luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Dow Surges 600 Points As Investors Bet On A Coronavirus Vaccine Breakthrough

The blind faith in Vaccines... morons

Merck Jumps Into The Race For A Coronavirus Vaccine

only FIVE MONTH LATE... I guess they finally saw a profit opportunity
Polio vaccine creator Jonas Salk aside, profit motive is what will give us a vaccine in today's world

And I see nothing wrong with that

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Brazil's Bolsonaro continues to show up trumpy.
More people die in Brazil every day from trumpflu than die in the U.S. now.

BusaVeloce

Has never sold a motorcycle
Website
www.infowars.com

BusaVeloce

Has never sold a motorcycle
Website
www.infowars.com

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae

Excerpt:

Our politics are tribal and ineffective. Rather than designing a system of nationwide contact tracing, we debate Trump versus House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. As Americans, we should readily agree that both the President and Congress have failed miserably. Neither has focused on how to stop the epidemic. Both have focused on blaming the other.

The truth is simple and grim. If we don't stop the epidemic, we will face many more deaths and a long and deep depression. It would be wonderful if a vaccine suddenly rescues us from our persistent failure to implement basic public health measures. But don't bet on it. The recent news stories on vaccines have the hallmarks of hype, the kind of stories typically followed by long delays and disappointments. That's not a forecast, just an urgent point that we should not leave the rescue of the republic to unproven vaccines still in the early stages of development.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
Five Steps to Solve the Coronavirus Crisis Globally
If only we had the political will.

One, you go gangbusters on prevention, including on combating fake news so that you’re getting trusted information out. Including the fever testing, the isolation centers. We’re building them in Cox’s Bazar, the largest refugee camp in the world in Bangladesh. Secondly, you augment your primary health care structures. You don’t try to send 10,000 ventilators to Congo—that’s not going to do any good. But you do make sure that all the staff have PPE, that you’ve got oxygen, that you’ve got the other therapies that can help save lives. Thirdly, you mitigate the short-term collateral damage of the virus on livelihoods and on violence against women by doing cash payments to people in need, because we know that if you had a universal basic income for refugees and displaced people, you’d do a hell of a lot of good. But you also put in place some of the women’s protections, the safe spaces, etc., that we know make a difference.

The fourth thing you do is you would go on a massive adaptation program of the wider services that we provide so that kids don’t lose education and you don’t lose the gains that have been made in education. And the fifth thing you do is you vow absolutely strongly that you’ll make sure the last 10 miles for the vaccine are covered sooner rather than later. Now, if you did those things, you’d need a reasonable amount of dollars, but a fraction of the trillions of dollars that are being pumped into Western economies.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
France Bans Hydroxychloroquine To Treat Covid-19

The French government has banned the prescription of hydroxychloroquine to treat symptoms of Covid-19 due to serious concerns over health risks. Many wonder if it’s the end of the road for the wonder drug, initially championed by France in March.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
In fact, it has been nearly impossible to document outdoor transmission of the disease. This is because one factor for catching disease is dependent on the viral load - the amount of exposure which is quickly diluted outdoors and inactivated by sunlight.

im telling ya...

CID

BAMF+
no shirts, no shoes, no mask, no service.

...and make sure they're not offensive either.
Rather than designing a system of nationwide contact tracing, we debate Trump versus House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. As Americans, we should readily agree we should not leave the rescue of the republic to unproven vaccines still in the early stages of development, but instead unproven contact tracing.
fixed.

OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Cases are ramping up in South Korea causing renewed calls for social distancing

SK was one of those cases held up as an example of a stellar response to China virus

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Last day at work... . All is well now.... take your masks off, go to the beaches, go to the bars, send your kids to school and go to vacation spots, ride mass transit and travel by air.

Oh and get back to fucking work.. I get paid from your tax dollars. :)
I just realized, I get paid by tax payers too. So, I pay myself to work. :wink2:

Zippy

pinhead
Earth or possibly another planet, also Dingburg
Last day at work... . All is well now.... take your masks off, go to the beaches, go to the bars, send your kids to school and go to vacation spots, ride mass transit and travel by air.

Oh and get back to fucking work.. I get paid from your tax dollars. :)
...that is what every one is doing here...it is like memorial day was the official end of Corona season...

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
The U.S. has lost more than 100,000 people to coronavirus in three months, and the virus could be with us for decades to come. But Disney World is planning to reopen, at least

good news at last. perhaps cruise lines next month...

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
The U.S. has lost more than 100,000 people to coronavirus in three months, and the virus could be with us for decades to come. But Disney World is planning to reopen, at least

good news at last. perhaps cruise lines next month...

Our dead is but a trickle at 74 the day before yesterday 74 yesterday oddly the same number. Easily handled by the city.

Only 163 new cases yesterday.

Take your mask off and get to times Square..

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Masks work- eleven new cases here yesterday, all of whom were people that returned from overseas (6 from Qatar, 4 from Kuwait, and one from India)- they'd all been under a mandatory 14-day quarantine so they likely didn't pass it on to anyone.

There hasn't been a confirmed local transmission in four days- people here have been wearing masks since January.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
UK: Airlines Make Passengers Battle To Get Refunds, Ryanair Worst

“Initially it directed customers to online refund forms that didn’t work. Then it emailed vouchers to the customers who had requested cash refunds.

63% of easyJet customers are waiting on refunds, 23% in the case of British Airways and 19% with Jet2.

I hate that airline

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Pretty much everything is opening in Thailand from the 1st- even though alcohol can be purchased from shops, and restaurants can open, they're still not allowing alcohol to be served in restaurants- most of the transmission of Covid-19 here happened in bars and clubs, so I guess the government is still worried about a new outbreak. There's also an amended curfew from 11:00PM-3:00AM (again, to curtail gatherings and drinking):

Ed

perhaps cruise lines next month
More likely, August before things resume at any pace.

My 2¢- while some people will risk taking a flight, there'll be lingering apprehension about potentially being stuck/quarantined onboard if someone shows COVID symptoms after the ship leaves port... we're expecting our domestic and resort/all-inclusive portfolio to rebound first, then cruises.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Dead male found stuffed under a stair case around the corner from my house.. seems to be homeless ... from the smell of him he been there two to three weeks.... Corona Ruled out. Death is in the air.. :)

20200529_120554.jpg

Everyone gets a free ride in the van

IMG_56811.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom