Climate chsnge and forest fires

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
For those who blame climate change for the forest fires I have a question:
Since climate change has been an issue for several decades, why haven't our our forestry management policies changed accordingly?
Cracks me up been living less than a mile from the ocean and 50 yards from an intracoastal water way... why arent I under water? See level rise!!
Oh Ill do you one better...why does the building authority keep allowing high rise construction on the ocean front? $$$$$$$ hahahaha

CID

BAMF+
For those who blame climate change for the forest fires I have a question:

Since climate change has been an issue for several decades, why haven't our our forestry management policies changed accordingly?
Because it feels better to outlaw fire for mother earth,which is unrealistic, so instead we outlaw humans.

Pat830

BAMF
Last week, Cincinnati city clowncil initiated a ban starting 01/01/2021 on plastic grocery type bags. Instead of dealing with the ghetto rats shooting each other at an ever increasing rate which chases productive taxpayers and businesses out of the city itself, they go after an inanimate object like plastic bags so that they look like they are doing something.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
Who has been playing around with controlling the weather?

check the patent office... we have been seeding clouds since the 50's...

i can only venture a guess what kind of shit we have now...

"nevermine" the shit the CHYNEEZ stole/got from us on the sly...

just sayin'...

weatherwars@161

rumble phish

BAMF+
plastic straw ban didnt help things?
That wasn't about climate change, per se. It was to save the Sea Turtles.

Because climate change is a hoax or a democratic ploy to transfer wealth...
This is the real answer ^^^ :up:

What about Black clouds?
Shoot'em!

Last week, Cincinnati city clowncil initiated a ban starting 01/01/2021 on plastic grocery type bags. Instead of dealing with the ghetto rats shooting each other at an ever increasing rate which chases productive taxpayers and businesses out of the city itself, they go after an inanimate object like plastic bags so that they look like they are doing something.
They're late to the party. California did that in 2018! (1.67 million acres burned)

Oregon fires have burned more than the total area of CT and RI combined.
They're late to the party, too. California did that last year as well. :lol: California, blazing a path to be #1!!!

Last edited:
OP
Snail

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
I deliberately used the term 'forest fire' in the thread topic. For a reason.

Now, who among you approve of the endangered species act?

[
How dare they!!!!???!!!

CID

BAMF+
I deliberately used the term 'forest fire' in the thread topic. For a reason.

Now, who among you approve of the endangered species act?
I really like them super dooper Sequoias..... spotted owls... not so much

Drakhen

BAMF
Leftist criminals aren't usually charged for their crimes, are they?
They get charged, but they don't get held, cuz COVID or something.

Just this past weekend in Chicago, a man who had been arrested on gun charges and was on electronic monitoring shot five people, killing two.

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
since we all know people are being killed in these fires, not to mention the incredible cost, anyone setting fires in these areas should be charged with attempted murder, and then disposed of.
Arsonist do get charged with murder or attempted murder.

poor forestry mgmt is the cause... not this President or any of the past 3... try 4 decades of mismanagement
Really...well who managed the forest for the last couple of hundred years? They must have did a pretty good job because it seems like they've only been burning like this recently.... euro model advance models put hurricane ALPHA( they ran out of regular names)in the gulf next week ...poor beach management?

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Really...well who managed the forest for the last couple of hundred years? They must have did a pretty good job because it seems like they've only been burning like this recently.... euro model advance models put hurricane ALPHA( they ran out of regular names)in the gulf next week ...poor beach management?
hurricanes and wild fires?? why do you think they are burning any worse now? Because development has extended into those forest areas? Because local builders just keep on pushing?

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Over population is again the blame.. simply places are built in areas that need buffer zones, places that have natural burn, flooding, or other natural disasters are developed to the point there is no buffer zones in areas that should not have been built..

If they want a total green forest.. keep people out of it.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
Over population is again the blame.. simply places are built in areas that need buffer zones, places that have natural burn, flooding, or other natural disasters are developed to the point there is no buffer zones in areas that should not have been built..

If they want a total green forest.. keep people out of it.
the only thing i feel i need to correct is "over population"...

I feel this Earth could maintain all the current population if people where not so keen on climbing the ladder...

how many billions do you need in the bank before You become philanthropic..? ( if ever )

greed is the issue to me... We have plenty of Earth and $$$$ ...

sadly, i have zero answers...

still chasing my piece of the pie...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
The forests have been managed for a very long time here in the U.S.
Most all of the forest you see in this country now is new growth.

100+ years ago the area I'm in was harvested and then replanted.
It's much the same for everywhere else in this country save for a few select areas, that were preserved with very old growth.

Yes, cutting and replanting is an important part of forest management.
Controlled burns are a big part of the management/maintenance too.
We still have such management around here and it works but, the high humidity does help as well.

Only the last 30-40 or so years has the forest out west been left to fend for itself and it's been a huge failure as the wildfires have proven out.
The full on green tree huggers shit in their bed taking the route they have.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Forestry management includes logging/cutting strips through the forest to be used as fire breaks. All of forestry management was put on hold 30 years ago due to lawsuits from the Green People . Now the forests are left to be "au naturale"...

I'm sure Snail could explain it better than me.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
the only thing i feel i need to correct is "over population"...

I feel this Earth could maintain all the current population if people where not so keen on climbing the ladder...

how many billions do you need in the bank before You become philanthropic..? ( if ever )

greed is the issue to me... We have plenty of Earth and $$$$ ...

sadly, i have zero answers...

still chasing my piece of the pie...

I go fishing A lot. Both on shore and off. The amounts of garbage in the water is astounding..

Traffic.. every populated area is not even movable even by motorcycle.

People are simply on top of each other and the amount of fuck trophies is fucking things up to the point they are going to eat each other.

OP
Snail

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Pimpslayer I was just starting to type that, you got it right. With passage of the Endangered Species Act in the 70's GreenPeople were able to supercede the contract of 1937-39 that allowed for harvest of timber on the federal timberland. That traditional harvest privided 50% of the revenue from the timber harvest for the state.

Using the power of litigation propelled by the Sierra Club, logging federal timberland was basically halted.

Riding on the coatails of that movement huge Wilderness Areas were created, the poster child for that failure is the Kalmiopsis Wilderness Area in southern Oregon.

Work beckons, more about this later.

agri

BAMF
I am staying away from areas with exploding trees .
The trees fall down and lie there for awhile, you walk by and they fucking explode.
Yup, don't need exploding trees.:girl-wacko:

Forestry management includes logging/cutting strips through the forest to be used as fire breaks. All of forestry management was put on hold 30 years ago due to lawsuits from the Green People . Now the forests are left to be "au naturale"...

I'm sure Snail could explain it better than me.
Unfortunately, your reason and rationale doesn't fit the libtard narrative, clearly the one PWT subscribes to.

Top Bottom