Chernobyl

BilletMan

Makes Chips and Rapid Conversaion
BAN nuclear power until molten salt thorium reactors are perfected, then GO NUKE!!

Stetson

BAMF
A guy at work actually gave me his HBO login info, telling me I should watch it. He's never offered me his account for anything else in the last 6 years, so I figured it must be good.

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
I'll repeat what I've posted many times before

If you believe in human caused global climate change, then only the full on embracement of nuclear power will save the planet

The faux hopes of solar and wind aren't going to do it

Nuclear power needs a disruptor the likes of what SpaceX and Blue Origin are doing to space exploration. It will happen and we will forever wonder why we were so naïve to have waited so long

BilletMan

The consequences of enormous disaster are, well, enormous. Half-life is a motherfucker! Don't cross me, LS. There will be hell to pay. Don't argue with me....be part of the SOLUTION! If you're so fucking smart (self-proclaimed), then quit dicking around with cheesy little apps for tiny phones and go help them! Fucker. This is BRILLIANT!! We needed this 20 years ago: Building A Safer, Cleaner Nuclear Reactor

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
I don't do phone apps...Christ

Fission has a bright future but the bandwidth is being exhausted, although admittedly I haven't kept up

Fusion is the future and the ultimate saviour of humanity, and I think it will happen sooner than the 50+ year realizing timeline that many predict

ITER should start producing results next year or so (and yes, I'm still fucking bitter as hell it wasn't built in the United fucking States of America)

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
...and I don't claim to be smart, just smarter than you (and better looking than you, and taller than you, richer than you, with a much bigger dick than you, and have been laid at least n + 1 times more than you, where n = 0)

BilletMan

Molten salt thorium sounds PERFECT for here and now! Can you find fault with the fantastic claims of the Popular Science article?

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
I've been reading about pebble reactors, thorium, <fill in the next big fission hope here> solutions for decades and nothing comes of it

That's cos you're looking at this wrong. Fission doesn't have a tech challenge, it's a political and public awareness problem having been plagued with fake news

It's political suicide for any authority to launch net new generation, and than translates into near 0 innovation

That's why it will take an Elon Musk to resurrect it from the ashes like he is with EV and SpaceX. Because government sure as fuck ain't gonna do it

BilletMan

Yet, you don't know me, never met me (nor ANYONE else from here), know nothing about me....but OK, if that's your position, then you GO! Apparently we've been in competition on many fronts, for a long time. I guess it was a long time ago that you became enamored with me. I'm just a participant here, but evidently you see me as competition. Fucking weird. It's peculiar that you didn't mention any sort of physical challenge. Shit, I had no idea you were so smitten....

...and I don't claim to be smart, just smarter than you (and better looking than you, and taller than you, richer than you, with a much bigger dick than you, and have been laid at least n + 1 times more than you, where n = 0)

Last edited:

VFR Rider

BAMF
Watched a documentary on Chernobyl about a year ago. Never knew about the two heroic men who gave their lives in order to stop a possible second explosion. They knew they would die a horrible death.

Drakhen

BAMF
Fusion is the future and the ultimate saviour of humanity, and I think it will happen sooner than the 50+ year realizing timeline that many predict
I know that there have been some large leaps forward on the fusion front in the last couple years, but "it'll be ready in about 50 years" is what they've already been saying for over 30 years. I'm hopeful, but I'm not holding my breath.

OP
OP
BigHock

BigHock

BAMF
Watched a documentary on Chernobyl about a year ago. Never knew about the two heroic men who gave their lives in order to stop a possible second explosion. They knew they would die a horrible death.
Yeah man... fucking horrible. True hero shit.

Top Bottom