COVID-19 front line update

A start up, not any medical authority anywhere in the world, but a start up
Doctors noticed issues long before AI did and IF the system worked as intended, the appropriate global authorities would have been notified. Obviously not the case with China. What's your point? Health officials need to be scouring ticket flight data to detect an anomaly that might link to a health emergency? The AI is doing exactly what it's supposed to?

Nonetheless, the Pope could have been fisting a hooker months ago on a global live broadcast as a glass bottle with a scroll announcing the arrival of Covid dropped out of her ass and the government STILL would have bungled the response. They HAVE BEEN bungling the emergency response for years. We're not prepared for this.

Years of bioterror weapons classes/training/education/scenarios/drills post-9/11 and here we fucking are, caught on the shitter with our pants down around our ankles with a biological threat. To make matters worse, we have the poor luck of having a complete fucking buffoon at the wheel.

I've lived in many countries spanning a spectrum of health care, from private to socialized, and it's the same story everywhere...always bellyaching for more funding while the internal waste and management incompetence is obscene
Hey, capitalism man. Why buy extra ventilators if you're not going to use them? What's the incentive to waste money to have the physical means to address a once in a century global pandemic?

Why is it the HOSPITALS job to make sure they can accommodate an entire fucking city getting sick and needing ICU level care? Not their problem. They meet JACHO standards to get that sweet sweet Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement and that's it.

This is a government planning and policy failure.

At 18:00 or local time every evening, people start banging pots and pans around the world in solidarity with the 'front line health care responders ', I'm like 'do your fucking job that's what you signed up for'
Who the fuck do you think it banging pots and pans? Bored doctors? Unemployed respiratory therapists?

It's your dipshit webdev neighbors and their AirBNB renters.

Fuck off, I hope the ruckus continues.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
You've been defending your old business partners every time someone mentions China in a negative light. If it wasn't for Trump you would STILL gladly be shaking hands with those scumbags. The same hands that approve of torturing dogs before eating them. Whoever pays you the most gets your approval no matter what else they do.

Maybe I'm an asshole, maybe I'm overreacting to those pictures and videos I've seen the last few months.

I don't think so. And I don't give a fuck what you think is chickenshit.

Have a nice evening.
Snail is the type of guy who would kill off the whole forest if the chinks were buying. Wood, animals, whales, whatever it takes to put some dollars in his greedy pockets.
Type of guy that looks at profit over life or nature.
He would cut every tree in Oregon if the
buyers pay on time.

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
Triggered Anal - sounds like a choice handle for a new labs member

I've seen a parade of tweets from surgeon generals saying masks are ineffective, tweets from local government reps advising to carry on with China lunar new year celebrations in NYC...not because Trump misinformed them, but tweets in defiance of Trump...because Trump derangement syndrome. I wish I bookmarked all of those tweets and backed the truck up on your brain addled post...

Medical authorities and institutions around the world failed us, full stop

I've seen a parade of tweets from surgeon generals saying masks are ineffective, tweets from local government reps advising to carry on with China lunar new year celebrations in NYC...not because Trump misinformed them, but tweets in defiance of Trump...because Trump derangement syndrome. I wish I bookmarked all of those tweets and backed the truck up on your brain addled post...
Please, you act like you're the only dipshit around here with access to Twitter. I've seen those same tweets. There is a lot of confusion because there is a dearth of solid information about the Coronavirus. And lots of the initial data was conflicting. It doesn't help that the epicenter was in China.

As more information comes out, guidelines will change - droplet size and distance, the fact that it can stay suspended for up to 3 hours. How long it's viable on different surfaces and materials.

To explain a nuance that is lost on you from one of your examples- masks are ineffective for airborne precautions. Period, full stop. You need N95 respirators for that. Those are the government guidelines for the airborne viruses like measles, mumps, TB, Covid, whatever. THAT is different from suggesting that everyone wear a surgical mask - that cuts down on transmission. At some point, the government is going to say fuck it, it's better than nothing. And better to exacerbate a run on supplies than to keep the public in the dark. I'd hope anyways. Who the fuck knows with Trump. But it doesn't negate the idea that is ineffective for airborne precautions.

I agree the medical authorities are failing around the world. But as I said previously, those are government agencies first and healthcare organizations second.

Explain.

Doctors noticed issues long before AI did and IF the system worked as intended, the appropriate global authorities would have been notified. Obviously not the case with China. What's your point? Health officials need to be scouring ticket flight data to detect an anomaly that might link to a health emergency? The AI is doing exactly what it's supposed to?

Nonetheless, the Pope could have been fisting a hooker months ago on a global live broadcast as a glass bottle with a scroll announcing the arrival of Covid dropped out of her ass and the government STILL would have bungled the response. They HAVE BEEN bungling the emergency response for years. We're not prepared for this.

Years of bioterror weapons classes/training/education/scenarios/drills post-9/11 and here we fucking are, caught on the shitter with our pants down around our ankles with a biological threat. To make matters worse, we have the poor luck of having a complete fucking buffoon at the wheel.

Hey, capitalism man. Why buy extra ventilators if you're not going to use them? What's the incentive to waste money to have the physical means to address a once in a century global pandemic?

Why is it the HOSPITALS job to make sure they can accommodate an entire fucking city getting sick and needing ICU level care? Not their problem. They meet JACHO standards to get that sweet sweet Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement and that's it.

This is a government planning and policy failure.

Who the fuck do you think it banging pots and pans? Bored doctors? Unemployed respiratory therapists?

It's your dipshit webdev neighbors and their AirBNB renters.

Fuck off, I hope the ruckus continues.
Well too bad sometimes people have to die. Cannot be prepared for every eventuality. Some of the whack job liberals here would have hell in a real national emergency!

Trumpanzees to health workers - “quit your bellyaching, it’s what you signed up for!”

Trumpanzees to non-conscripted servicemen - “thank you for your service”
LOL the poor liberal idiot tries to make a point and ends up with his unit in his mouth. (liberals like to do that) :) . HC workers can walk away and go home if the bedpans get too stinky. TRY THAT IN THE MILITARY.......

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Trumpanzees to health workers - “quit your bellyaching, it’s what you signed up for!”

Trumpanzees to non-conscripted servicemen - “thank you for your service”

I am on a first responder private group and a few Bus (ambulance) drivers are saying how they don't want to go into a heaving hot spot area if called to transfer to a hot location. I figure most are more from rual areas that don't get hard core trama as some of the more super active areas or have not been through a situation where you yourself have the possibility of getting yourself jammed up but still put your ass on the line. Right now anyone that is working with the sick has their ass on the line. Its not a place for the weak minded crowd but this is the world we decided to go into to help strangers so others may live.

This event is something that will push many to their limits... something one only experiences when your own death is in the room with you.. not all can work in that enviorment, it takes a heavy toll.... but then they are in the wrong business and maybe should have followed a different carreer path.

Just my way of looking at a bad situation.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Shit, I'm doing it just because family is involved and pretty much for free.

Not sure there has ever been enough money to deal with strangers of whom I'm certain at least half are clueless idiots.

I may be being generous though considering how many of the general public I've dealt with in the past, going around with their head completely up their ass.

hedgehog

BAMF
LOL the poor liberal idiot tries to make a point and ends up with his unit in his mouth. (liberals like to do that) :) . HC workers can walk away and go home if the bedpans get too stinky. TRY THAT IN THE MILITARY.......
The ones complaining have not walked away

How does the Cheeto coloured unit taste? Still yummy enough for ya?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Wrench this just came over my emergency alert

They ate paying EXCELLENT money here if you have certs.

View attachment 33057

Best I could do would be CNA.
The rest is OJT experience and having family working in the medical field who have guided me along the way.
My physical limitations would prevent me from doing much more than wiping noses and asses though.

I'm too empathic to work in that field regularly and have trouble with professional distancing.

I was studying to work as a med tech as lab work did appeal to me since I wouldn't have to deal with the public at large personally...
...just their juices.

Life took a different turn though so...
...too many obligations here at home anyway.

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
In the BUG OUT cabin, for the next couple of weeks, Adirondack Mountains (inside park)..1/4 mile drive way, hunting motion-detectors alerts if anything on driveway...only 4G LTE for internet..kinda slow..

View attachment 33096
My company owns one... That's where I will have to go if all else fails....

Clean water... Deer... Etc

roadczar

BAMF
Website
www.roadczar.com
Coronavirus Assessment - From the BBC – by John Cleese -- March 17, 2020

ANNOUNCEMENT

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.” The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbor” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

The Russians have, as usual, said “It’s not us

nomad

BAMF
Simon, There are so many reports of docs treating with different regimens, some having success, somoe not. PLease tell me that there is a correlation of al this data going on somewhere and they are updating you with the sucesses!

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
what a weapon to clean the decks...

get rid of any old folks collecting pensions...

get rid of any obese or sickly young folk...

who knows what it does to our reproductive organs...

Alex sez' it fucks up our gonads... :eyepopping1a:

again two questions... who made it... who released it...

OP

simon520

Fixes humans and shoots everything else
Just finished an 11 day stint. Doc buddy was improving and may live. There appear to be a few “peaks” of mortality and he passed 2 of them. The last one is cardiac and thrombosis issues- heart attacks and cardiomyopathy. People survive and get off the ventilator and they look like they’re doing fine and then have a heart attack or a stroke or something similar. We are using full dose anticoagulation.

in the 11 days, a number of treatment guidelines came out. We added IL-6 to serious Icu cases. It’s essentially a blocking antibody. We are using azithro and hydroxychloroquine right off the bat. If they don’t improve or they worsen, add IL-6. Early intubation to prevent an emergency intubation where poeople May get exposed- trying to do it in an orderly fashion where the most experienced doc (anesthesiologists) do it under controlled circumstances.

there have been a number of Expert opinions published about the type of ventilation to do- there’s specific strategies you can use and early use of prone ventilation seems to be beneficial. Also the type and means of neuromuscular blockade (paralysis).

So in general yes were using azithromycin and I proxy chloroquine aside from that there’s really nothing else other than il-six that we are using on a routine basis.

CID

BAMF+
Wait for it.....

Apex in another week or so....

We all did great and saved thousands of lives... no MILLIONS yeah MILLIONS of lives.....

Lets stand on tv for the next 10 hours and thank all these Fine emergency professionals and medical personal for placing their lives on the line to save us all....

More Government is needed to better handle this next time so lets start a new department and we'll call this one: "Virus Force 1" ....

In the meantime please continue to be a good citizen by adhering to these great new efforts of social distancing standards...... Oh and wash your hands too... dont forget that.

The rest of you.... the 10 million out of work ?? --- Yeah if you can get back to work and stop complaining, that would be great.

.....did I miss anything or am I calling it a week too early yet?

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that

Overall, we rate PJ Media to be Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracies as well as numerous failed fact checks.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Just finished an 11 day stint. Doc buddy was improving and may live. There appear to be a few “peaks” of mortality and he passed 2 of them. The last one is cardiac and thrombosis issues- heart attacks and cardiomyopathy. People survive and get off the ventilator and they look like they’re doing fine and then have a heart attack or a stroke or something similar. We are using full dose anticoagulation.

in the 11 days, a number of treatment guidelines came out. We added IL-6 to serious Icu cases. It’s essentially a blocking antibody. We are using azithro and hydroxychloroquine right off the bat. If they don’t improve or they worsen, add IL-6. Early intubation to prevent an emergency intubation where poeople May get exposed- trying to do it in an orderly fashion where the most experienced doc (anesthesiologists) do it under controlled circumstances.

there have been a number of Expert opinions published about the type of ventilation to do- there’s specific strategies you can use and early use of prone ventilation seems to be beneficial. Also the type and means of neuromuscular blockade (paralysis).

So in general yes were using azithromycin and I proxy chloroquine aside from that there’s really nothing else other than il-six that we are using on a routine basis.

So, you're saying people should drink Rat poison? :neutral:

:razz:

Top Bottom