CORONAVIRUS

BigGar

high on placebo
Because those supplements aren't doing dick beyond getting you to a normal range. Your body can only use so much.

I know the emphasis on healthy eating and vitamins is to try and shift blame to the individual for catching covid and consequently dying, but covid don't really give a fuck. It's taken down triathlon competitors. some fat fucks go through unscathed

Modifying social behaviors is the effective strategy, not overdosing on vitamin D.
Apparently most hospitalized COVID patients are NOT in the normal range and show low to extremely low vitamin D levels. So yes, making sure your levels are in the normal range seems like a pretty fucking effective strategy. Even if you're a triathlete. Even if you're a fat fuck. Even if you're a Democrat.

Apparently most hospitalized COVID patients are NOT in the normal range and show low to extremely low vitamin D levels. So yes, making sure your levels are in the normal range seems like a pretty fucking effective strategy. Even if you're a triathlete. Even if you're a fat fuck. Even if you're a Democrat.
Even if you're a "Protestor".

CID

BAMF+
Was looking at an old guy this afternoon at a UPS store. Looked like a bum you'd see wheeling down the street.... literally.... he was in a wheel chair. Looked like he hadn't showed in a while and how could he. Its probably hard to get cleaned up when yer wheeling around all the time. He was buying a mailbox $116.15 in case you're wondering how much money it costs for something like that. ....anyway.... I was wondering how in the hell THAT guy doesn't have covid and some Triathlon homo does.

Probably the mask. We should make it a federal law...you know.... JUST in case. Anyway that came to mind while I stood on my assigned blue dot of distance like a fucking idiot.

Was looking at an old guy this afternoon at a UPS store. Looked like a bum you'd see wheeling down the street.... literally.... he was in a wheel chair. Looked like he hadn't showed in a while and how could he. Its probably hard to get cleaned up when yer wheeling around all the time. He was buying a mailbox $116.15 in case you're wondering how much money it costs for something like that. ....anyway.... I was wondering how in the hell THAT guy doesn't have covid and some Triathlon homo does.

Probably the mask. We should make it a federal law...you know.... JUST in case. Anyway that came to mind while I stood on my assigned blue dot of distance like a fucking idiot.

You have no way of knowing whether the guy in the wheelchair has covid or not. That's why some people suggest that everyone wear a mask in public. ... just sayin'

nomad

BAMF
Thats incredible. They are talking about opening in October, but just Phuket or soemthing. Tempting to spend winter there

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I doubt it will be fully-open by October for just anyone who'd be coming in without an existing visa- probably more like December/January, and then only for tourists from certain countries with low Covid rates. It's possible, though- the tourism dollars are sorely missed here.

This study is pointing out a correlation, not necessarily a causation. It's saying, "Hey, of the two groups, we noticed X difference between them". That's all. There could be a million reasons why there is reason X between them, like the murder rate in Chicago and the number of ice creams sold that day. No one would suggest that ice cream sales are somehow causing murders, but that's the type of implication being inferred here. Could Vitamin D prevent Covid? Possibly, but this study doesn't prove it one way or another.

This certainly suggests that Vitamin D level is a protective factor, but there could be several reasons why Covid and low Vitamin D are linked - maybe Covid depletes vitamin D stores. Maybe they don't get enough via their diet/have an issue absorbing it in their GI tract/are bedbound with other illnesses and/or don't get out in the sun enough - all of these folks could very well have gotten covid anyway.

And for the record, low vitamin D is pretty common in the public for otherwise healthy individuals. I know I'm vitamin D deficient. I'd wager a full 1/3 of the people here are deficient on some level. The study doesn't differentiate between insufficiency and some critically low value. Their criteria is anything less than <20 ng/ml is "deficient". Where does "normal" begin? 20 ng/ml. So 19 is bad, 20 is good. We're not talking about life threatening levels of low vitamin D because it doesn't really exist. Now the electrolytes - sodium, potassium, mag - swing that a few points in either direction and things turn south very quickly.

Keep your Vit D/C levels in check, eat healthy, exercise - all that stuff is good - but the most effective strategy to prevent Covid, until a working vaccine comes out, is unfortunately masks and social distancing. 🤷‍♀️

By "life threatening low levels", I mean levels that would send you to the ER immediately, like the electrolytes I mentioned. Low vitamin D causes chronic issues, not acute emergency ones.

Also, that study was "debunked" (for lack of a better term) when a followup study found that vitamin D did not reduce incidence of cardiovascular disease or cancer.

Last line of study:

In summary, daily supplementation with high-dose vitamin D for 5 years among initially healthy adults in the United States did not reduce the incidence of cancer or major cardiovascular events.

Last edited:

BigGar

high on placebo
This study is pointing out a correlation, not necessarily a causation. It's saying, "Hey, of the two groups, we noticed X difference between them". That's all. There could be a million reasons why there is reason X between them, like the murder rate in Chicago and the number of ice creams sold that day. No one would suggest that ice cream sales are somehow causing murders, but that's the type of implication being inferred here. Could Vitamin D prevent Covid? Possibly, but this study doesn't prove it one way or another.

View attachment 42347

This certainly suggests that Vitamin D level is a protective factor, but there could be several reasons why Covid and low Vitamin D are linked - maybe Covid depletes vitamin D stores. Maybe they don't get enough via their diet/have an issue absorbing it in their GI tract/are bedbound with other illnesses and/or don't get out in the sun enough - all of these folks could very well have gotten covid anyway.

And for the record, low vitamin D is pretty common in the public for otherwise healthy individuals. I know I'm vitamin D deficient. I'd wager a full 1/3 of the people here are deficient on some level. The study doesn't differentiate between insufficiency and some critically low value. Their criteria is anything less than <20 ng/ml is "deficient". Where does "normal" begin? 20 ng/ml. So 19 is bad, 20 is good. We're not talking about life threatening levels of low vitamin D because it doesn't really exist. Now the electrolytes - sodium, potassium, mag - swing that a few points in either direction and things turn south very quickly.

Keep your Vit D/C levels in check, eat healthy, exercise - all that stuff is good - but the most effective strategy to prevent Covid, until a working vaccine comes out, is unfortunately masks and social distancing. 🤷‍♀️
We are at an impasse.

Enjoy your day.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
It’s a bit difficult to spin it that way when it’s his own words on tape.

The next spin attempt will be to blame Woodward for not releasing the tape earlier.
Context, interpretation and the narrative being pushed makes all the difference.

Perception, once again, the "Mother of All" fuckers.

CID

BAMF+
We break this episode of House Wives of L.A for this news alert just in from wire.... news@11.... you heard it first here:

Trump doesn't care.
Trump is a racist.
Trump is a misogynist.
Trump is a Russian asset.
Trump lied people died.
Vote Biden.

Now back to your regular programming.

BigGar

high on placebo
It’s a bit difficult to spin it that way when it’s his own words on tape.

The next spin attempt will be to blame Woodward for not releasing the tape earlier.
They didn't play "his own words" on MSNBC, which I found strange, considering the headline. I'm sure he uttered the words they say he did, but why they didn't play the tape? It is all about tone and context. "Playing it down" to avoid a panic sounds like something a leader might do. It was still really early in this pandemic game also. So there. I've made all of the excuses you expected me to, and I certainly give zero fucks that he said this in February.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
"Muslim terrorists, Mexican rapists, MS-13, "immigrant invaders", Antifa mobs, left wing cancel culture, BLM radicals, etc..."

"Wake Up White People". I see no problem with wiping out the above mentioned.

I see no problem with wiping out the above mentioned.
This made me laugh :D

Fear mongering to you.
Opening the sheep's eyes to reality to others.
Here's a dose of reality for you - maybe illegal Mexican Antifa Muslim rapists hopping over the wall armed with machetes isn't the fucking problem.

Maybe the airborne plague that's going to kill 200,000 Americans is.

Downplay that. :roll:

This made me laugh :D

Here's a dose of reality for you - maybe illegal Mexican Antifa Muslim rapists hopping over the wall armed with machetes isn't the fucking problem.

Maybe the airborne plague that's going to kill 200,000 Americans is.

Downplay that. :roll:
There's illegal Mexican Antifa Muslim rapists with machetes? Oh no.

Z

BAMF+

A Supercomputer Analyzed Covid-19 — and an Interesting New Theory Has Emerged....

Interestingly, Jacobson’s team also suggests vitamin D as a potentially useful Covid-19 drug. The vitamin is involved in the RAS system and could prove helpful by reducing levels of another compound, known as REN. Again, this could stop potentially deadly bradykinin storms from forming. The researchers note that vitamin D has already been shown to help those with Covid-19. The vitamin is readily available over the counter, and around 20% of the population is deficient. If indeed the vitamin proves effective at reducing the severity of bradykinin storms, it could be an easy, relatively safe way to reduce the severity of the virus.

Austin_F

BAMF+
lol, no coincidence this comes out right after he's nominated for the peace prize, eh?

Austin_F

BAMF+
I know he won't get it. The committee is strictly liberals.

What I find interesting is the number of non-Americans in the comments who support his effort, like the one I posted who said he was amazed Trump got people to talk to each other that no else could.

There are many comments like that.

Top Bottom