Can't believe your eyes? How about your ears?

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I ran some real Rogan next to that AI stuff. It's close, but not perfect. But if you were just casually listening, you would not know it was AI Joe talking.

S.C.

RobBase

BAMF
Why do we need something like this?
In what way does this make our lives as human beings better?
If we value our self-preservation, can't we kill or imprison the people that develop stuff like this?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Why do we need something like this?
In what way does this make our lives as human beings better?
If we value our self-preservation, can't we kill or imprison the people that develop stuff like this?
Why? It will make it much easier to scam people.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
It sounds rehearsed and like it's being read off a script (which of course it is)- it doesn't have a natural speech pattern, though it certainly sounds like Rogan. A machine will always have great difficulty expressing emotion and sounding truly realistic.

OP
OP
rumble phish

rumble phish

BAMF+
It sounds rehearsed and like it's being read off a script (which of course it is)- it doesn't have a natural speech pattern, though it certainly sounds like Rogan. A machine will always have great difficulty expressing emotion and sounding truly realistic.
This is their first shot out of the gate and it's already that good. It's only going to get better. In 3-5 years it may still not be perfect, but I'm guessing it'll be a damn near impossible to differentiate the fake from the real.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Maybe- imitating a voice isn't difficult, but imitating emotion in a way that seems realistic sure is- a machine can only ever offer an approximation, especially when it comes to responses rather than simple expression (i.e. a machine would have a very difficult time discerning sarcasm).

I'm not saying it won't ever happen, but I'm commenting on the OP.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...soon everyone will have one on their smart phone to keep them company n shit...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I could see where you would select from available celebrity personalities...you could start a collection....

...maybe you could get them to argue amongst themselves whilst you sit back and eat popcorn...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I'd like to hear George Carlin and Joe Rogan go at it...

Hapo

Dog Boy
….I'd sure like to carry George Carlin around to comment upon the attendant irony...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...when I got really bored I could call Rodney Dangerfield to ask him how he's doing...

...maybe Cyber-Putin and Cyber-Trump cold have a debate aboot whirled peas...

Austin_F

BAMF+
I'd like harry Caray and Howard Cosell to give the color commentary on the shit I see in every day life.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...maybe they could figger how to implant a chip so your AI could be like Harvey...

...I got the idea from Scorpius...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...parents could implant their children with neural clones and never have them out of sight...!!!...

Top Bottom