Could soon cost ya a grand,,,..

Z

BAMF+
Ta register,,, yer lectric turdmobile,, :luckystrike:

in illinois,, Skippy... :lol:

''Electric car owners in Illinois could take a large hit to their bank accounts after lawmakers proposed an extreme hike in registration fees for electronic vehicles in the state.

The proposal would raise the annual registration fee to $1,000, more than 57 times the current amount of $17.50. :dash2:

Illinois officials believe the legislation will raise $2.4 billion for future projects, the major one being roadway improvement, according to the Chicago Tribune.''

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/illinois-1000-electric-vehicle-legislation

pimpslayer

BAMF+
For Skarlatos, a self-employed software developer who bought her Tesla using $7,500 in federal incentives and $4,000 in state incentives, the idea of suddenly having to pay a $1,000 registration fee to own an electric vehicle in Illinois is “unfair,” and would have dissuaded her from an environmentally motivated purchase. The $11,500 in incentives, she said, persuaded her to take the plunge.
:roll:

Austin_F

BAMF+
Wow, that writer knows how to send a subtle message lol

Anyway I've read about the concern officials have about EV owners using roads without paying for their maintenance which is what gas taxes do.

I suppose this is one way to do it. If she was told it would be 10,5k in incentives instead of 11,5k would she have refused it?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Seventeen buck to register a gas guzzler in Illinois? Fuck it's $40.00 for my 13 year old pickup and $150.00 for my FUSO. Scooters are $25.00 ~$30.00.

pimpslayer

BAMF+
The oil lobby is lining up to lean in...
Lets pretend it's 2040....there are no oil burners being sold....no gasoline being sold, no gas tax being collected. How you gonna pay for the roads?

Illinois is just getting ahead of the curve....

(I'll admit, they could have done it a little more discreetly, on a sliding scale or something)

All the fuel taxes they avoid, it's probably worth it. Considering it costs half that to register a new car regardless.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Lemme do some ciphering here, I drive my pickup truck less than a thousand miles a year, way less. I ride my scooters and motorcycles maybe a couple thousand miles a year, so that's around seventy gallons. Florida adds on 41.36 cents per gallon tax on gasoline. So let's say I burn up 200 gallons per year, that equals aboot $130.00 per year gasoline tax. I'd really be fucked at that $1000.00 per year rate.
The electric cars should be charged by the mile at your license plate renewal date at say the average CAFE MPG of a comparably sized gas burning car. You drive 50,000 miles per year, you pay. You drive a few thousand mile per year, you pay less, just like now.
There are two assholes where the wife works that made the company install charging stations for their two cars, they get to plug in at work for free. I thing the others who work there should get gasoline money every day from the company. And I can guarantee the one asshole only charges his car at work so as to not pay the bill at home. The fuckers there make $60.00 to $100.00 per hour and are the cheapest penny pinching Jew bastards on earth! If they need to buy some thing for a couple bucks for work, like a pen or something for $1.50 they submit it. One asshole went home early one day, he wanted to use 1/10th of an hour vacation pay to make up his 40 hour week! God damned they are assholes!

I can't wait to retire soon so I can get the fuck out of here.

Pritzker is Madigan's rubber stamp boy. There's no end to what these fucktards will come up with.

Fortunately my bike, car trailer and truck are all due in June so I have one more cheap year.

Electric cars only benefit those that waste fuel. Looking at used vehicles, a lot of people out there doing 20k a year....might be cost effective for them.

Lemme do some ciphering here, I drive my pickup truck less than a thousand miles a year, way less. I ride my scooters and motorcycles maybe a couple thousand miles a year, so that's around seventy gallons. Florida adds on 41.36 cents per gallon tax on gasoline. So let's say I burn up 200 gallons per year, that equals aboot $130.00 per year gasoline tax. I'd really be fucked at that $1000.00 per year rate.
The electric cars should be charged by the mile at your license plate renewal date at say the average CAFE MPG of a comparably sized gas burning car. You drive 50,000 miles per year, you pay. You drive a few thousand mile per year, you pay less, just like now.
why even bother keeping an ICE vehicle around? If I only drove my pickup 1000 miles a year... Id buy a golf cart instead. Or a 3 wheeled bicycle with a basket. IF you needed a car or truck... it would make financial sense to rent one ala Home Depot or some local rental agency. I know folks that havent had a vehicle in 20+ years.

The fuckers there make $60.00 to $100.00 per hour and are the cheapest penny pinching Jew bastards on earth! If they need to buy some thing for a couple bucks for work, like a pen or something for $1.50 they submit it. One asshole went home early one day, he wanted to use 1/10th of an hour vacation pay to make up his 40 hour week! God damned they are assholes!
clearly youve never owned a business. Yeap I can submit POs for various expenses to get reimbursed by the City if they apply to my job duties. OT, vehicle usage, fuel, repairs, phone usage... all tracked. Anything "Joo" about it... simple cost accounting.
Just imagine if the "Uber" principle was applied to every "hourly" employee.

RobBase

BAMF
What year model is the Fuso, how many miles, and how many times have you had to fuel it up? Do tell!
Yes! Can't wait to hear more about the Fuso. Plus, how about some pics of the frame underside and if you really feel generous, please post up it's latest oil analysis report.

One of the big problems with our pensions is that our governors and legislature quit paying into the pool years ago to pay for other useless shit. But yeah, the plan was pretty much unsustainable from the start.

pimpslayer

BAMF+
LA registration is a percentage of the purchase price, not a fixed fee. They'd have to rewrite the whole process to charge differently for "electronic" or hybrid.
So, do they look at Blue Book value every year when you come in to renew your tags? Do you pay a little less every year?

I got into a little bit of a pissing match when I went in to register a used bike I bought 4 years ago. It had a blown engine, so I got it cheap.

The clerk at the county office said she didn't think the State would issue the title with so low a purchase price.

I said just make a note on the application about the bad engine.

Fuckin' clerk-typists making assumptions about vehicles they know nothing about. :roll:

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
So, do they look at Blue Book value every year when you come in to renew your tags? Do you pay a little less every year?
Nope. Stays the same until you sell it. Based off the price you paid. A real, class A, fuckin'... Government style. There is a lot of families "buying" cars from each other... husband selling to wife, dad selling to son, etc. Easiest way to reset the value counter.

I got into a little bit of a pissing match when I went in to register a used bike I bought 4 years ago. It had a blown engine, so I got it cheap. The clerk at the county office said she didn't think the State would issue the title with so low a purchase price.
Yeah, we get that here too. If they suspect something fishy, they go with Blue Book value. Most of the time you just tell them it will require a significant investment to be at Blue Book value and they back off.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Iowa charges 1% of msrp for the first 4 years or so. Then drops after that. Pretty reasonable I think.

Top Bottom