Cars and Cocktails, Stan Hywet exotic car benefit

Team222

BAMF
A friend was invited to a charity event last Friday to display his Facel Vega, here are a few pics he took. There were over 50 rare and or exotic automobiles there, he doesn't get around very well so he was unable to take many pictures, but what he did you may enjoy 😊!
IMG_8189.jpegIMG_8187.jpegIMG_8182.jpegIMG_8180.jpegIMG_8184.jpegIMG_8185.jpegIMG_8186.jpegIMG_8188.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Team222

Team222

BAMF
Props to him for still getting out and going.
He is a very old school gentleman, some of the cars in his collection he bought 50 yrs ago and needed extensive restoration, a couple parts cars were needed, the only thing he ever shopped out was the interior work, minus the wood dash cars, he did all of that himself.

He is having a hell of a time getting the Allard K3 wired, the new loom from England didn't come with a schematic, none of their looms do! All he has is a blurry screen shot that you can't read the code legend, so it's worthless. He belongs to the Allard register and they don't have any leads either.

This is the kind of guy he is, today I suggested he use a well known local shop that has been around for 40 yrs to just do it for him, he knows of the shop (Wire Wizards) but replied to my suggestion with a forlorn look On his face, "I have done everything on this Allard myself and I just can't let someone else finish it, I just couldn't do that"

This is the best he's got, anybody know a better source, real not imaginary ?
IMG_81681.pngIMG_81681.png

Talk to the wire wizard, explain the situation, have one of them come over. Talk to him, let him bring his car to the shop, they help him finish it with him there for all of it.

Worth a try.

OP
Team222

Team222

BAMF
I initially asked Gar if he had any customers who owned an Allard or could recommend somewhere to get a schematic, he said no but how hard could it be to wire and old 50's car. Well pretty damn hard when there are 25 different colors on the loom and no identification tags, the dash alone has 25 different gauges, lights and switches!

He is having a hell of a time getting the Allard K3 wired, the new loom from England didn't come with a schematic, none of their looms do! All he has is a blurry screen shot that you can't read the code legend, so it's worthless.
Is it from these guys? If not, maybe check with them for a diagram? I agree with whomever thinks it can't be all that difficult to wire an Allard. And if he's in a club, I would think some of the other members could share pics to help get him started... and finished.

• Red
Reactions: Red
OP
Team222

Team222

BAMF
AutoSparks is were he bought the loom, they do not sell or offer a schematic, first place that I checked! They emailed me back stating they don't need a schematic to make the main and secondary looms, WTF.

Also emailed the outfits in the states, neither offer schematics for the Allard.

The Allard club prez sent me the ragged schematic I posted, the best example so far, remember as I stated Allard only made 67 K3's, pretty rare and short run. There is a story that his Allard was touched by Zora Dusta, usually the engine was installed after the Allard's came over to the states, his was fitted with a Cadillac engine at the Allard factory in England before being shipped over, only one documented to leave the factory that way! Like the Cobra that Gar posted about, his Allard's cross members are welded in and the Transmissiom is removed through the inside of the car after the tunnel cover is taken off, the frame is chrome moly tube, the rear axle has inboard disc brakes, all this in 1953!
IMG_1344.jpg

Top Bottom