Classical music

I listen to a wide variety of music. One of my favorite genres to listen to is classical. My mother listened to a lot while o was growing up, and the first musical instruments I learned to play were the Cello and the Viola.

I played a a variety of symphonic instruments in school, but played saxaphone primarily. One instrument I wish I had learned is the piano. I love piano concertos. It helps me to relax to listen to some of my favorites in a dark room. Here's one of my all-time favorites...

OP
OP
rumble phish
Moonlight Sonata was my mother's favorite, and it is one of mine as well. We actually played the third movement at her funeral. Everytime I hear Moonlight Sonata I think of her...

OP
OP
rumble phish
Rachmaninoff is another favorite of mine. I guess I lean towards the romantic composers, in regards to the piano at least.

Rhapsody on a Theme has been a favorite of mine since I was a child...

BigHock

BAMF
I do like classical, but only if I stumble upon it. Whenever I purposefully put it on, I bore of it too easy. Just hearing it from time to time organically is what I enjoy.

Racmaninov piano concerto #2 is great. Sad and sweet...

RobBase

BAMF
Hackers.......my older brother is the Music Director and Conductor of a large US city's symphony orchestra.
I was inadvertently forced to listen to classical music since I was a kid by my parents and then my brother.
My absolute favorite is Pachelbel's Canon in D.
Second would be the The Planets by Holst.
Third would be most of the music by Aaron Copland.
Can't find a good, full orchestral video of Pachelbel but this strings only version is beautiful.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
LS will likely Freepost this thread but, I won't.

I like a wide variety of music myself and classical is near the top.

I can listen to it anytime.
Played it day/night for my daughter to sleep by for years.

OP
OP
rumble phish
Hackers.......my older brother is the Music Director and Conductor of a large US city's symphony orchestra.
I was inadvertently forced to listen to classical music since I was a kid by my parents and then my brother.
My absolute favorite is Pachelbel's Canon in D.
Third would be most of the music by Aaron Copland.
Can't find a good, full orchestral video of Pachelbel but this strings only version is beautiful.
Cannon in D major is in my top 10 as well.

DaCat

BAMF
I listen to a wide variety of music. One of my favorite genres to listen to is classical. My mother listened to a lot while o was growing up, and the first musical instruments I learned to play were the Cello and the Viola.

I played a a variety of symphonic instruments in school, but played saxaphone primarily. One instrument I wish I had learned is the piano. I love piano concertos. It helps me to relax to listen to some of my favorites in a dark room. Here's one of my all-time favorites...

Just the visuals alone there are worth the watch, the music just adds to it, stunning! Thanks for posting that clip.

I listen to everything except rap and jazz, just can't stand rap at all.

I started enjoying classical more as the one particular station here has no ads, so now it's my go to station. I do prefer strings, but it's all good.

Here's my contribution to this fred:

... and one that was made famous in the movies:

LMR

BAMF
That was what they played at the end of Ocean Eleven movie. Nice

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
My 1st through 5th grade was at music school. First 5 hours of the day was piano lessons, then 3 hrs of school curriculum. My concert piece for 5th grade was Beethoven's full version of Moonlight sonata.
Continued to play piano until about the age of 20, always had a piano at home (still do)
I also took guitar lessons for 3 years in my teens and at one point could play part of Moonlight sonata on the guitar.
I don't usually listen to classical music, I do like to play it tho

hedgehog

BAMF
Now that is a blinder!

When I was about 7 my parents got rid of the TV and scored what was at the time a really good stereo system with garrard deck and a pair of fuggoff great warfdale speakers.

One of the family faves was the planets played by the London symphony orchestra......real hairs on your arms raising stuff cranked up well.

RobBase

BAMF
Now that is a blinder!

When I was about 7 my parents got rid of the TV and scored what was at the time a really good stereo system with garrard deck and a pair of fuggoff great warfdale speakers.

One of the family faves was the planets played by the London symphony orchestra......real hairs on your arms raising stuff cranked up well.
That's right motherfucker.............don't make me get all Mars on your ass......:smashtard:

But seriously, my dad and all his Filipino buddies had a serious case of Hi-Fi competition going on in the early '70's. Dad's setup
had 2 reel to reels, a B&O and a Teac, Scott tuner, can't remember the turntable, but the crowning glories were his Macintosh preamp,
tube amp, and 2 Klipshorn folded horn corner speakers.....the 1960's verson of an AK6. Turned up to 3, he could make the single pane
windows in our apartment get to the verge of shattering.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...some of Zappa's most profound material will never be performed or appreciated in out lifetime...

...it will be like Shakespeare n shit...in his time he was noted as an actor, not a playwright...

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
My local college station tried Klezmer Hour... all the listeners complained... (read in your best nasally Jew voice) "It's too loud", It's on too late", "It's too short", "it's too long", "where my bagel"... etc, etc, etc.

Top Bottom