CORONAVIRUS

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
This shit fucks with you at night more then the day.

I was feeling some what better today. Then aroundv8 pm I got cold and exhausted .. the cough kicked back in at 10 and likes to wait until your asleep before it starts again.

Went to CVS.. shelves are mainly bare of cold and flue. Got some Day quill pills as that was all that was there.

Something I have not seen here since moving here. A lot of mask use. Up until today there was zero mask use now I say about 60% of the people masked upped.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE

Slashes COVID Death Rate by 93%, Where's the Media?

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
  • While most well-known as a natural sleep regulator, melatonin also has many other important functions. It boosts immune function, helps recharge glutathione and may improve treatment of certain bacterial diseases; it has anticonvulsant and antiexcitotoxic properties, and is a potent antioxidant with the rare ability to enter your mitochondria
  • In viral infections, melatonin lowers the overreaction of the host cells to the pathogen, thereby raising the host’s tolerance to the virus. This gives the host time to develop the adaptive immune response and eradicate the invading pathogen
  • Melatonin attenuates several pathological features of COVID-19, including excessive oxidative stress and inflammation, exaggerated immune response resulting in a cytokine storm, acute lung injury and acute respiratory distress syndrome
  • An October 2021 study found melatonin significantly lowered mortality when given to severely infected COVID patients. In the standard care only group, 13 of the 76 patients died (17.1%), compared to just one of the 82 patients (1.2%) who received melatonin in addition to standard care — a reduction in mortality of 93%
  • During the second week of infection, a time when severely infected patients can take a drastic turn for the worse, the melatonin group fared much better than the standard care only group, with only two patients developing sepsis, compared to eight in the standard care only group

well how about that !

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
supreme court just said fuck your mandates!

another win for trump with his court picks...

The vote in the employer mandate case was 6 to 3, with liberal justices in dissent.

although admittedly this all reads that the supreme court simply stated they felt the president did not have the authority to issue such a mandate without congressional approval, not that they actually disagreed with the mandate itself.

thats going to put congress in an awkward position!

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Mandates are a terrible idea

It’s sad it had come to even tabling them

If this was the time when the polio vaccine came out it never would’ve come to this point

Too bad today all these sofa scientists with degrees from Freedom Eagle 1776 have enabled the virus to spread and disable economies

rumble phish

BAMF+
supreme court just said fuck your mandates!

another win for trump with his court picks...

although admittedly this all reads that the supreme court simply stated they felt the president did not have the authority to issue such a mandate without congressional approval, not that they actually disagreed with the mandate itself.

thats going to put congress in an awkward position!
It was a split decision. They approved the mandate for certain healthcare workers. Also, the states can pursue this on their own, as can private businesses. It's a win, sort of.

rumble phish

BAMF+
And since it seems the board is avoiding this post, I'll link it here... :lol:

(1) COVID dick.. apparently, it's a real thing! | labusas.oRg

I was going to post this in the COVID thread, but I thought it serious, and amusing enough, to warrant its own thread. If you don't think that's the case, well then, kindly go fuck yourself :fu:

Unless you have the 'Rona dick, then I guess you can't. :lol:

Coronavirus Lingers in Penis and Could Cause Impotence (webmd.com)

Yes, COVID-19 Can Cause Erectile Dysfunction – Cleveland Clinic

Yes, Covid Can Cause Erectile Dysfunction | Elemental (medium.com)

Erectile Dysfunction Risk 6 Times Higher in Men With COVID (webmd.com)

and not only will it keep you flaccid, but it may even shrink your goods! Guess it's China's way of leveling the playing field :lol:

Man Said COVID Caused His Penis to Shrink (insider.com)

US man claims his penis has shrunk due to rare Covid side effect | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

A Shrinking Penis Has Been Named As Potential Symptom Of Long Covid (ladbible.com)

My wife said it may be just a rouse by the government and science types to finally scare the black male community into getting vaxxed. She may have a point. 🤨

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
It was a split decision. They approved the mandate for certain healthcare workers. Also, the states can pursue this on their own, as can private businesses. It's a win, sort of.
only those hospitals that are federally subsidized with medicare/medicaid programs....

private businesses always could, and thats their right as a private business.

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
The wife does our grocery shopping, so I haven't walked through the local grocery store in a while.
She tells me she generally can purchase anything she's looking for, but it's a crapshoot as to what brand is available. Most things, we've stuck with the same brand for years, but now it's just "whatever" brand. One exception to the above was chicken breasts; there were none available on Sunday... any brand.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Zero issues over here, but there are similar 'single item' shortages on occasion (i.e. the bread the kid likes was out for a month, or a particular sauce that was always available becomes hard to find), but that was always due to a temporary Covid-related factory shutdown.

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
This woman will never be POTUS

Like HRC, it's as if there's a robot behind those eyes. Unelectable

BTW this is a non-partisan opinion. FWIW, for sheer presence I tip my hat to Bill C and Obama as far as presidents of the last 30 years

Website
www.bobbywarns.com

Ren

BAM
Website
www.fortunecity.com
Supreme Court halts COVID-19 vaccine rule for US businesses | AP News

So now that the S.C. has blocked the mandate as unconstitutional.. do people that were given a pink slip 'based on the mandate' --- have recourse now?

View attachment 88855
Only the Federal OSHA mandate on private businesses was declared unconstitutional. The federal government can still mandate their employees get it, the states can still mandate it as well. Private corporations, have the legal right to mandate it. So your comment above is overly broad. The OSHA mandate hadn't even fully gone into effect so *shrug*

CID

BAMF+
Only the Federal OSHA mandate on private businesses was declared unconstitutional. The federal government can still mandate their employees get it, the states can still mandate it as well. Private corporations, have the legal right to mandate it. So your comment above is overly broad. The OSHA mandate hadn't even fully gone into effect so *shrug*
Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in dissent that the case was about whether the administration has the authority “to force healthcare workers, by coercing their employers, to undergo a medical procedure they do not want and cannot undo.” He said the administration hadn’t shown convincingly that Congress gave it that authority.

Last edited:
OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
Down to a head cold and cough..

Two others have fevers hovering at 102. Both non vaccinated..

The rest are like me on day 4.. all two or three shots in... (me 2 shots)

Slight difference of my group of vaccinated vrs non vaccinated

Real world ... no science ...no Memes... no china.
Have you lost taste or smell?

Ren

BAM
Website
www.fortunecity.com
Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in dissent that the case was about whether the administration has the authority “to force healthcare workers, by coercing their employers, to undergo a medical procedure they do not want and cannot undo.” He said the administration hadn’t shown convincingly that Congress gave it that authority.
Yeah, so what's your point for quoting me? The healthcare workers mandate is still in effect and comes from the HHS as a way of mandating Public Health and falls under the powers of the purse in regards to health care providers that accept money from Medicare and Medicaid.

Lastly to be clear, I don't agree with any mandates period! I lean libertarian/conservative

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
No taste and smell remained

I'll have to asked the other guys.

But know a girl that had the original virus for two months.. 10 months still no taste
I asked because lack of taste and smell is the only overhang I still have and it’s pissing me off

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE

Philippines eyes ‘unvaccinated list’ amid Duterte’s arrest threat
Order follows President Duterte’s threat to arrest those who have not been vaccinated amid a record-breaking number of infections.

‘Shoot them dead’: Duterte warns against violating lockdown
Warning from Philippine president comes after slum dwellers stage protests over lack of food amid coronavirus crisis.

“Do not intimidate the government. Do not challenge the government. You will lose,” he added in Filipino and English.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
Bombshell CDC Admission — The COVID Tests Don’t Work

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
  • Since the beginning of the pandemic, experts have warned that the PCR test is not as a valid diagnostic and produces far too many false positives, as it can pick up on “dead,” nonreplicating viral debris
  • The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now admits the PCR test can remain positive for up to 12 weeks after infection. For this reason, they say most people don’t need to retest negative before ending their quarantine
  • The CDC also admits the PCR cannot identify active infection or measure contagiousness
  • People who are double-jabbed or unvaccinated and test positive for SARS-CoV-2, or have known exposure, but remain asymptomatic, now only need to isolate for five days rather than 10, but should wear a mask for another five days when at work or in public. People who are triple-jabbed do not need to isolate after exposure, but should wear a mask for 10 days
  • Health care workers who test positive for COVID but remain asymptomatic can return to work after seven days with a negative test, but isolation time can be cut to five days if there are staffing shortages

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
California to Allow COVID-Positive Healthcare Workers

The California Department of Health now says that healthcare workers who are COVID positive, but asymptomatic, can continue to work in hospitals.

The guidance says that until February 1, health care personnel “who test positive for SARS-CoV-2 and are asymptomatic, may return to work immediately without isolation and without testing.

After much backlash and criticism, Governor Newsom remarked, "It's called dealing with reality. The pragmatism. Not what you want but what you need to do at a time of challenge and constraints and scarcity."

Yes. But sometimes you create your own reality.

In this case, is it possible that the state’s vaccine mandate forced hospitals to fire every worker who refused to take a COVID vaccine and booster? And that this subsequent shortage of workers created “challenge and constraints and scarcity” ?

It’s extraordinary that California would rather have COVID positive healthcare workers than allow unvaccinated workers to keep their jobs.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
I found this to be interesting, if the guy is truly from MGH ( Massachusetts General Hospital ), one of the best in the country.

Director of International Infectious Disease at MGH, Interesting points from his presentation:
1 Close to 100% of the positive cases are Omicron. Delta is almost completely gone generally from most states in the US.
2 This surge will peak sometime between 1/10 and 1/21 and then begin a quick downhill journey of two to four weeks.
3 We will end up with a 20-50% positivity rate.
4 February will be clean up mode, March will begin to return to "normal"
5 Omicron lives in your nose and upper respiratory area which is what makes it so contagious. It isn't able to bond with your lungs like the other variants.
6 The increased hospitalizations should be taken with a grain of salt as most of them are secondary admissions (i.e. people coming in for surgery, broken bones, etc. who are tested for COVID)
7 We won't need a booster for omicron because they wouldn't be able to develop one before it's completely gone and we're all going to get it which will give us the immunity we need to get through it.
8 COVID will join the 4 other coronaviruses we deal with that cause the common cold, upper respiratory infections, RSV, etc. It will become a pediatric disease mainly affecting young children with no immunity.
9 40% of those infected will be asymptomatic
10 Rapid tests are 50-80% sensitive to those with symptoms, only 30-60% sensitive to those without symptoms
11 Contact tracing is worthless because we're all going to get it and there's no way we could keep up with it.
12 We are fighting the last war with COVID and should be pivoting back to normal life, but society isn't quite ready for it yet.
13 There is no need to stay home from work or to be a hermit unless you're immunocompromised or 85 or older, but he does recommend staying away from large gatherings for the next six weeks.
14 Spring/Summer will be really nice!
Overall a great presentation.

Anal Disco

"Disco, Anal Disco"
Omicron is making a mess. Roughly half of the micu beds are occupied by covid, presumably with the omicron variant. Surprising amount of 30 year olds, most are either 30-50 or 70 and older.

Conversation tonight with bed management (they handle patient movement/flow):

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Problem I see in my NO science... No Meme ... No China self experience that ...

IF I get this a THIRD time in the Next 4 Weeks.. we have a problem ... and it's not a great out look for anything normal in the year 2022.

I'll revisit this in a few weeks and see if I re infect or not .. I will not be wearing masks or do anything out of the norm so that this is a real world ... real science .. no china result.

I'm down to cough drops and tissues for control of sinus and cough now.

Cough is more active at night and when laying down to sleep.

Top Bottom