CORONAVIRUS

Conservative: "I don't want to be a lab rat."

Anal Disco Anal Disco: "That makes you pro-workers' rights!"
See what I mean? The cognitive dissonance is so strong, you can't even tell when you're advocating for stronger worker protections or....refuse to admit it.

Next up - we need government to break up big tech monopolies for silencing conservatives!!!

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
Conservative: "I don't want to be a lab rat."
See what I mean? The cognitive dissonance is so strong, you can't even tell when you're advocating for stronger worker protections or...blah blah blah
I'll attempt to clarify for you.
Conservative: "I don't want to be a lab rat, independent of whether or not I've ever been employed or employable."

A guy I was detailed with down to south Texas tested positive for Covid on March 27th, 4 days before we were supposed to fly back home. He was admitted to the hospital that day, and later that week was put into the ICU because they couldn't get his "breathing right", as he texted me.

In his history was getting swine flu and being in the hospital for 2 weeks, at some point getting MRSA, and a few other health issues not as serious. Basically adding up to someone that seemed to be susceptible to certain health issues.

A whole lot of folks decided to get the vaxx while in Texas after previously declining it back home. The thinking being they'd rather take the chance with the vaxx over what they might get spending all that time in close proximity to thousands of illegal aliens, of which 10% were testing positive everyday. Makes sense.

This guy also decided to get the vaxx while down there. However, he showed up to the testing site, got in line, started filling out the paperwork, and got to the part where they wanted his social security number... freaked out, ripped up the forms, and left. (a 12 year government employee, freaking out about medical folks wanting his SSN...)

His wife updated their *gofundme page that a couple weeks ago he was taken off the breathing machines and given the nasal apparatus and was allowed to see his kids for the first time since March 1st, and yesterday he was able to walk 250' on his own.

*gofundme was to pay for his medical flight to Boston, which is 350 miles from home, not 2500 miles where he was in Texas. For some reason the government wouldn't fly him home, even though he was flown down there on a mandatory assignment to process illegals for the "not-a-crisis" at the border... but that's another subject.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
freaking out about medical folks wanting his SSN...)
I remember when your SSN was your medical ID with insurance companies.
And people would dremel their SSN onto the back of any expensive belongs they had, like a TV. This was actually a suggestion from the gov.

I don't see why an SSN was required for the vaccine though.
If I gave mine out, I don't remember doing so?

tinhead

Has never named a pet
The hospital isn't interested in having one percent of it's employees dictate policy?
The place has about 25,000 employees. Something like 200 refuse to comply with the Rules Of Employment. Big fukken deal, the HR department probably deals with that number of employees turning over every month,

Vicious_Cycle

So don't? I don't get what the big deal is.

You're free to find employ at a hospital that doesn't require the covid vax. 🤷‍♀️
This is true.
However, I believe mandatory experimental vaccines is utter bullshit and violates religious rights, not to mention that it is the beginning of a slippery slope.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
I believe in clean dirt bikes for everyone... and hookers
No woke bullshit though... I dont care if youre a CEO for a major airline. I feel excluded...

• Red
Reactions: Red

Rhino

K-9 BAMF

Media outlets try to deflect from lab leak theory and censorship

One would think it would be hard to find a single person who has been through more than a year of lockdowns and myriads of restrictions who would not be interested to learn what the virus is and where it came from – but apparently, such people exist, in media outlets like T H E V E R G E

View attachment 66465

So who will be the first to Bomb China?

USA, Russia, Any of the weak European alliances, The Middle Eastern countries, NOPE because no one will pick up the smoking gun in the room and start a global execution of millions and millions of lives. China knows this and isn't slightly worried of any reprisals.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
COVID, Ivermectin and the Crime of the Century

Story at-a-glance
  • Data clearly show ivermectin can prevent COVID-19 and when used early can keep patients from progressing to the hyper-inflammatory phase of the disease. It can even help critically ill patients recover
  • Ivermectin has a long history of use as an antiparasitic, but its antiviral properties have been under investigation since 2012
  • Studies have shown ivermectin inhibits replication of SARS-CoV-2 and seasonal influenza viruses, inhibits inflammation through several pathways, lowers viral load, protects against organ damage, prevents transmission of SARS-CoV-2 when taken before or after exposure, speeds recovery and lowers risk of hospitalization and death in COVID-19 patients
  • Doctors have been told not to use ivermectin as large controlled trials are still lacking. However, once you can see from clinical evidence that something is working, then conducting controlled trials becomes unethical, as you know you’re condemning the control group to poor outcomes or death. In fact, this is the exact argument vaccine makers now use to justify the elimination of control groups and giving everyone the vaccine
  • The Frontline COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance recommends widespread use of ivermectin for all stages of COVID-19, including prevention

XR650RGUY

BAMF
I’m really thinking about getting the vaccine so that I can possibly win that lottery, get free donuts etc.

The only thing that’s holding me back is that I really want all the people of color and high-risk risk groups to get the vaccine before I do.
They need it more.

I care so much that I put myself at risk so that others might have a chance of surviving this devastating pandemic.

BigGar

high on placebo
This shit is all going to hit the fan soon. There are a lot of people out there that absolutely do not want and refuse to take any of these vaccines. If the government decides that it's o.k. for none of these people to have the right to work, unmasked, alongside their vaccinated colleagues then there are going to be real problems. My bride is required to wear a mask at work while vaccinated employees are not, and this has already cause her to be mocked and discriminated against by other employees and customers. This is after just one day. She's not going to mask up anymore and will definitely be suspended because of it. After that, hard to say where this goes, but she's all-in on fighting the good fight. Fuck 'em.

Vicious_Cycle

That's a shitty predicament your better half is in, BigGar BigGar . Sticking to her guns is admirable; I hope it pays off for her.

My employer seems like they may be on the path of forcing me out of a job since I refuse to get the experimental vaccine, but so far, so good. There's strength in numbers. I think half the company hasn't / isn't getting vaccinated, thus the hesitance to force us out of our jobs.

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
This shit is all going to hit the fan soon. There are a lot of people out there that absolutely do not want and refuse to take any of these vaccines. If the government decides that it's o.k. for none of these people to have the right to work, unmasked, alongside their vaccinated colleagues then there are going to be real problems. My bride is required to wear a mask at work while vaccinated employees are not, and this has already cause her to be mocked and discriminated against by other employees and customers. This is after just one day. She's not going to mask up anymore and will definitely be suspended because of it. After that, hard to say where this goes, but she's all-in on fighting the good fight. Fuck 'em.
I don’t understand your angle here

are you asking for the government to intervene in the policies of private businesses?

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
California unveils new vaccine passport
Residents of California now have a new way of “proving they have been inoculated against COVID-19,” a digital tool that the state is still refusing to call a digital “vaccine passport.”

The tool is not an app, not yet at least. It involves visiting this state government website, entering information, then setting a 4-digit PIN after which users will be redirected to a page containing their vaccine information.
Users will then be forced to take a screenshot of the QR code containing the information, which can then be presented at venues for scanning.

Related: How vaccine passports are crushing freedom, privacy, and civil liberties

“It’s really for the purpose of empowering individuals,” Amy Tong, director of the California Department of Technology, unironically said while announcing the tool on Friday.

The state built the tool based on the SMART Health Card Framework, which has been used by private, public, and non-profit organizations to create similar systems. According to the state’s chief technology innovation officer Rick Klau, the tool is secure as it is designed to digitally sign the QR code content, meaning after scanning, the information is matched with the information that the state has provided and the business cannot save or copy the QR code.

During the press conference to announce the tool, the state's top epidemiologist Erica Pan evaded a question on how the tool is not a vaccine passport, a term Gov. Gavin Newsom has avoided using.

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
I believe he's speaking of a business purposely putting its employees at rick by their divisive politics.
It’s going to be an crazy interesting 6 months or so

whether it’s forcing vaccination, masks or coming back into the office, businesses will be tested for sure

Especially those businesses with a young employee profile (tech). The millennials have this crazy notion that corporations are democracies and they’re about to get a rude awakening

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
California unveils new vaccine passport
Residents of California now have a new way of “proving they have been inoculated against COVID-19,” a digital tool that the state is still refusing to call a digital “vaccine passport.”

The tool is not an app, not yet at least. It involves visiting this state government website, entering information, then setting a 4-digit PIN after which users will be redirected to a page containing their vaccine information.
Users will then be forced to take a screenshot of the QR code containing the information, which can then be presented at venues for scanning.

Related: How vaccine passports are crushing freedom, privacy, and civil liberties

“It’s really for the purpose of empowering individuals,” Amy Tong, director of the California Department of Technology, unironically said while announcing the tool on Friday.

The state built the tool based on the SMART Health Card Framework, which has been used by private, public, and non-profit organizations to create similar systems. According to the state’s chief technology innovation officer Rick Klau, the tool is secure as it is designed to digitally sign the QR code content, meaning after scanning, the information is matched with the information that the state has provided and the business cannot save or copy the QR code.

During the press conference to announce the tool, the state's top epidemiologist Erica Pan evaded a question on how the tool is not a vaccine passport, a term Gov. Gavin Newsom has avoided using.

Vaccine passports are nothing new

anybody that’s travelled outside their state lines in the last 100 years knows this

BigGar

high on placebo
I don’t understand your angle here

are you asking for the government to intervene in the policies of private businesses?
It's actually Cal OSHA that's mandating un-vaccinated employees must still mask up. Some companies are taking a more lax approach to confirming which employees are vaccinated and which ones are not. Some don't ask at all. Some ask but take your word for it. Some require official documentation. My bride is incapable of lying or deception, so even if the place she works at would accept her just saying she'd had the vaccine, she wouldn't do that. It's the principle of the thing at this point. We believe the vaccine is unnecessary and potentially dangerous, and not having it doesn't increase anyone else's "risk" anyway. So they can all eat a dick.
The labor shortage being what it is, I don't think she'll have a hard time at all finding employment elsewhere, but the place she's at offers bitchin' health coverage really really cheap, so losing that is akin to losing a couple of grand every month, which will suck.

XR650RGUY

BAMF
As I recall, according to the CDC website, getting the vaccine does not prevent you from getting the virus. It MAY help you remain asymptomatic or lessen symptoms, but does not stop you from getting it. That same CDC website also says that you can transmit the virus even if you’re asymptomatic. 🥴

Think about those two facts and what’s being required. It makes very little sense the vaccinated people would be allowed to not wear masks for the safety of others.

Remember, it’s for the children. ❤

we will be vaccinating them shortly. Never mind that they are not usually affected… and considering that they can transmit asymptomatically.

wait, this whole thing makes no sense.

I don’t think this is going to end well

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
As I recall, according to the CDC website, getting the vaccine does not prevent you from getting the virus. It MAY help you remain asymptomatic or lessen symptoms, but does not stop you from getting it. That same CDC website also says that you can transmit the virus even if you’re asymptomatic.
That's not really accurate as far as the most current info on the CDC website goes (whether you choose to believe it is another story, but you referenced what you recollected them saying- things may have changed since the last time you checked their site). I'll link the sources of both quoted sections below- the CDC has stated that the vaccine does protect from infection to a high degree, and that it's unlikely (though not impossible) for an asymptomatic person to spread it (though they note the study from which this data came was limited):

Results showed that following the second dose of vaccine (the recommended number of doses), risk of infection was reduced by 90 percent two or more weeks after vaccination. Following a single dose of either vaccine, the participants’ risk of infection with SARS-CoV-2 was reduced by 80 percent two or more weeks after vaccination.

In this cluster of COVID-19 cases, little to no transmission occurred from asymptomatic case-patients. Presymptomatic transmission was more frequent than symptomatic transmission. The serial interval was short; very short intervals occurred.

In conclusion, our study suggests that asymptomatic cases are unlikely to contribute substantially to the spread of SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 cases should be detected and managed early to quarantine close contacts immediately and prevent presymptomatic transmissions.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Gar, (by extension, burly), document EVERYTHING, as soon as it happens. Think FBI meeting notes, as soon after the incident as possible. That stuff is gold.

When I wore the mask, people hassled me.
_-----_--------vs
June 11, 2021, in the main work room, ~3:15PM, while wearing my mandated mask, [named coworker] told me "quote as accurately as possible"
June 12, 2021, ~9:20AM, let [named supervisor], at her desk, know coworkers remark upset me.

Disgruntled employees keep getting shit.
Aggrieved employees get changes made.

Last edited:

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
Inventor of mRNA Interviewed About Injection Dangers

Story at-a-glance
  • Dr. Robert Malone invented the mRNA and DNA vaccine core platform technology. He has grave concerns about the lack of transparency of side effects, censoring of discussion and the lack of informed consent that these bring
  • Free SARS-CoV-2 spike protein is biologically active — contrary to initial assumptions — and causes severe problems. It is responsible for the most severe effects seen in COVID-19, such as bleeding disorders, blood clots throughout the body and heart problems. These are the same problems we now see in a staggering number of people who have received the COVID-19 “vaccine”
  • The spike protein also has reproductive toxicity, and Pfizer’s biodistribution data show it accumulates in women’s ovaries. Data suggests the miscarriage rate among women who get the COVID “vaccine” within the first 20 weeks of pregnancy is 82%
  • Israeli data show boys and men between the ages of 16 and 24 who have been vaccinated have 25 times the rate of myocarditis (heart inflammation) than normal
  • The COVID-19 injections have emergency use authorization only, which can only be granted if there are no safe and effective remedies available. Such remedies do exist, but have been actively censored and suppressed

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
Massachusetts Android users alarmed to wake up to COVID tracking app auto-installed
Massachusetts recently launched a contact tracing app for COVID-19, called MassNotifyApp, to track the spread of the virus in the state. But there is one big problem with the app; it is installing itself on Android devices without users' consent, and even on devices with parental-lock.

“Thank you MA/Google for silently installing #MassNotify on my phone without consent. But I have a request: Can you also silently install an app that makes my phone explode and kill me?” someone wrote on Twitter.

The story is perhaps one of the most egregious violations of an app during the pandemic. It also contradicts what Gov. Charlie Baker, a Republican, said about the app; that it would be voluntary.
While launching the app last week, the governor said: “As we embrace our new normal, MassNotify is a voluntary, free tool to provide additional peace of mind to residents as they return to do the things they love.”

The app, which Google and Apple helped develop, also claims contact tracing is “completely anonymous, with no location tracking or exchange of personal information.” It further claims that it does not share location data or any other personal information with Apple, Google, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, or any other entity.

But the claims directly contradict the reality. The app had over 300 reviews on Saturday, most of them one-star ratings because of its intrusive nature.
One of the reviews reads: “App automatically installed without consent. Weirdly it has no icon and I can’t find any way to open it and see if it could be useful. Bizarre that the state did something like this the very day the state of emergency ended, when over half of adults, myself included, are vaccinated. What info could possibly be necessary with this egregious level of invasiveness NOW? A year ago it would have made sense.”

Another Android user Lex Neva, noted that the app installed itself even on parental-locked devices:

“This installed silently on my daughter’s phone without consent or notification. She cannot have installed it herself since we use Family Link and we have to approve all app installs. I have no idea how they pulled this off, but it had to involve either Google, or Samsung, or both. Normal apps can’t just install themselves. I’m not sure what’s going on here, but this doesn’t count as 'voluntary.' We need information, and we need it now, folks.”

“Ghost installed without my permission, and keeps sending me push notifications. I removed it and reinstalled itself,” wrote user Beth Sivlaggio. “This isn’t something I want in my phone, it’s not something that has permission to be on my phone nor should the commonwealth or any other place/company be allowed to put something on my phone without my permission.”

In a statement to Reclaim The Net, a Google spokesperson suggested that even though the app was present, it wasn't functional until users activate it, saying:

"We have been working with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to allow users to activate the Exposure Notifications System directly from their Android phone settings. This functionality is built into the device settings and is automatically distributed by the Google Play Store, so users don’t have to download a separate app. COVID-19 Exposure Notifications are enabled only if a user proactively turns it on. Users decide whether to enable this functionality and whether to share information through the system to help warn others of possible exposure."
If you care about this stuff, you can help out and become a supporter.
WHAT'S HOLDING THE JUDGE?
A year after Twitter was sued for allegedly conspiring with Saudi Arabia to censor dissent, the lawsuit sits in limbo
It has been almost a year since Ali Al-Ahmed, a Saudi who was granted asylum in the US in 1998, filed a lawsuit against Twitter in the Southern District of New York for the platform allegedly turning a blind eye to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) spies it employed accessing his personal data to hand over to KSA's government.

And not much has changed - the court and Judge Valerie Caproni who is in charge are yet to make any moves and decide whether the case can proceed.

In the lawsuit filed in June 2020, Al-Ahmed, who is a political dissident, accused Twitter of ignoring this handiwork of two of its employees, Ali Alzabarah and Ahmad Abouammo - allegedly Saudi intelligence officers - who were themselves charged in the US with espionage a year earlier.

The data that these Twitter employees with a spying agenda were able to access from the inside revealed Al-Ahmed's email address, phone number, birthday, IP address, and contacts.

The account itself, @AliAlahmed, had 36,000 followers and was then suspended by Twitter, as were the accounts of several other Twitter users who criticized the original ban. Al-Ahmed asserted that he got cut off from his followers without being given a right to appeal, describing at the same time his presence on Twitter as the account taking many years to build and represent intellectual property that had helped with his professional credibility and income.

The account was used as a hub for insiders and whistleblowers in the KSA sending out news and tips to be disseminated to Western media.

Commenting last June on the shutting down of his own and some of his followers' accounts, Al-Ahmed said, "This is not only immoral, it is undemocratic."

The filing specified that the plaintiff believed Twitter had violated the contract it has with users once they sign on to the platform, as well as the Stored Communications Act, and other rules. Al-Ahmed claimed that Twitter failed to provide security to the account, meaning that sensitive data was disclosed not only to KSA authorities but also to other third parties.

At the time, Al-Ahmed alleged that Twitter's behavior was not accidental or anomalous, but that it, as well some other Big tech corporations turn a blind eye and abet KSA's behavior criticized far and wide, that includes alleged cases of torture and murder of dissenters, at home and abroad. And Al-Ahmed said in his lawsuit that these western companies behave in this way because of the vast wealth that major figures in the KSA enjoy. Media reports, meanwhile, recall that Twitter and the KSA regime enjoy close times, and that the Middle Eastern state is one of Twitter's largest outside shareholders.

Al-Ahmed has sought declaratory judgment, damages, including compensatory and punitive in his favor; but he is yet to see any movement in his court case.

It is now up to Judge Caproni, who was appointed to by former President Obama and is a former FBI general counsel, to make sure that protesters and dissidents who use social networks can be sure that their data and that of their allies is protected.

For some reason, Caproni has taken a year but is yet to decide whether there is merit in allowing the case to go to trial.

Al-Ahmed appears to have started using Twitter as a soapbox to criticize the KSA government, specifically Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (known as MBS) for the treatment of women, dissidents, and members of religions other than Islamic. It all started with the arrest of 27-year-old Red Crescent worker Abdulrahman al-Sadhan, who was in 2018 sentenced to 20 years in prison for using a Twitter account of his own to mock MBS and his authorities.
Al-Almed then criticized the verdict, which, according to him, to surveillance of himself and his family members, attempts to physically trap him, etc., culminating in the breach into his Twitter account and subsequent suspension.

Al-Sadhan was also unmasked by the same spies that succeeded in getting Al-Ahmedi's account hacked and then banned - and there has similarly been silence on both these cases from Twitter.
SELLING OUT
UK government hires COVID passport contractor that suggested redeploying the tech as national ID
The UK government is facing pushback from politicians and rights groups over its award of a £250,000 (approximately $345,000) vaccine passport contract to a global IT firm that has previously suggested vaccine passport infrastructure be redeployed into a "national citizen ID program" and used to facilitate valuable data collection.

The IT firm Entrust was awarded the contract by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) last month and tasked with providing cloud computing software for the COVID-status certification scheme that's run by the UK government's digital health and social care unit - NHSX.

The contract is due to expire in March 2022 but it can be extended for one year, meaning Entrust could potentially work on vaccine passport schemes until early 2023.

But critics are sounding the alarm over Entrust's past statements on how vaccine passports and its previous work on national ID systems in Albania, Ghana, and Malaysia.

In a February blog post, the company's Product Marketing Director, Jenn Markey, wrote: "Vaccine credentials can become part of the infrastructure of the new normal."

The post also recommended that "any immunity passport or vaccine credential program" should "consider a national ID strategy" where the vaccine passport infrastructure is redeployed as part of a national ID program:

"With the infrastructure and investment necessary to ensure a viable vaccine passport, why not redeploy this effort into a national citizen ID program that can be used for multiple purposes including the secure delivery of government services, secure cross-border travel, and documentation of vaccination."

And iNews reports that in a January webinar, Entrust's Senior Product Manager, John Beijjani, discussed how vaccine passports could be used by governments "to collect valuable data" about citizens.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
And iNews reports that in a January webinar, Entrust's Senior Product Manager, John Beijjani, discussed how vaccine passports could be used by governments "to collect valuable data" about citizens.

"You’ll understand why it’s not just for travel, you can take it and repurpose it to do such things as national IDs and permits," Beijjani said during the webinar. "Deploying something like a mobile travel credential also enables governments to collect valuable data. It can provide governments a quick and standard mechanism for securing their citizens. It also doesn't hurt that this information can be used to identify criminals and other bad actors as they move around the same system trying to hide anonymously in the crowds."

David Davis, a former Cabinet minister and member of the Covid Recovery Group (CRG) of Conservative Members of Parliament (MPs) slammed the the UK health department for signing this contract.

"The health department is able to go around signing these contracts without explicit Parliamentary permission," Davis said. "But it is doubly extraordinary that they sign one with a company with this sinister attitude to surveillance of citizens."

Baroness Shami Chakrabarti, former director of civil liberties group Liberty, said the contract suggested ministers were trying to add vaccine passports to legislation without a proper Parliamentary debate.

"This isn’t a mere question of competence but far more sinister," Chakrabarti said. "This is studied chaos. We need to be explicitly reassured that the Government has not already decided in favour of some kind of national ID system."

Jake Hurfurt, head of research at privacy and civil liberties group Big Brother Watch, warned that "Covid certificates would introduce ID cards in the UK by the backdoor" and branded them a "serious threat" to privacy and civil liberties:

"The fact that the government has done a deal with Entrust, a company which is openly plotting a route from vaccine passports to digital identity cards, only underlines what a serious threat Covid passes would be to our civil liberties and our privacy."

The UK government claims that it's currently reviewing vaccine passports for entry to large-scale events with the UK. It also introduced vaccine passports for Euro 2020 at Wembley as part of what it claims to be a trial.

However, the multi-year length of vaccine passport contracts and their associated privacy policies have raised concerns that they're going to become a permanent fixture in the UK.

For example, a previous version of the privacy policy for the National Health Service (NHS) app's "Covid Status Certificate" program stated that data from this program would be used after lockdowns end for "attendance at domestic events."

These concerns have been compounded by other stories including UK vaccine recipients being secretly surveilled and a retweet from UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock referring to COVID passport skeptics as "crazies."

Despite the mounting apprehension and criticism of the UK's vaccine passport contracts, the government insists the NHS app (which is currently used to demonstrate proof of vaccination) will not be used to implement national ID.

"The NHS App is not and will not be used as a national ID system," a DHSC spokesperson said. "The COVID-19 vaccine status service provides a simple and secure means of verifying users' vaccination status for international travel. The service shows only a very small part of an individual’s medical record and this information is held securely by the NHS."
GLOATING
Former Reddit CEO: “Deplatforming works”
According to former Reddit CEO Ellen Pao, deplatforming works. Pao, who became infamous for her pro-censorship policies when she was Reddit’s CEO, said that in response to a study that found that conservative groups’ popularity decreased when they were deplatformed on mainstream platforms such as YouTube.

“Deplatforming hate works,” Pao wrote on Twitter. “It worked on reddit in 2015, and now it’s working on YouTube.”
Her tweet was a reply to another tweet containing a link to a study that found out that “deplatforming is effective in minimizing the reach of far-right channels like Alex Jones & cannot be compensated on alternative platforms.”

Pao was Reddit’s CEO for a few months, between November 2014 and July 2015. During her brief tenure, she earned the nickname “Chairman Pao” for her strict pro-censorship policies that changed the culture of the platform.

There was backlash over what users saw as her dismantling Reddit’s commitment to free speech. Moderators on user-run communities even staged boycotts, dubbed “Reddit Revolt.”

Even after leaving the platform, Reddit never got back to what it once was, a platform that once welcomed and encouraged wide-ranging free speech. For instance, in 2020, the platform removed The_Donald, which was one of the largest pro-Trump communities on the internet.
BANNED
Patreon deplatforms censored video archive altCensored for "hate speech"
altCensored, a platform that archives videos that have been censored or limited by YouTube, has been booted by the fan-funding platform Patreon for "hate speech."

The platform has received around 500,000 unique monthly visitors over the last year, according to estimates based on web analytics company SimilarWeb and altCensored's server logs.

And altCensored had turned to Patreon to help cover its web hosting costs.
"We depended on Patreon to mainly cover around $100 a month in hosting," altCensored told Reclaim The Net. "We are just trying to document removed material from YouTube and cover our hosting costs as we do it."

But in an email to the platform, Patreon accused altCensored of violating its community guidelines on hate speech and alleged that altCensored had hosted content that propagates "negative stereotypes or segregational content towards protected communities."

The email doesn't point to any specific videos or cite any specific examples of how altCensored allegedly violated these hate speech rules.
altCensored said it hasn't appealed the ban yet but is "not optimistic about reversing their decision."

While alternative fan funding platforms and tools exist, it's often difficult for creators and sites to attract equivalent levels of donations through these alternatives.

Related: 🛡 The Mastercard and Visa duopoly is fast becoming the biggest threat to alternative tech

Patreon's deplatforming of altCensored follows Facebook blocking image previews on links to altCensored last year.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
Virus expert Peter Daszak, whose letter caused Big Tech to censor lab leak theory, received Google funding

Google funded research conducted by Peter Daszak, a controversial British scientist credited for the online silencing of the theory that COVID-19 virus leaked from a lab. Google claims the research it funded was not related to COVID-19.

It was a letter organized by Daszak that was used by Facebook as the basis of its censorship of the lab hypothesis.

As revealed by The National Pulse, Google’s charity arm, Google.org, funded several scientific studies co-authored by Daszak between 2010 and 2018.
“These are ludicrous and baseless conspiracy theories,” Google said in a statement Tuesday. “The one-off philanthropic grants referenced are years old and had nothing to do with COVID.”

XR650RGUY

BAMF
Regarding the new Delta variant…

I predict that the new variants will affect the people that have been vaccinated more so than those that have not. If the variant(s) were affecting those not vaccinated, the media would be pushing that narrative hard-core….but they’re not (yet)

Top Bottom