CarMax, car buyin’ MoFo’s

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Sold my wife’s fully loaded 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6 Touring with only 9,700 miles on it to CarMax yesterday, bought it new for $33,000, they cut a check for $35,000. WTF ? They must be making the money on financing the car, not sure how much more you could mark it up ?

…we were just not Subaru people :smile2:

We be truck people :lol: ordered a 2022 F350 XLT 4X4 single cab long bed with the 7.3 Godzilla (gas) engine and 4:30 diff.

wormser77

BAMF+
Sold my wife’s fully loaded 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6 Touring with only 9,700 miles on it to CarMax yesterday, bought it new for $33,000, they cut a check for $35,000. WTF ? They must be making the money on financing the car, not sure how much more you could mark it up ?

View attachment 77660

We be truck people :lol: ordered a 2022 F350 XLT 4X4 single cab long bed with the 7.3 Godzilla (gas) engine and 4:30 diff.

View attachment 77661
What do you think it gets for mpg unloaded and fully loaded?
Good looking truck!

Stetson

BAMF+
I took my shiny 2017 Focus RS to the dealership to get a battery for my work F150, wound up selling them the car for a little less than I paid for it, three years ago. They now have it for sale for more than I paid. :biggrin1a: I had my fun with it, time to move it along. I miss burning my tires when I feel like it, and it rode awful on our shit roads. Couldn't go half the places I wanted to because it was too low. Wife and one kid hated it, too.

I'm still thinking about just buying a nice truck/blazer/suburban something from the 70s or 80s that someone else has already fixed up, so I don't have to fuck with anything.

OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

won‘t be getting it for a few months or so but empty around 13-14, loaded 9-10 is what they are sayin’

What do you think it gets for mpg unloaded and fully loaded?
Good looking truck!

OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

sorry to hear the RS is gone, a fun little car for sure but I understand the limitations.

a good source for trucks and burbs here, the guys post up facefuck and Craigslist ads for sale all the time...I’ve bought more than one from someone’s posting :lol:

I took my shiny 2017 Focus RS to the dealership to get a battery for my work F150, wound up selling them the car for a little less than I paid for it, three years ago. They now have it for sale for more than I paid. :biggrin1a: I had my fun with it, time to move it along. I miss burning my tires when I feel like it, and it rode awful on our shit roads. Couldn't go half the places I wanted to because it was too low. Wife and one kid hated it, too.

I'm still thinking about just buying a nice truck/blazer/suburban something from the 70s or 80s that someone else has already fixed up, so I don't have to fuck with anything.

OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

Get one! what the heck, I’ll drive ya around…fast if that’s OK :cool:

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy

View attachment 77660

View attachment 77661
Great pick.
The 7.3 won t ever bore you and still has plenty torque for the occasional haul.
Its consumption is very similar to that of a diesel, but the gas engine saves you money in scheduled maintenance costs and lower fuel prices than diesel at the pump.
The single cab makes sense if you te not hauling the whole family around in it

Stetson

BAMF+
That's what the ad said, in two different places. It looks decent in the pic, we'll see though. No interior pics, probably gutted or something...

I'm an idiot, I'm buying it. It's not a factory 5-spd, she's been converted. Body is in great shape though. Lift kit, long tube headers, leather interior, 260K showing. I need another project like a third nut, especially going into fall. I've already got a '98 Jeep XJ project in the garage I bought in June. I took a buddy with me to look at the 'burban that's bought and sold many older GM trucks and he said if I passed he was buying it. Comes with a '96 or 97 parts truck with a running 5.7. All told, I'm into it for less than half the MSRP of a Benelli tnt 135. That'll change!!!

OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

Let the knuckles bleed :cool:

is that 5 speed a NV4500 ?

Stetson

BAMF+
3500, he said. Rain and lightning rolled in as we were looking it over. I was looking at frame, brake lines and body mounts underneath, and forgot to confirm when I was peeking under it. I'll get a look when I yank it. Not even any rust on the bottom of the doors, weird. Can't have been in Maine its whole life.

OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

here ya go, you may need it :lol:

I'm an idiot, I'm buying it. It's not a factory 5-spd, she's been converted. Body is in great shape though. Lift kit, long tube headers, leather interior, 260K showing. I need another project like a third nut, especially going into fall. I've already got a '98 Jeep XJ project in the garage I bought in June. I took a buddy with me to look at the 'burban that's bought and sold many older GM trucks and he said if I passed he was buying it. Comes with a '96 or 97 parts truck with a running 5.7. All told, I'm into it for less than half the MSRP of a Benelli tnt 135. That'll change!!!

WARREN

BAMF+
who knows when that will show up, it’s the very basic cheap model and my guess is they are cranking out the high profit margin loaded 4 doors first. I may just sell it if someone really wants it :lol:
Our first bronco on the lot lasted 1000 km (600 miles) before holing a piston.....
How many "spare" engine do you think Ford has in the pipe?
Somewhere around zero.
But boy do they want the busted one back.

Top Bottom