CORONAVIRUS

nomad

BAMF
Could Mouthwash Be an Ally in Fighting COVID-19?

Story at-a-glance

• Research shows many dental mouthwashes destroy the lipid layer of coronaviruses and reduce the replication of the virus in the throat and salivary glands, making mouthwash a potentially useful prophylactic against COVID-19
  • Mouthwashes that include ethanol, chlorhexidine, cetylpyridinium chloride, hydrogen peroxide or povidone-iodine are especially effective and may even work against any new coronavirus strains that emerge
  • Certain mouthwashes, particularly povidone-iodine containing ones, have been shown to minimize the risk of viral infections and upper respiratory tract infections

BigGar

high on placebo
Could Mouthwash Be an Ally in Fighting COVID-19?

Story at-a-glance

• Research shows many dental mouthwashes destroy the lipid layer of coronaviruses and reduce the replication of the virus in the throat and salivary glands, making mouthwash a potentially useful prophylactic against COVID-19
  • Mouthwashes that include ethanol, chlorhexidine, cetylpyridinium chloride, hydrogen peroxide or povidone-iodine are especially effective and may even work against any new coronavirus strains that emerge
  • Certain mouthwashes, particularly povidone-iodine containing ones, have been shown to minimize the risk of viral infections and upper respiratory tract infections
That's gotta be a big green light for heavy alcohol consumption!

Got my blood drawn today for antibody test. Hoping for a positive on this one :)

nomad

BAMF

Harvard Study Shows Coronavirus Was in China in August

A new study out of Harvard and Boston universities indicates that SARS-CoV-2 may have been circulating in China as early as August 2019.
Researchers looked at both satellite images and internet search inquiries to determine there was “a steep increase in volume starting in August 2019 and culminating with a peak in December 2019 … These findings also corroborate the hypothesis that the virus emerged naturally in southern China and was potentially already circulating at the time of the Wuhan cluster,” researchers said.

Thats clever

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
1700 new positive cases in florida today...most since the shutdown...
again no mention of hospitals running out of beds, or ventilators....and zero mention of deaths.
Florida: 1,698 new cases, 48 deaths yesterday.

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Just asking, but ehat did the lungs look like before Covid? Healthy? Diseased? Smoker?
Don't know....20 something female, no known underlying conditions....

" The patient was not identified but the doctor said she had recently moved to Chicago from North Carolina to be with her boyfriend.

She was otherwise pretty healthy but her condition rapidly deteriorated after she was hospitalized in late April. Doctors waited six weeks for her body to clear the virus before considering a transplant.

The Chicago patient was in bad shape, with signs that her heart, kidneys and liver were beginning to fail, so she quickly moved up in line, the doctor said."

nomad

BAMF
Story at-a-glance
  • The manufactured anthrax crisis of 2001 initiated the PATRIOT Act, one of the most severe compromises of our personal freedoms up to that point. Now, the COVID-19 pandemic is being used to take away even more freedoms
  • It appears influential virologists are protecting the narrative that SARS-CoV-2 arose naturally, and did not originate from a lab in China or elsewhere, even though their scientific justification for that conclusion is faulty
  • Strong evidence suggests SARS-CoV-2 cannot be the result of a natural mutation
  • The National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), under Dr. Anthony Fauci’s leadership, has funded gain-of-function research on coronaviruses for about two decades
  • Efforts to develop coronavirus vaccines have failed for two decades, as the vaccines tend to cause paradoxical immune enhancement resulting in damaging and lethal cytokine storms

roadczar

BAMF
Website
www.roadczar.com

Austin_F

BAMF+
Lol so letting political correctness get in the way of public health.

I guess this way they can blame a second covid wave on anything BUT the protests because 'the numbers don't support that'.

Anal Disco Anal Disco , comment on excluding protesting from contact tracing? Good or bad?

You've got to read this article. The depth of liberal crazy here surpasses that of the Mariana trench.

BigGar

high on placebo
Got my blood drawn today for antibody test. Hoping for a positive on this one :)
Negative. So I have not had the 'rona. Kinda wish I had. Not sure if it's a testament to a strong immune system or dumb luck.
I'm going to take another antibody test at my brother's house as he has a bunch of them. I figured I'd get one from LabCorp first as a baseline. Neither test has been FDA approved but I figure better than nothing.

My father in law had a stroke sometime overnight. Old guy, was living on his own, barely, with a lot of help.
Wife is with him at the emergent care place right now.
They are preparing to transport him to the hospital. Hospital is not allowing any visitors at all.
Wife fears this is the last time she will ever see her father. She's probably right. This fucking blows.
Well, we got almost 2 more months out of the old guy, although they weren't of high quality for anyone involved. He wound up in hospice care in a nursing home not far from here. Once it became obvious he did not have long to live (days), the nursing home allowed my wife to visit as often as she wanted, COVID restrictions be damned (prior to that, there was NO visitation due to the virus). He checked out early this morning. What a shitty year.

nomad

BAMF

The Sun Killed COVID 19

Story at-a-glance
  • Deaths from COVID-19 dropped rapidly from a peak in late April to a low in May
  • A number of studies have suggested COVID-19 may taper off during the summer, due to higher humidity and other factors
  • A 1% decrease in humidity was predicted to increase the number of COVID-19 cases by 6.11%
  • COVID-19 disease severity is associated with vitamin D levels, with lower levels linked to more severe disease
  • If COVID-19 is seasonal, a resurgence is likely come fall, which is why the time for optimizing your vitamin D level is now

There were 199 COVID-19 deaths for the week ending May 30, 2020, among those 85 and over, while only one death was reported among 25- to 34-year-olds — an extremely rapid decline from April to May.1 What happened to make the deaths come to a standstill, according to some experts, might be the same seasonal ebb and flow that happens with many respiratory infections: Summer may have killed it.

nomad

BAMF
  • The number of coronavirus cases continues to rise in the USA, as states relax restrictions and reopen their economies.
  • Florida set new COVID-19 records in a matter of days, surpassing the previous highs from May.
  • 16 friends who went out to a reopened bar were all infected, as were other patrons who were visiting at the same time.

roadczar

BAMF
Website
www.roadczar.com

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
  • The number of coronavirus cases continues to rise in the USA, as states relax restrictions and reopen their economies.
  • Florida set new COVID-19 records in a matter of days, surpassing the previous highs from May.
  • 16 friends who went out to a reopened bar were all infected, as were other patrons who were visiting at the same time.
yet deathrate continues to fall?

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
florida reporting nearly 4000 new positives today alone.

still short on a few details...no significant mention of hospitals being overrun or beds being unavailable.

no details on if these "new" positives are related to businesses and such requring employees (especially military) to be tested on a regular basis..sometimes every week or two weeks...thus a single positive test would be counted over and over again etc.

also no mention of how long ago these tests were performed compared to when the positive result was reported.

Last edited:

rumble phish

BAMF+
Well, we got almost 2 more months out of the old guy, although they weren't of high quality for anyone involved. He wound up in hospice care in a nursing home not far from here. Once it became obvious he did not have long to live (days), the nursing home allowed my wife to visit as often as she wanted, COVID restrictions be damned (prior to that, there was NO visitation due to the virus). He checked out early this morning. What a shitty year.
Godspeed to your father-in-law VC. I'm truly sorry for your loss. :cry:

This mirrors our experience with my mother-in-law. She had a massive stroke on March 1st. Was in ICU for 2 weeks and was starting to get better. However, she was a dialysis patient and still required her 3 sessions a week. She was moved to a rehab facility on the day all the restrictions went into full swing. Couldn't visit her at all for almost 3 weeks. During that time she had another stroke during a dialysis session and she became completely unresponsive (massive brain damage). The Doc said "Fuck the restrictions. You need to come see her because she's not going to be with us much longer". He personally approved and arranged for us to come see her twice before releasing her to hospice. She was able to come home and she passed the next day, at home.

This has been one of the hardest times, personally, for us in all of our lives. That Doc was a Godsend in all this craziness. Yep, the last 30 months have been a complete shit show, having lost both of my wife's parents, her uncle and then my mother on my bday 2 1/2 years ago. Just praying that all will settle down and we can have some sort of peace in the short time we have left on this fucked planet.

From what I can tell in Ohio, for the past two weeks we have had between 300 and 430 new cases every day, up until yesterday when they added 700.
Ohio isn't real good about differentiating between the date the case was identified versus the date that case was officially reported. For instance, if they just received confirmation today that somebody died from COVID on May 20th, it apparently counts as a new case "today".

We do have a dashboard that tracks hospitalizations. It appears that despite having 700 new cases reported yesterday, we had only ONE new hospitalization.
I'll go out on a limb and suggest that the 700 will get the headlines; not the 1.

Last edited:

BilletMan

BAMF+
People fucking SUCK at social distancing! Even smart, educated folks....WTF?? I'm gonna err to the conservative, maybe I'm wrong and not needed...I'm ok with that.......We're fucking DOOMED with social distancing...the average IQ is 100....

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
anything to take the focus away from NYC...

incredible how that place was at the brink of disaster just a few weeks ago with what...4 or 5x the "world average" for positives.... that story seems to have been buried in the same place bidens sexual assault claims went.

nomad

BAMF
Majority of Clinical Trials for COVID-19 Treatments Fall Short

There are more than 2,000 registered trials for COVID-19 — with more new trials being registered on a daily basis — but researchers say a majority of those trials are lacking key features that would be crucial for determining potential treatments.

nomad

BAMF
Coronavirus Antibodies May Last Only Three Months

A Chinese study shows that a vaccine for SARS-CoV-2 may not prove to be helpful in fighting the infection because there isn’t evidence to indicate that the antibodies last more than two or three months.

Top Bottom