Charlie Mavros dead - Karma!

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
RIP dude.
Hope his g/f is okay.

Racer Kyriacos "Charlie" Mavros, age 52, died Thursday, March 29th in a motorhome crash at about 8:00 p.m. on I-95 in South Carolina. He was on his way to an AHRMA race at Carolina Motorsports Park (CMP) when his motorhome veered off the highway and into the surrounding forest, then caught on fire.His girlfriend, Sylvia Yamileth Valladares, age 41, was pulled from the wreckage by a motorist and is being treated in the burn unit of a hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
Mavros was a successful businessman who owned car lots, car washes, and other companies, and was part owner of the Sin City nightclub in New York.
Mavros was an avid road racer competing with multiple organizations and had an extensive motorcycle collection.
He is survived by a son, Andrew, and three daughters, Stephanie, Stacey, and Christina Mavros.

rumble phish

BAMF+
You can’t tell us why he is a POS? Are we supposed to come to that conclusion by what is in that article? Do tell. He was racer, enthusiast, and he worked. What are we missing?
More so than his hobbies and businesses, he was a father to three children. Sounds like this guy made his own way in the world. Sure, he probably pissed a few folks off on the way, but who successful hasn't? Is it personal between you and him? Did he back over your rose bushes and feed your dog PB with laxative in it? Or are you just jealous of what he had and what he did in his life, in comparison to yours? Do tell!

Vegas12

BAMF+
Just wondering if the internet is slow where the OPer lives....only took 3 months to get the news.

OP

gsxrian

BAMF
Typical New Yorker, stole and fucked people to get ahead in life .... got what he deserved!

You can only get away with that type of behavior for so long until your ticket gets punched.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Typical New Yorker, stole and fucked people to get ahead in life .... got what he deserved!

You can only get away with that type of behavior for so long until your ticket gets punched.
Yup- we New Yorkers are all the same in that regard...

I'll be back later- I gotta go steal some shit and fuck a few people over- it's 6:40am here, and if I don't get an early start, I'll miss my daily quota.:lol:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Brooklyn born-and-raised- you don't get more 'New York' than that (though there's a Bronx-boy who'd probably argue that).:p

OP

gsxrian

BAMF
New Yorkers in general are pretty cool especially the ones that migrate to new paths and ventures in life. Its the vacationers and life long home state new Yorkers that are the epitome of douchebaggery. Just my opinion.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
The only New Yorkers that are "cool" are the dead ones!

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
Charlies bikes are going up for auction.
Anyone want to guess on cumulative value?? 2,3,5 million??

Think the MotoCorse built Pierobon was north of $100k to build with what he already had.
Supposed to be some connex boxes full of project bikes

J Wood and Company

Wretch

amazingly graceful
The only New Yorkers that are "cool" are the dead ones!
That's a bit harsh me thinks.

I was a New Yorker for right at 3 years and dearly loved going to watch the Islanders play.
That and the friends I made there and have from there, right here on this very board.

You could do well to base your hate on individuals based solely on their own individual merits or lack thereof; instead of where they might hail from.
But, if you have to paint with the large brush with such broad strokes, I understand.

Blame and anger can be all consuming when you let it.

Good luck with your new rose bushes.

Terry_Schiavo

They're not heaps...but they did sell 1500 of them. Hell, some guys used them for track day bikes.
A factory GP bike is a LOT harder to come by.
of course but I was reading an owner experience of the Desmo. Im guessing Ducati thought nobody was going to want to ride such an expensive bike. And I got to experience riding with 1 at Laguna for a couple laps before he was meatballed...lol. Knowing nothing about them.

Terry_Schiavo

didnt think Mavros was queer... fucker has 5 Gyros!!! :fu: Amusing tidbit... Dynojet 200 has ZER0 bids...lol

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
Charlies bikes are going up for auction.
Anyone want to guess on cumulative value?? 2,3,5 million??

Think the MotoCorse built Pierobon was north of $100k to build with what he already had.
Supposed to be some connex boxes full of project bikes

**JUST ADDED- Over 200 parts and tools lots to be sold right after the bikes on the 9th!!

See Pictures Below! J Wood and Company

roadczar

BAMF
Website
www.roadczar.com
I was curious about the "fees", especially for out of state purchases. Here is the reply I got for an example of a $5000 bid win. I was surprised that they charge FL sales and county taxes on vehicles as I would also have to pay it in IL. Bullshit.

Purchase price $5,000
10% Buter’s premium $539
Proxibid 3% $150
Fl sales tax 6% $300
County tax on first $5k 2 1/2 $125
Total $6,114
Credit card @ 3% $184
Grand total $6,298

We have to be out of this building by noon of November 14, We would have your bike shipped to Crystal River and stored for pickup there
For $300

Vegas12

BAMF+
I was curious about the "fees", especially for out of state purchases. Here is the reply I got for an example of a $5000 bid win. I was surprised that they charge FL sales and county taxes on vehicles as I would also have to pay it in IL. Bullshit.

Purchase price $5,000
10% Buter’s premium $539
Proxibid 3% $150
Fl sales tax 6% $300
County tax on first $5k 2 1/2 $125
Total $6,114
Credit card @ 3% $184
Grand total $6,298

We have to be out of this building by noon of November 14, We would have your bike shipped to Crystal River and stored for pickup there
For $300

I'm guessing any sales tax is reciprocal if already paid.

When registering it in your state, you bring in your sales contract showing sales tax was paid....at least that's the way it works here.

Vegas12

BAMF+
OK, I hope that's how it works, but over time I bought at least dozen bikes out of sate and have never paid any sales tax on the spot before.
Yeah, it's all bullshit now.

There's tax on ebay crap, amazon, mail order etc..

Won't be surprised if they start taxing on Craigslist ad sales.

Last edited:

nomad

BAMF
need a few examples of POS to pass that judgement
Dying in a motorhome crash is somewhat unfortunate. Was there ice on the road? Perhaps he fell asleep?

Last edited:

nomad

BAMF
I did an AHRMA race at Road America a few years ago and Charlie was pitted next to us. I knew Charlie thru a mutual friend but hadn't really spent much time around him. He'd come all the way from Florida and blew up his 848 first practice, I had a spare bike, an 1198 and told him he could race it if he'd just pay me for the tires. He switched his plastic to it and raced it against the air cooled Ducs and 848s and finished second, the guys in the Moto Corse pits he was racing against knew what was going on and asked him to DQ himself. Charlie got pissed and there was a huge shouting match, he didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with racing an 1198 against 848s. He ended up buying the bike from me at the end of the weekend, that was Charlie.

His girlfriend lent her hair dryer to my missus when hers took a dump at Roebling.

When i broke my neck and back, Charlie came to my pit and asked if I was ok and if we needed anything.

A good man taken too soon.

RIP

Charlie and Sylvia were on the way to a race, and he lost control of his rig. Large rv and trailer. as of 10pm last night, there were some conflicting news reports on-line (actual news outlets) but Sophia called me again (girlfriend, that is very close with Sylvia) that Charlie was pronounced dead at the scene. I didn't post anything till some of his family had been notified. Sylvia is in a hospital in GA with some broken bones, and (i'm told) only 1st degree burns. She is in surgery for some of the breaks. I'm glad (and hope it's true) that it's only 1st degree burns, as she had been flown from the scene to a burn unit at the hospital. Her friend Rossy was on the way last night to be with her.. I spoke with some of Charlie's family this morning.
He will be missed. The guy had an unreal business mind, could be funny as hell one minute, and infuriating the next. And was more passionate about all things motorcycles than most anyone i have ever personally met.

we literally have the same birthday (March 3rd), his house is 5 minutes from mine.. we argued like little kids when we were fighting for a silly FL regional overall championship six years ago, but yea, were were always friends nevertheless.

There is/was nothing more stressful than trying to get Charlie to stay in line during parking for the Barber Vintage Festival.

I cannot count how many times we almost came to blows over the last 6 years.

Each time afterwards we would laugh/smile because he would try so hard to drive past the line then cuss me out when I would sit in front of him and make him lose nose positions out of punishment.

I’ll miss that....

Remember a few years back when he stole my spot? I have raced with Charlie a lot over the years. In fact, there’s been very few races I attended in the last 15 years that he wasn’t at. We rode a similar pace, with him ALWAYS having the HP advantage, so there probably isn’t a person in the world that I have diced it up more with. There were times we were furious with each other, but we always laughed it up at the end of the day. His presence will definitely be missed. Everyone who met him has at least one “Remember when Mavros........” story, I’m still hearing new ones every weekend. He was a good guy and for the amount of racing he did, to go out in a stupid RV crash....just can’t believe it. RIP Charlie.

Damn, what shitty way to go. Countless lightweight races against him. He was quite a character. Always a riot at the awards banquet and sometimes rider meetings. Could be an ass on the track though, he ran me of the track several times.

R.I.P. Charlie
Gino's right we all have our stories of him, he was a true racer. One of the only people who I knew that was just as competitive as myself but 10 times bat shit crazier. I started thinking of all the things I've raced against Charlie throughout the years and it made me laugh out loud; motorcycles, scooters, golf carts, bicycles, shopping carts, shit I even had a foot race with him one night at the hotel back to the room. When I came back this year after being away for several years he was the first person to come up and give me shit in line at registration, He will be missed...R.I.P. Charlie

Charlie was a guy that you had to peel a couple of layers back to understand. There really was a great guy inside there. I met him many years ago at Summit Point when he passed me on the brakes in to T1 with his back wheel in the air almost every lap, and we had a close battle all race long. I ran right over to see who this guy was and we became friends then. Some of my best races were with him and he would pass you close and welcome it in return. He was as passionate about racing as anyone ever could be and made it a point to do what and how he wanted. It was entertaining if you were not the one in the crosshairs, and even those would likely get along after a laugh. He will be missed and our prayers go out for Sylvia for a full recovery and Charlie's surviving family.
Godspeed #14 and don't crash the gate.

No offense to his friends and family but seriously you guys just keep describing a real asshole. Douche in person, cheating and thinking it's okay, I don't get it.​

He was no doubt an asshole. This coming from an asshole.

But at the end of the day, I think he meant well. I dunno, he was always mean to me but I would just give it right back to him.

I wish I could have videoed myself standing in front of his massive rig at barber after he tried to cut the line then letting multiple people pass him. I swear the steam coming from his ears was like smoke signals.

RIP Charlie Mavros???

Last edited:
Top Bottom