Cisco C8 Mega Thread- All C8 Info in One Convenient Place

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
No word yet,

I did ride down to the Fremont Chevolet dealer on one of my two new 2020 Benelli TNT 135 just to put in some miles before I do the 450cc CRC RX4 Adventure bike motor transplant into it.

View attachment 40888
I am sorry but someone is blowing a lot of smoke up your rear end and has been for some time on this C8 deal. Do not even want to know the detail but it has been known by every dealer on the planet for some time what 2020 orders they will receive. The 2021 order has to be placed again THEY do not carry over automatically lol.

OP
Cisco San Jose
I am sorry but someone is blowing a lot of smoke up your rear end and has been for some time on this C8 deal. Do not even want to know the detail but it has been known by every dealer on the planet for some time what 2020 orders they will receive. The 2021 order has to be placed again THEY do not carry over automatically lol.
Got my order number, they got my $2,500 down, they completed my final changes which was magnetic shocks and change to real leather seat and not the other furry feeling leather and now just waiting form mine to be built. I can wait, no rush for me.

OP
Cisco San Jose
Cisco, are you still at 3000?
Looked at my paper work I don't see any 3000 number on the receipt, I see the sales person code number, my build cost $79K plus, the dealer code number, date 10/2019, color of the car with all the build code numbers such as Z51 package and all that stuff.

Talked to the Corvette sales manager who did the finial approval of my order and sent it to the main GM office and I also stopped by to check on my order and was told late summer, fall or maybe Christmas.

I did not push the issue on when I will get the car since I have to get rid of a couple of motorcycles "HD's" to make room for the C8.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Looked at my paper work I don't see any 3000 number on the receipt, I see the sales person code number, my build cost $79K plus, the dealer code number, date 10/2019, color of the car with all the build code numbers such as Z51 package and all that stuff.

Talked to the Corvette sales manager who did the finial approval of my order and sent it to the main GM office and I also stopped by to check on my order and was told late summer, fall or maybe Christmas.

I did not push the issue on when I will get the car since I have to get rid of a couple of motorcycles "HD's" to make room for the C8.
they really narrowed it down, did they say what year?

OP
Cisco San Jose
they really narrowed it down, did they say what year?
They were allocated 14 on their first order and I was on the list pass 14 so they told me that they will have a second allocation and I should be on that list. If I had kept my first order the one in Florida at Stingray Corvette I would have gotten mine by now since I was number 50 out of 200 on their first allocation. But watching the youtube videos Stingray Corvette in Florida got their allocation late.

Redwood City Corvette dealer Boardwalk is already taking orders on 2021 C8's

Everything that has even shipped but not delivered to the customer is on hold. Software release is tentative for the 25th of August. GM will update at BG for the ones that have not left. Everything else is dealer or over the air.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
when will the ZR1 version details be released (official version not fanboy version)

tinhead

Has never named a pet
This goes back a ways, maybe 40 years. Uncle Joe was retiring and wanted a new Chevy. Off he went to the dealer in Stafford, ordered up a new Caprice with just what he wanted. He left a thousand dollar deposit, very large for that time, but he thought it would grease the wheels on getting his car built. The dealer went broke before the car was delivered, Uncle Joe became just another unsecured creditor in the bankruptcy, he never got a penny back.

Cisco, are you still at 3000?
I am the one that said 3000 on the previous page. Poor Cisco has not even asked his Dealer from reading the above. If he wanted to find out it is easy if his Dealer is being honest with him. No reason to worry about it but depending where his order is it may be required he put in a 2021 order NOW. This is not rocket science folks to know where you stand at this point you just have to ask a simple specific question of you Dealer.

OP
Cisco San Jose
I am the one that said 3000 on the previous page. Poor Cisco has not even asked his Dealer from reading the above. If he wanted to find out it is easy if his Dealer is being honest with him. No reason to worry about it but depending where his order is it may be required he put in a 2021 order NOW. This is not rocket science folks to know where you stand at this point you just have to ask a simple specific question of you Dealer.
When I went to the dealer, my sales person told me not to worry that it will get here, they already have gotten 4 cars in and out so that means 10 more coming in for their first Allocation and then the second allocations come in. They told me they have over 50 buyers on their waiting list and I'm closer to the first allocation number since I was in there at Oct 2019 time frame doing my pre-order. They were surprise I had the dealer order codes for what I wanted all printed out and all they did was punch in the numbers for my build.

I'm not to worried. I know the 2021 prices have gone up for some updates such as magnetic shocks like $900 and Z51 package went up and LT2 package went up.

Used C8's are showing up on the market at around $100,000-$120,000 depending on the trim, base LT1, Z51 package LT2, and the all in package LT3. The base model C8's used are over $100,000 and even more expensive in Canada.

When I went to the dealer, my sales person told me not to worry that it will get here, they already have gotten 4 cars in and out so that means 10 more coming in for their first Allocation and then the second allocations come in. They told me they have over 50 buyers on their waiting list and I'm closer to the first allocation number since I was in there at Oct 2019 time frame doing my pre-order. They were surprise I had the dealer order codes for what I wanted all printed out and all they did was punch in the numbers for my build.

I'm not to worried. I know the 2021 prices have gone up for some updates such as magnetic shocks like $900 and Z51 package went up and LT2 package went up.

Used C8's are showing up on the market at around $100,000-$120,000 depending on the trim, base LT1, Z51 package LT2, and the all in package LT3. The base model C8's used are over $100,000 and even more expensive in Canada.
Allocations do not mean Squat at this point never did actually. Anyway, best of luck to you in your quest. If someone has my money I want to know Exactly what is going on....... Reality is you have no idea what year or when you will get it and the sad part is they know now if the 2020 is a firm no go just by where your order is in the system and can order a 2021. Every dealer in the country has a vault full of deposits--mine has over 400 and 2021 is already sold out.................

OP
Cisco San Jose
Allocations do not mean Squat at this point never did actually. Anyway, best of luck to you in your quest. If someone has my money I want to know Exactly what is going on....... Reality is you have no idea what year or when you will get it and the sad part is they know now if the 2020 is a firm no go just by where your order is in the system and can order a 2021. Every dealer in the country has a vault full of deposits--mine has over 400 and 2021 is already sold out.................
Are you in Southern California or another state, My car is coming from Fremont Chevrolet, south bay Northern California about 5 miles from my house

Are you in Southern California or another state, My car is coming from Fremont Chevrolet, south bay Northern California about 5 miles from my house
My Dealer is Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine Texas. Classic is the biggest Chevy (not Corvette but top 19) dealer in the US. Was in my Dealer was in there 2 weeks ago having the fuel filter changed and 3 recalls done on my 2020 2500 Denali and stopped by to say hi to some of the people I have known for at least 25 years. That is what the SM told me who I have known for 25 years or so.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
interesting, I wonder how it will stack up against a Tesla roadster. Both are basically not available so its all speculation. Call me old fashions but I still really like the sound of a V8 or V10 or V12.....not so much with the V6 though I know they are in some cool machines too...(Raptor, GT40 etc), I could lower my self into a GT40...literally.

gsxrian

BAMF
I wonder if my C5R 427 racing corvette motor would bolt up to the 8 speed transmission and mount to the C8 engine mounts, and where would the twin turbos and intercoolers go? ... hmmm

I wonder if my C5R 427 racing corvette motor would bolt up to the 8 speed transmission and mount to the C8 engine mounts, and where would the twin turbos and intercoolers go? ... hmmm
LOL :) :) That transmission is so far out of that crude motor's ability it would not be worth it costing you SO much money to develop the hardware, software then the testing it would be prohibitive. That transmission is only good for a certain amount of HP anyway. My modified C7 Z06 motor would kill it in about 5 minutes. Do the research on it you will understand. Even uses unique transmission fluid.

gsxrian

BAMF
LOL :) :) That transmission is so far out of that crude motor's ability it would not be worth it costing you SO much money to develop the hardware, software then the testing it would be prohibitive. That transmission is only good for a certain amount of HP anyway. My modified C7 Z06 motor would kill it in about 5 minutes. Do the research on it you will understand. Even uses unique transmission fluid.
What mods, rwhp and top speed are you making with your "modified C7 Z06 motor"?

What mods, rwhp and top speed are you making with your "modified C7 Z06 motor"?
768 at the Dyno. Heads, Cam, Head work, Blower porting and Pulley size change, E85 conversion, intake ported, large intercooler tank added, long tube headers, valves, springs, rods, meth injection, some other other things as well plus several hours on the dyno writing tunes it uses for different fuel. Had it to 210 gps then shut it down the wing on the back kills top speed---been 165 to 185 speedo indicated more times than I can count.

Have a MP4 and a MOV file of the first start after the mod work. Sounds pretty good but this site will not allow me to post it.

Last edited:

gsxrian

BAMF
768 at the Dyno. Heads, Cam, Head work, Blower porting and Pulley size change, E85 conversion, intake ported, large intercooler tank added, long tube headers, valves, springs, rods, meth injection, some other other things as well plus several hours on the dyno writing tunes it uses for different fuel. Had it to 210 gps then shut it down the wing on the back kills top speed---been 165 to 185 speedo indicated more times than I can count.

Have a MP4 and a MOV file of the first start after the mod work. Sounds pretty good but this site will not allow me to post it.
Sweet ride, congrats!

Post the video to YouTube and then post the link.

Do you have a picture?

gsxrian

BAMF

This is a proper C8 test on a track with a professional driver!

Can't wait for Chris Harris to test one.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I'd be ok with that...except the brakes don't occupy enough real-estate in those wheels to look right...and the windshield wiper looks stupid

Top Bottom