CORONAVIRUS

rumble phish

BAMF+
I thought your mom was Japanese- I figured she taught you. I'm making sure my kid is 100% bilingual in English/Thai, and I'm starting her on Chinese (enrolling her in an immersive language play-school program) in a couple months. Fluency in languages writes tickets as far as employment options go.
She was, and she tried. I guess I just didn't inherit the aptitude to learn languages. Odd, because I picked up music like breathing. I absolutely agree with you about being multi-lingual. I'm pushing my son to learn Spanish and Mandrin.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
The Doha-JFK flight was 100% booked two weeks ago- JFK-Doha today was maybe 60% full- people are staying home. My flight into Thailand is looking fairly crowded, though- it doesn't start boarding for a little while, but the gate is getting busy.

People are losing their minds over the headline without reading the entire article

The person was released into 14 DAY QUARANTINE and then returned to UC San Diego Health for isolation & observation once it was determined they were infected.

rumble phish

BAMF+
People are losing their minds over the headline without reading the entire article

The person was released into 14 DAY QUARANTINE and then returned to UC San Diego Health for isolation & observation once it was determined they were infected.
Don't blow the narrative! Don't you understand the SKY IS FALLING!!!!

nomad

BAMF
Pft nevermind. I was 100% wrong;

Forget all that health and immune system crap. A drug company has the answer (dont forget to buy the stock)

The first patient in the United States with a confirmed case of the new coronavirus was given an infusion of an experimental drug as a part of his treatment at a hospital in Washington State. One day after taking the drug, the patient started to get better. Four days later, his fever was gone.

A single case study isn’t enough to prove anything. It’s not clear if the medication, called remdesivir, actually helped the patient, or if his improvement was a coincidence. But it’s one of a few drugs, including a combination of anti-HIV drugs, that doctors think might help patients with the new coronavirus.

Remdesivir was developed by the pharmaceutical company Gilead as a treatment for Ebola.

Td da... problem solved.
You can probably buy it for as little as $10k/yr too.,

The drug isn’t approved by the Food and Drug Administration or by any other regulatory body. However, it already went through safety testing during the Ebola outbreak in 2014 and 2015.

Pfff testing... ya they gave it to dying Africans in a country where there is no health care and thought it seemed to make a difference. Good enough for the CDC and FDA in the USA.

That’s why Gilead is able to test it in sick patients immediately.

er no. Gilead is a $26 BILLION dollar/yr US company... they know how to CUT THROUGH RED TAPE <WINK>

Why not give to Chinese?

Last edited:

LE05BUSA

GFY

Funny, now one of the others in quarantine at Miramar has been hospitalized after displaying signs of the infection.

Just about as bright as those running the Princess Cruise Lines "Diamond" which was confining ocean view and balcony passengers to their staterooms...but allowing inside cabin passengers to transit the hallways and go outside on the deck for fresh air. :dash2:

Oh, and not restricting the movements of any of the crew. :retard:

rumble phish

BAMF+

Well, I guess my cheap Chinese shit from Amazon is gonna be fucking delayed :mad2::fu:

Now the Mexican beer flu is actually affecting my life, and I am not gonna stand for this!!!

nomad

BAMF
Unless you know what you are looking for, the US gov website is worthless

That analysis showed REGN-EB3 was performing better than ZMapp at statistically significant rates, doing well enough that it crossed a pre-established threshold that requires altering the protocol of the study. Close behind was mAb114, which will be developed by Ridgeback Biotherapeutics. The antiviral drug remdesivir, made by Gilead, underperformed ZMapp.

There were only limited and preliminary data available at this point. But they showed mortality rates of 49% in people treated with ZMapp, 53% in those who received remdesivir, 34% in people treated with mAb114, and 29% for people who received the Regeneron cocktail. The fatality rate for the outbreak as a whole is 67%.

NOooooooooo problem.
Lets just redo the trial until we get the results that will make BILLIONS
New virus GREAT... new opportunity

Heck lets try a mix with Draino and transmission fluid while we are at it, cos we have no frikin idea what the short term or long complications from those cocktails will be either.

The findings resulted in the discontinuation of two of the drugs in the trial, remdesivir (Gilead Sciences) and ZMapp (Mapp Biopharmaceutical). Future patients will be randomly assigned to receive either REGN-EB3 (Regeneron) or mAb114 (Ridgeback Biotherapeutics) in an extension phase of the study, according to the officials from WHO and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

This is just the reckless desperation that prompted Edward Jenner to inject cowpox into his family.
Luckily he stumbled upon an antibody reaction. What happens when 3 generations from now it is widely accepted that the adjuvants used to cross the blood brain barrier in fact caused the majority of the human race to become auto immune deficient?

Oooops

This is one stop shy of snake oil. and using incredibly rudimentary principals... take some patients blood and inject it into patients not doing well. Sheesh Jenner could have come up with that in the 1800s. Its pathetic how little understanding medical science has of the bench science, the actual mechanisms at play, at this level of micro biology.

Last edited:

nomad

BAMF
Then there is the cruise ship:

This is complete madness and unethical. There will be a giant lawsuit at the conclusion of this.

It’s also possible the virus could spread through the cruise ship’s ventilation systems, though in a letter to passengers and crew, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said it has no evidence of that yet.

Do you think they have heppa filters on an HVAC in princess cruise ship?
This is apparently, primarily an airborne contagion but good old CDC says hmmmm we need years of concrete evidence before we can conclude anything... or a few hundred corpses per month like with many other APPROVED drugs THAT KILL !

Oxycotin et al
Statins et al

Alatrofloxacin
Alclofenac
Alpidem (Ananxyl)
Alosetron (Lotronex)
Althesin (=Alphaxolone amineptine + Alphadolone)
Amineptine (Survector)
Aminopyrine
Amobarbital
Amoproxan
Anagestone acetate
Antrafenine
Aprotinin (Trasylol)
Ardeparin (Normiflo)
Astemizole (Hismanal)
Azaribine
Bendazac
Benoxaprofen
Benzarone
Benziodarone
Beta-ethoxy-lacetanilanide
Bezitramide
Bithionol
Broazolam
Bromfenac
Bucetin
Buformin
Bunamiodyl
Butamben (Efocaine)(Butoforme)
Canrenone
"Cerivastatin (Baycol, Lipobay)"
Chlormadinone (Chlormenadione)
Chlormezanone (Trancopal)
Chlorphentermine
Cianidanol
Cinepazide
Cisapride (Propulsid)
Clioquinol
Clobutinol
Cloforex
Clomacron
Clometacin
Co-proxamol (Distalgesic)
Cyclobarbital
Cyclofenil
Dantron
Dexfenfluramine
Propoxyphene (Darvocet/Darvon)
Diacetoxydiphenolisatin
Diethylstilbestrol
Difemerine
Dihydrostreptomycin
Dilevalol
Dimazole (Diamthazole)
Dimethylamylamine (DMAA)
Dinoprostone
Dipyrone (Metamizole)
Dithiazanine iodide
Dofetilide
Drotrecogin alfa (Xigris)
Ebrotidine
Efalizumab (Raptiva)
Encainide
Ethyl carbamate
Etretinate
Exifone
Fen-phen (popular combination of fenfluramine and phentermine)
Fenclofenac
Fenclozic acid
Fenfluramine
Fenoterol
Feprazone
Fipexide
Flosequinan (Manoplax)
Flunitrazepam
Flupirtine
Gatifloxacin
Gemtuzumab ozogamicin (Mylotarg)
Glafenine
Grepafloxacin (Raxar)
"Hydromorphone (Palladone, extended release version)"
Ibufenac
Indalpine
Indoprofen
Iodinated casein strophantin
Iproniazid
Isaxonine phosphate
Isoxicam
Kava Kava
Ketorolac
L-tryptophan
Levamisole (Ergamisol)
Levomethadyl acetate
Lumiracoxib (Prexige)
Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)
Mebanazine
Methandrostenolone
Methapyrilene
Methaqualone
Metipranolol
Metofoline
Mibefradil
Minaprine
Moxisylyte
Muzolimine
Natalizumab (Tysabri)
Nefazodone
Nialamide
Nikethamide
Nitrefazole
Nomifensine
Oxeladin
Oxyphenbutazone
Oxyphenisatin (Phenisatin)
Ozogamicin
Pemoline (Cylert)
Pentobarbital
Pentylenetetrazol
Pergolide (Permax)
Perhexiline
Phenacetin
Phenformin and Buformin
Phenolphthalein
Phenoxypropazine
Phenylbutazone
"Phenylpropanolamine (Propagest, Dexatrim)"
Pifoxime (=Pixifenide)
Pirprofen
Prenylamine
Proglumide
Pronethalol
Propanidid
Proxibarbal
Pyrovalerone
Rapacuronium (Raplon)
Remoxipride
rhesus rotavirus vaccine-tetravalent (RotaShield)
Rimonabant (Acomplia)
Rofecoxib (Vioxx)
Rosiglitazone (Avandia)
Secobarbital
Sertindole
Sibutramine (Reductil/Meridia)
Sitaxentan
Sorivudine
Sparfloxacin
Sulfacarbamide
Sulfamethoxydiazine
Sulfamethoxypyridazine
Suloctidil
Suprofen
Tegaserod (Zelnorm)
Temafloxacin
Temafloxacin
"Temazepam (Restoril, Euhypnos, Normison, Remestan, Tenox, Norkotral)"
"Terfenadine (Seldane, Triludan)"
Terodiline (Micturin)
Tetrazepam
Thalidomide
Thenalidine
Thiobutabarbitone
Thioridazine (Melleril)
Ticrynafen (Tienilic acid)
Tolcapone (Tasmar)
Tolrestat (Alredase)
Triacetyldiphenolisatin
Triazolam
Triparanol
Troglitazone (Rezulin)
Trovafloxacin (Trovan)
Valdecoxib (Bextra)
Vincamine
Xenazoic acid
Ximelagatran (Exanta)
Zimelidine
Zomepirac

How many dead from these drugs?
All "tested" and approved in the land of the free
Hard to criticize Japan or China while turning a blind eye to this

And we havnt even got to Vaccine damage yet....

Last edited:

nomad

BAMF
These are the crooks whos studies you believe without question despite their track record and historic eyewatering fines, conflict of interest, and obvious profit motivation?

A cruise ship is just another example of acceptable collateral damage.

THESE COMPANIES PLEAD - G U I L T Y
------------------------------ =======

All kinds of deliberate misdeeds

$3 billion ($1B criminal, $2B civil)",GlaxoSmithKline[1][6]
$2.3 billion,Pfizer[2]
$2.2 billion,Johnson & Johnson[7]
$1.5 billion,Abbott Laboratories[8]
$1.4 billion,Eli Lilly[9]

$875 million,TAP Pharmaceutical Products[10]
$762 million,Amgen[11]
$750 million,GlaxoSmithKline[12]
$704 million,Serono[13]
$650 million,Merck[14]
$601 million,Purdue Pharma[15]
$600 million,Allergan[16]
$520 million,AstraZeneca[17]
$515 million,Bristol-Myers Squibb[18]
$500 million,Schering-Plough[19]
$465 million,Mylan[20]
$435 million,Schering-Plough[21]
$430 million,Pfizer
$425 million,Cephalon[23]
$423 million,Novartis[24]
$355 million,AstraZeneca[25]
$345 million,Schering-Plough[26]

And we still havnt got to vaccines yet....

Last edited:
OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
A different take on the economic impact....

Good find reaffirming what I wrote in the early pages of this thread...illness risk to those of us on this side of the Pacific pales in comparison to the global $ risk

We put ourselves in this position ever since we moved all our factories over there

I am hoping that a combination of Trump's trade war and corona will wake business leaders and force them to diversify their sourcing options

In other news,

Just announced that China F1 race is to be postponed

nomad

BAMF
Finally a little sense in Thailand

wuhan coronavirus masks hand washing

A doorman distributes hand sanitizing liquid for visitors at a luxury mall in Bangkok, Thailand, January 28, 2020. The CDC says masks are not recommended for Americans — and that hand washing is much more effective.

Now I can go buy a "Duck My Sick" T shirt

Last edited:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Those masks are actually helpful to prevent transmission if you're a carrier of CV, as they'll impede the spread of fluids if you cough or sneeze. Snot-barriers, basically. They won't do much to prevent someone from catching it, though.

LE05BUSA

GFY
Those masks are actually helpful to prevent transmission if you're a carrier of CV, as they'll impede the spread of fluids if you cough or sneeze. Snot-barriers, basically. They won't do much to prevent someone from catching it, though.
Actually, the plain surgical mask that is not sealed at the sides, was found to catch 80% of inhaled particulates in some testing I recently reviewed...even though it is designed to protect the patient from particles from the surgeon. I'll see if I can find the article and the lab it's from.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
The CDC says masks are not recommended for Americans — and that hand washing is much more effective.
Nowhere do they say masks aren't effective, but they don't say otherwise either?
CDC said:
Norovirus can be found in your vomit or poop even before you start feeling sick. ... You can use alcohol-based hand sanitizers in addition to hand washing. But, you should not use hand sanitizer as a substitute for washing your hands with soap and water.
You can use alcohol-based hand sanitizers in addition to hand washing. But, you should not use hand sanitizer as a substitute for washing your hands with soap and water. Hand sanitizers aren’t as effective as washing hands with soap and water at removing norovirus particles.

CZLoco

I want one of those.
You can swap out the respirator things for different respirator things.
Like a pair for sawdust.
A pair for paint fumes.
A pair for corona virus..

nomad

BAMF
How many times do I see people working with toxic fumes wearing one of those masks thinking that the mask somehow filters out the fumes. Crazy

Nowhere do they say masks aren't effective, but they don't say otherwise either?
As Brian pointed out, they are effective in preventing droplets being expelled from an infected person. The inhalation of droplets is mostly irrelevant even if it is 85% for a short period, but the majority of people wearing them are not infected.

The problem is that people NOT infected put it on thinking they are now protected because they can feel something on their face, but they touch everything and then order a sandwich and touch it before they eat it, or just rub their eyes or touch their mouth.

The masks are a false sense of security in people that dont understand how contagion works, how long these viruses can live on surfaces, how many times they touch stuff in public places without thinking about it.

BUT THE REAL NEWS IS IN THE NUMBER JUGGLING

Hubei has started using a broader definition to diagnose people - which accounts for most of the rise in cases.
Broader, narrower, including, excluding.... it doesnt matter
This is the problem with Epidemiology (statistics). Its all a matter of interpretation. The ENTIRE case for vaccines is built on this

Of the 242 new deaths in Wuhan, 135 are such "clinically diagnosed" cases. That means, even without the new definition, the number of deaths in Hubei on Wednesday was 107 - a new high for the province.
And there it is. Classic epidemiological junk "science".
Did 107 die of the virus, or more than twice that number?
Epidemiological answer = it depends
Bench science answer = 242 (cos they tested +ve for the virus)
Thats actual bench science. No goal posts to move around. No definitions to check. No govt authority opinion to filter through. Just repeatable, bench science)

and we still havnt got to vaccines yet :/

nomad

BAMF
Los Angeles county telling more than 1000 people to self-quarantine after travelling to China recently;
(a month late and a dollar short)

Is that public health policy now?
With an incubation period of up to 28 days.... what a total joke. Where is your stupid vaccine schedule now? How many people actually DIED of measles, Mumps and Rubella in the ENTIRE US Last year?

Just wait till this bug gets a hold. LA better brace for full blown outbreak.... make that most major cities in the US

Unbelievable.

The US Centers for Disease Control said it was preparing for the coronavirus to possibly "take a foothold in the US". Thirteen cases have been confirmed in the US
The CDC is preparing ahahhhhahahahahahahaha right...
Preparing how?
doing what?
running commercials about methods of transmission?
teaching people about how to avoid weakening their immune system?
Recommending vitamins like C and D?
have they even figured out what care regimin is best for sick patients?
Do they know where they will take patients when the hospitals overflow?
Are they even going to put hand sanitizer in public places or hand it out free like condoms?

THE #1 THING THE CDC COULD DO IMMEDIATELY IS CLOSE ALL SCHOOLS and even then it might be too late.

No. They only know one answer to all public health problems... Big Pharma products. Good luck with that. Even if some anti-viral tests well, these drugs are not cheap, fast or easy to make in large quantities.

This months JAMA says
"While most cases appeared to be mild, all the patients developed pneumonia"

Thats the killer. Pneumonia in older patients is a death sentence. It takes a lot of resources (respirators, 24/hr care - GSXRN help me here) to deal with Pneumonia.

In an outbreak, those resources are not going to be available for all but a few, and, like in China, health care providers are going to fear for their lives. Why do you think there are no doctors in those videos of the new Chinese hospitals full of sick patients?

If you are older, not in peak health, and live in the LA basin, time to take that trip of a lifetime in the RV to the middle of nowhere for a month to wait and see how things develop

Last edited:

nomad

BAMF
Is the world ready for a respiratory virus with high transmissibility and severity?

After a new influenza virus (H7N9) was identified in China in 2013, a series of modeling articles described the effect of, and level of preparedness for, a severe, single-wave pandemic in the United States.7 In scenarios that used clinical attack rates (the proportion of individuals who become ill with or die from a disease in a population initially uninfected) of 20% to 30% (for comparison the clinical attack rate was 20% in the first year of the 2009 H1N1 pandemic), depending on severity there would be an estimated 669 000 to 4.3 million hospitalizations and an estimated 54 000 to 538 000 deaths without any interventions in the United States. The models suggested that without a vaccine, school closures would be unlikely to affect the pandemic, an estimated 35 000 to 60 000 ventilators would be needed, up to an estimated 7.3 billion surgical masks or respirators would be required, and perhaps most important, if vaccine development did not start before the virus was introduced, it was unlikely that a significant number of hospitalizations and deaths could be averted due to the time it takes to develop, test, manufacture, and distribute a vaccine.
Their modeling suggests closing schools would be unlikely to affect the pandemic. That doesnt seem to make sense unless the model closed the schools too late.

SCHOOLS SHUT in the UK Today

Today's scare at Bullingdon comes as panicked parents were allowed to pull their kids out of school amid fears coronavirus has spread to classrooms.

Pupils at Cottesmore St Mary's Catholic and Bevendean Primary School were told they could stay at home after it was revealed three more people may have caught the deadly disease from Steve Walsh — dubbed the city's "super-spreader".

Headteachers alerted parents via email this morning to warn them of the potential coronavirus outbreak as staff members were advised to self-isolate after coming into "close contact" with the 53-year-old businessman.

Worried mum Fran Gray, 40, said she rushed 20 miles to pick up her daughter from school after a parent WhatsApp group alerted her.

"Everyone is panicking and going crazy," she told Sun Online.
Bet JAMA servers have never seen so much traffic )

Last edited:

CZLoco

You obviously have no experience in a nerd bathroom.
Some nerds will fart or poop (CDC recognized verbiage) with so much force, that "shit" is literally floating around the restroom as you walk in.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Maybe, just maybe...........

China is reaping what it has sown?

Yeah, I know it's a shitty thing to say but I know quite a few of you are thinking it.

nomad

BAMF
China is reaping what it has sown?
Well yeah of course. But the US will reap the economic harvest of what has been sown for decades, and then the ignominy suffered by the Roman empire 2000yrs ago.

My worry is that the human race will reap the consequences of what it has sown biologically, in many generations when its too late to go back.
The chemicals/drugs we create are in everything, and passed on.

When you fuck with mother nature there are always consequences, the unknown is how serious they will be. As a species, we know enough to be really dangerous to the species.

Keep in mind the oppenheimer team were not 100% sure the first bomb was not going to start a reaction that continued until the entire atmosphere was destroyed. They went ahead anyway... and told no one of these risks. Its no different today

RobBase

BAMF
How many times do I see people working with toxic fumes wearing one of those masks thinking that the mask somehow filters out the fumes.
If you're talking about the surgical masks, then you are correct.
The respirator picture I posted will absolutely filter out anything from dust particles to organic vapors depending on the type of filter cartridges (the two pods) you screw in.

RobBase

BAMF
With a history of killing 40-75 million of their own people (Mao), you think they give a shit about spraying them with Lysol?
You can go on LiveLeak and watch videos all day long of little Asian kids getting run over in the streets and people just walk around their mangled little bodies.
Life is cheap over there.

Top Bottom