"Chicken fried" or "Country fried"

rumble phish

BAMF+
I don't care what you wanna call it, it's just damn good.

Cube steak, dipped in an egg wash and dregged in flour with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little onion powder. Fried to a crispy edge in a little bit of vegetable oil. Easy to make and delicious. :up:

BigGar

high on placebo
Just when I thought I'd had bacon just about every way possible, you go all Forrest Gump Bubba on me.

Pretty much fried anything is great, and chicken fried steak (that's what I've always called it), is a top notch breakfast. Scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits, and sausage gravy all over the entire pile of course.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I discovered Chicken Fried Steak Fingers for the first time when I moved to TX.
That + dark gravy + Tabasco is very, very tasty indeed.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Uff da! That shit is nasty. I think everything they heat up at Crapper Barrel is cuntry fried.

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
I don't care what you wanna call it, it's just damn good.

Cube steak, dipped in an egg wash and dregged in flour with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little onion powder. Fried to a crispy edge in a little bit of vegetable oil. Easy to make and delicious. :up:
And photographed with your Bert camera...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Just when I thought I'd had bacon just about every way possible, you go all Forrest Gump Bubba on me.

Pretty much fried anything is great, and chicken fried steak (that's what I've always called it), is a top notch breakfast. Scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits, and sausage gravy all over the entire pile of course.
It's fucking awesome is what it is.

Try it but, stay far away from places that cook it frequently or it'll kill you.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I consider my self a decent cook.. yet have never made PERFECT fried Chicken...

I only had chicken friend steak once and it was not medium rare inside.. way over cooked for my liking when it comes to beef. The Gravy was very much needed for that meal. :)

A great fried anything is about batter and oil temperature.

OP
OP
rumble phish

rumble phish

BAMF+
I consider my self a decent cook.. yet have never made PERFECT fried Chicken...

I only had chicken friend steak once and it was not medium rare inside.. way over cooked for my liking when it comes to beef. The Gravy was very much needed for that meal. :)

A great fried anything is about batter and oil temperature.
Being that one should use cube steak when making Chicken (or Country) Fried Steak, I don't believe medium rare would be appropriate. In my opinion, that would make it too wet, causing the batter crust to get soggy. But of course, it is completely subjective and depends on who is eating it as to how it is cooked. I prefer the cube steak to be well tenderized and pounded fairly flat, well seasoned prior to dipping it in the egg wash, then dredged in well seasoned flour. Then back into the egg wash, and back through the flour. Let it rest in the fridge for about 20 min or so before placing it in a pan of vegetable oil @ 325 degrees for about 3 minutes per side, twice. This makes for a fork tender piece of meat, with a nice, golden brown crunchy fried batter on the outside.

I ate mine this morning with a piece of toast from a fresh loaf of white bread I made yesterday, topped with an egg made over-medium (I hate runny egg whites), and then both the steak and the toast/egg covered with a generous portion of the gravy.

BigGar

high on placebo
Hey, to each his own buddy. I just get disappointed if there's not a lot of sausage chunks and grease in my gravy.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
No wonder you Round-Eyes lead the world in cardiovascular disease and corpulence.:eek:

I make some fantastic Tonkatsu
I used to live near one of the top-rated tonkatsu places in Tokyo (wasn't expensive at all, considering their rep)- not only was their pork top-quality and cooked perfectly every time, but their hot mustard sauce was amazing as well. Man, I miss that place- I've never found its equal.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Why, I have never lanced a corpse!

How could you think such a thing?

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Why, I have never lanced a corpse!

How could you think such a thing?
I realize we're only in July and there's quite a bit of 2019 left to go, but I'm calling dibs this one for my 'Labs Worst Pun of the Year' entry- this is gonna take some beating- even YSR has been humbled- well done!:lol:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Sometimes, sometimes I can string a word or two together...

...and then other times, it's just there at arms reach.

I blame my father and Ray Bradbury.

Top Bottom