammatory pathway or pathways that have many chemical mediators and I’m sure there’s many substances involved. There’s a lot of theories but I think it’s all going to be moot because in 18 months we will either have a vaccine or everyone will have been exposed to it.

when you look at disease theory and transmission this isolation policy makes sense but the problem is the benefit exists indefinitely because covid is so highly infectious.

The following is pure conjecture and does not necessarily reflect the core beliefs of Dr. Simon:

now that we realize 80% of people who get on a ventilator die the whole ventilator shortage thing isn’t as much of a crisis as one would think. In fact having hospital bed shortages isn’t much of a crisis. What you need is oxygen and if somebody can’t be fixed with supplemental oxygen they’re probably going to die or if they’re really sick with diabetes and other medical problems they’re going to be so fucked up it’s probably not worth expanding the resources on them. Now that we’re seeing the damage to the economy and the fact people will die or suffer due to the economy, You have to weigh the risks benefits and alternatives and it may turn out that the best thing to do was let the covid run its course. I know that sounds wacko and crazy but my fear is this economic damage may lead to serious food shortages and more people dying from that then they would have from the virus. I hope I’m wrong. But all along the argument has been we need to look at population health not individual people so if the goal is reducing the total number of deaths, it might’ve been better to let the disease run. We will know in a year.

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Simons tome, sums it up... The chances of catching it still 50 50 like with all...

I think Simons asymptomatic, I hope for his sake... I think I am too. I think it's been here longer than the first cases appeared.

I think it's deadly and shitty for about 10 to 30 percent.

I think we have to eventually cut loose... It will be back... Right after summer....

I refuse to wear a mask.... It lessens humanity.

I would however wear one if I was sick.

nomad

BAMF
but my fear is this economic damage may lead to serious food shortages and more people dying from that then they would have from the virus. I hope I’m wrong. But all along the argument has been we need to look at population health not individual people so if the goal is reducing the total number of deaths, it might’ve been better to let the disease run. We will know in a year.
Certainly the case in India

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Simons tome, sums it up... The chances of catching it still 50 50 like with all...

I think Simons asymptomatic, I hope for his sake... I think I am too. I think it's been here longer than the first cases appeared.

I think it's deadly and shitty for about 10 to 30 percent.

I think we have to eventually cut loose... It will be back... Right after summer....

I refuse to wear a mask.... It lessens humanity.

I would however wear one if I was sick.
you think too much

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
Why are the World’s Top Vaccine Promoters Frantically Warning About the Frightening Dangers in Developing a Coronavirus Vaccine?
April 14, 2020 4:38 pm

Why are the world’s top vaccine promoters, like Paul Offit and Peter Hotez, frantically warning us about the unique and frightening dangers inherent in developing a coronavirus vaccine? Scientists first attempted to develop coronavirus vaccines after China’s 2002 SARS-CoV outbreak. Teams of US & foreign scientists vaccinated animals with the four most promising vaccines. At first, the experiment seemed successful as all the animals developed a robust antibody response to coronavirus. However, when the scientists exposed the vaccinated animals to the wild virus, the results were horrifying. Vaccinated animals suffered hyper-immune responses including inflammation throughout their bodies, especially in their lungs. Researchers had seen this same “enhanced immune response” during human testing of the failed RSV vaccine tests in the 1960s. Two children died. In this video footage, Offit, Hotez and even Anthony Fauci (in an unguarded moment), warn that any new coronavirus vaccine could trigger lethal immune reactions “vaccine enhancement” when vaccinated people come in contact with the wild virus. Instead of proceeding with caution, Fauci has made the reckless choice to fast track vaccines, partially funded by Gates, without critical animal studies before moving into human clinical trials that could provide early warning of runaway immune response. Gates (in the video) is so worried about the danger of adverse events that he says vaccines shouldn’t be distributed until governments agree to indemnity against lawsuits. On February 4, 2020, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website, there were only 11 active CV cases in the USA, yet the U.S. quietly pushed through Federal regulations giving coronavirus vaccine makers full immunity from liability.
Read More...

CID

BAMF+
I know that sounds wacko and crazy but my fear is this economic damage may lead to serious food shortages and more people dying from that then they would have from the virus. I hope I’m wrong. But all along the argument has been we need to look at population health not individual people so if the goal is reducing the total number of deaths, it might’ve been better to let the disease run. We will know in a year.
There it is folks... the first ray of sunshine in our healthcare industry. TRUTH.

Of course the deaths that ensue from poverty and starvation caused by economic collapse will be counted as covid deaths instead.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Simon, thanks for keeping us informed. I have a question if you get time to respond.

Im 72, good health, not on any meds. If i get sick should i just stay home and ride it out, or should i go to the local rural hospital? Is there anything they csn do for me?

Its easy for me to remain isolated, but i have to expose myself occasionslly to retrieve mail and buy food.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Simon.. what if they look at this as say high altitude sickness and treat with Acetazolamide? Would that be better then incubation and a respirator?

Anonymous Elvis 13

Anonymous Lurker Poop
Herd immunity needs to happen!

Simon, I've been reading that the tested ( hospitalized) are only 15-20% of actual infected. That tells me 85-90% are getting infected and recovering.

Does that seem correct with what you're seeing?

Sent from my REVVL 2 using Tapatalk

Wretch

amazingly graceful
My Aunt read the paper on the hemoglobin hyjacking article mentioned earlier here, somewhere.

Says it makes sense that it is the issue, with some patients and covid19.
Haven't spoken with the Lab Tech yet as he just got home last night and needs a day to decompress but, it should be an interesting discussion.
I'll share it once it happens.
Spoke with the Lab Tech yesterday.
His suggestion is to take vitamin D3, 50 mcg (2000iu) but, no more that 10,000iu a day and that should keep the virus at bay.
The older you are 50 - up more D3 you need up to the above limit.
Young teenagers have growth still going on so you won't need as much D3.
Blood testing would be helpful but as long as you don't go nuts and poison yourself you should be fine.

Alternately, one could spend some time out in the bright sunshine to get your vitamin D naturally.
For pasty "white" people, you only need about 15 minutes around noon each day.
For folks with lots of melanin, you'd need a full 8 hours in the sunshine to get the same amount.

He's not a fan of President Trump, to say the least and thinks it's all been handled very poorly from the start.
The ships should have been allowed into port and effective testing begun immediately, he says.

That way they could have found the common factors much more quickly.

He isn't really that concerned about it as it's not anything like it could have been infection rate wise.
99% won't get deathly sick without the underlying health issues that complicate surviving; what with the numbers he's been seeing.

Continue to practice basic hygiene that we all should have learned as small children.
Wearing masks are along the lines of buying all the toilet paper.
It's doing something physical about something we all have little control over.

Top Bottom